2018 Discontinued List

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sharp Guy

Re: 2018 Discontinued List

Post by Sharp Guy »

K11P arrived today. It's very nice! My girl's gonna love it
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
attila

Post by attila »

So are the kitchen knives being replaced with anything? I've heard rumors of LC200N kitchen knives, but it's been nothing definitive.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

attila wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:53 pm
So are the kitchen knives being replaced with anything? I've heard rumors of LC200N kitchen knives, but it's been nothing definitive.
Back in 2017 Sal confirmed a second kitchen knife set. I am guessing we will see these in the 2019 catalog.
sal wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:27 pm
The new Chef's knife is now coming in. The maker is fairly new in Seki and has had some theething problems and some family health issues. We Should be shipping this second design next month.

We do have an additional set in-the-works fro a well known and very skilled designer. Planning several variations in materials.

LC is being considered for a kitchen set.

sal
This post also may clue us in as to why this latest series has to come to an end.
Sal has since confirmed that they are indeed gonna run LC200N in a kitchen set. I cant find that post though.
archangel

Post by archangel »

Received the G10 Stretch2 today, and since the LW version 1 is still in my possession I can say GOOD DECISION!!! The extra weight and the looks of the full steel back n liners are totally worth it. The design differences between version 1 and 2 are rather subtle, this was not the driver of my decision. It's the extra steel that makes me happy! :)

If I'm lucky, the Junction might be in the mail on Monday or Tuesday. I have a feeling that the Bushcraft and the MT22 are held in customs, so I need to be a little more patient for those.
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

archangel wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:36 am
Received the G10 Stretch2 today, and since the LW version 1 is still in my possession I can say GOOD DECISION!!! The extra weight and the looks of the full steel back n liners are totally worth it. The design differences between version 1 and 2 are rather subtle, this was not the driver of my decision. It's the extra steel that makes me happy! :)

If I'm lucky, the Junction might be in the mail on Monday or Tuesday. I have a feeling that the Bushcraft and the MT22 are held in customs, so I need to be a little more patient for those.
Got my Junction and Stretch 2 G10 yesterday....love both. Heading to desert for a few days and the Stretch is definitely coming with me!

James
Attachments
2018-10-27 14.49.25.jpg
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

I also got my Stretch 2 today and I was surprised by how tight the lockup is. Very well done.
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

Loving the looks and texture of the Titanium Chaparral!
Trying to keep myself from ordering one of stepped versions. ... :rolleyes:

James
Attachments
2018-10-28 18.22.19.jpg
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Yeah I caved and bought the ti Chap too. It's too good and too cheap to pass up.
Spyderman91

Post by Spyderman91 »

Just got the bushcraft yesterday... Man I cannot put it down,

This is my first Spyderco fixed blade and, the quality as expected, is top notch. I didn't know they originally made this model with maple wood...
It looked amazing, but to my knowledge it ended up not panning out too well. Great on Spyderco for adapting to the situation and switching over to a different material. The polished g10 however is F-ing out this world, can't wait to take it out to the woods. I'm ready to care for this beauty and put this tool steel through it's paces.

Tested the edge on paper (the lightest thing it'll ever cut lmao) and it did 3 clean filet strikes one after the other through the paper. Ridiculously sharp out the box and freaking classy. The sheath isn't bad, although I see why some are concerned about the insert at the bottom... From what I've seen a seller on Ebay hand makes aftermarket sheathes for the Bushcraft... so if it's really an issue, there ya go. The Scandinavian grind is wicked and I feel like this knife will be a great companion for years to come (if I don't lose it or whatever). Thinking about throwing this guy in the pack for the extended mountain bike trips.. it's all fun and games until you get stuck miles out from the car. Which is why you always come a little prepared :)
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

^

The Bushcraft has the most comfortable knife handle I have ever held. Amazing! I want a Proficient too but question if S90V is right for how I will use the knife.

I would love a flat ground Bushcraft or a Proficient in a different steel. A Proficient with Micarta and Cruwear, 3V or 4V would be out of this world!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
archangel

Post by archangel »

Got my Bushcraft today, picked it up at Customs (together with my RWL34 Mule T22). What a beauty, exactly my thing, with the thick blade and all. Get one while you can!!

Got the Junction earlier this week, and the Stretch2 a couple days before.

Christmas is early again this year. :)
Michael
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

The stepped titanium, in fire sale price is still too rich for my blood, but **** it's pretty

Aesthetically, the D'allara 3 is so sleek - really wish it did better, but I can see how the g10 version didn't live up to it's predecessors
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

Ti Chap in action every day so far. It was in my shortlist to pick it up at the regular price. This made the deal sweet.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
archangel

Post by archangel »

BTW, regarding the Bushcraft: nasty thick blade, while at the same time it's the sharpest out the box spydie I've ever received. Its sick sharp. Such a winner.
Michael
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

GarageBoy wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:41 pm
The stepped titanium, in fire sale price is still too rich for my blood, but **** it's pretty

Aesthetically, the D'allara 3 is so sleek - really wish it did better, but I can see how the g10 version didn't live up to it's predecessors

Got the Chaparral Stepped titanium inbound. ..couldn't pass up Black Friday deal. The D'allara and a couple of the Chefs knives are all that remain on my discontinued "want" list!

James

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.