KnifeCenter Para 3 Cruwear

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Rsm801

Re: KnifeCenter Para 3 Cruwear

Post by Rsm801 »

im sure they will be on various 2nd party sites for $225 in a day or two. lol
even if they dont sell out.
Like the forum knife....
I saw someone buy one of those on another forum for over $225, and while they were still available direct from spiderco for the great price we all saw it for. haha.
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

I didn't realize this one was also the smooth G10. I got the PM2 with this surface, and at first I was thinking it was not so good, but it grew on me and now I like it quite well. I think back about the knives I had as a youth, and they were all polished smooth and we never thought twice about it.

And on a smaller knife like the Para 3, it seems all the more appropriate. So, don't be put off by the smooth G10!

I actually kind of like it, as it makes this a little brother to the PM2 Cruwear I have.

No shipping notice yet, but my credit card shows a pending charge from knifecenter for the appropriate amount, so it looks like my preorder is going along as it should. And I see them still in stock.
Crux

Post by Crux »

If it's a new Spyderco Para 3 then the blade could be made out of chocolate and I would still buy it.

I'm a fool on a hill, but I got lots of shiny sharp objects. :)
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
blues

Post by blues »

Tucson Tom wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:09 pm

No shipping notice yet, but my credit card shows a pending charge from knifecenter for the appropriate amount, so it looks like my preorder is going along as it should. And I see them still in stock.
Me neither but the gal I spoke to yesterday morning said my order was being processed and prepared for shipment. So I got that going for me, which is nice. :p

ETA: Shipping notice received shortly after I posted. Looks like it should be here in a day or two.
- Retired from the chase -
awa54

Post by awa54 »

Shipping notice showed up in my email just now!

MXG Gear short/deep carry clip ordered.
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
awa54

Post by awa54 »

How many of you are thinking about replacing the scales on this one? I would have much prefered the gray from the Sprint, but I missed that one so no use wishing for something I can't have... Guess I'll go look at G10.lt and see if there's anything to tempt me there.
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Got shipping notice email! :D

I’ll see what I think of the smooth scales. After changing them on my BHQ Jade / satin M4 para3, I’m not in a hurry to change them on another knife.
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

awa54 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:27 am
How many of you are thinking about replacing the scales on this one? I would have much prefered the gray from the Sprint, but I missed that one so no use wishing for something I can't have... Guess I'll go look at G10.lt and see if there's anything to tempt me there.
Not me. I'm looking forward to the smooth black scales.

A small knife that gets used on hikes and such might be nice in day-glo orange scales so I don't set it down and lose it, but that problem can be solved with a lanyard made from bright (and appropriate) para cord.
blues

Post by blues »

awa54 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:27 am
Definitely not changing mine out. Black doesn't trouble me in the least and the smooth scales are not an issue for normal EDC.

(They would be if I intended to clean fish with the knife but I'd use a fixed blade for that anyway.)
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

Crux wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:46 am
If it's a new Spyderco Para 3 then the blade could be made out of chocolate and I would still buy it.

I'm a fool on a hill, but I got lots of shiny sharp objects. :)
It's the Cruwear that sold me on this knife. I have been kind of "meh? what's the big deal" about the Para 3 -- but we will see if my opinion changes once I get the knife in hand. I tend to prefer a bigger knife like the PM2 or Manix. The knife the Para 3 needs to go head to head with is the Native 5, which is the knife I grab when I want something small. We'll see about that soon enough.
tps3443

Post by tps3443 »

I may get one of these. $136 bucks seems cheap.
“My daily razor blade”
Microtech Stitch CTS-204P stonewashed blade
Microtech Dirac Delta CTS-204P Black DLC
^Wicked Edge guided system^
Peacedivision

Post by Peacedivision »

received tracking this morning, should arrive Friday.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

tps3443 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:18 am
I may get one of these. $136 bucks seems cheap.
Not sure I'd call it cheap but it is a pretty good price considering. I bet you'd like Cruwear.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

Seems to be out of stock at the moment. Says 2-3 business days now. Maybe they have some more coming in. But you never know could be sold out too now. So i'm happy i got my order in.

And about the scales. I think smooth is ok for a change. Maybe i'll like it even better. It won't be eating your pants up like regular peel ply G10. And i don't think you need the extra grip from the scales. I do prefer some more colorful scales but black is perfectly fine too. And i didn't have a black Para 3 yet, so all cool.
rgrad80

Post by rgrad80 »

I told myself that the smooth scales are “going to be fine” when I got the PM2 with them on. I never carry that PM2. It’s going to be interesting to see what you guys think 3 months from now...maybe on the Para 3 it will be different.
Days without buying a Spyderco: 35

You always have a choice.
Xander3Zero

Post by Xander3Zero »

rgrad80 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:12 pm
I told myself that the smooth scales are “going to be fine” when I got the PM2 with them on. I never carry that PM2. It’s going to be interesting to see what you guys think 3 months from now...maybe on the Para 3 it will be different.
Quit raining on our parade lol!
rgrad80

Post by rgrad80 »

Haha, I promise I’m not! I just don’t want you all to be disappointed.
Days without buying a Spyderco: 35

You always have a choice.
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

rgrad80 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:12 pm
I love the smooth G10 scales on PM2! KC should come out with a variety of steel and G10 (smooth ) combos ....especially since the Para 3 is so popular!

James
Crux

Post by Crux »

rgrad80 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:29 pm
If it says Spyderco Golden Colorado then I don't care if they used banana scales.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
blues

Post by blues »

Crux wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:32 pm
rgrad80 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:29 pm
If it says Spyderco Golden Colorado then I don't care if they used banana scales.
Oh, now you've got me thinking of a Spyderco with smooth yellow (rotten) banana bone scales. :cool: