What was your first Spyderco?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ThePeacent

Re: What was your first Spyderco?

Post by ThePeacent »

Resilience in 2014 or early 2015. That didn't "Trigger" the Spydievirus, but a few months later I got the Pacific Salt, which is still today the most perfect EDC folder for me, and in quickly succession 14 Spydies were added to the collection, plus 4 Byrds :p
Cave_Hermit

Post by Cave_Hermit »

Just logged back on today after the internet has been down, it was awesome reading all about your first spydies, on another note I handled a manix 2 yesterday and now I need one asap I think I like the ergos better then my military and I really like my mili!
Drewthebrave

Post by Drewthebrave »

My first was the Black CF Positron, around this time last year when it on clearance. Before that, I had never spent more than ~$35 on a knife. It sold me on Spyderco and on quality steel.
Wolfy916

Post by Wolfy916 »

I carried a CRKT M16 for probably 5 years through the end of high school and college. When I got my first real job one of the first things I wanted was a "nice" knife and I sprung for a Spyderco Citadel Auto. Problem was that it was truly my first real nice knife and I was afraid to cut anything with it. Now I have the knife bug and I'm trying to collect the standards but in colors I like or sprint runs. Got my first endura this year in Vtoku and the green/black pm2.
talesk

Post by talesk »

I am new to spyderco.

First was the Hungarian.
Haves: Hungarian x5, Firefly x2, Orange Dragonfly 2, Orange Delica 4, Blue Delica 4, Orange Endura 4, Sliverax, Blurple Manix 2 s110v, Burnt Orange Meerkat hap40/sus410, spy dk orange, Pingo orange, Military Fluted Titanium, Lil sub-hilt, para 3 Rex45, friction folder, cricket, techno v1 xhp, spydiechef, slysz bowie, paysan, nirvana, subvert, ikuchi, smock, shaman (4v), shaman (cruwear), drunken, Caribbean (pe sheep)
Wants: parata, kapara
In the mail:
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

Caly 3.5 black G10 VG10
flasharry

Post by flasharry »

Kiwi original in red bone.. still have it..
"You never know what lonesome is, 'til you get to herdin' cows"
Philliphair

Post by Philliphair »

tenacious circa 2013
redhawk44357

Post by redhawk44357 »

My first was a Delica with molded clip , PE . Year unknown
44MAGNUMB

Post by 44MAGNUMB »

Spyderco Jumpmaster in 2014 followed closely with an assist
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

Manix 2, S30V, PE, Black G10 Scales
This knife is a tank! You can feel the strength.
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
garret

Post by garret »

An SS cricket, I had never heard of spyderco before but when I had that little thing in my hand I fell in love.
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

Chinook II around 2004
Danno44

Post by Danno44 »

Just ordered my first one on Sunday and received shipping notice yesterday for a Lil’ Native Compression Lock. Should have by next Monday. Looking forward to seeing first hand what the excitement of Spyderco’s is about.
Mom3ntuM

Post by Mom3ntuM »

My First was a Pm2 camo/Black, when i got it i couldn't put it down. Constantly flicking the knife for weeks.
I felt that i had purchased something spesial..
I have been chasing that feeling ever since, but no mather what knife the postmann brings, it's never the same. Sometimes it's close enough, so I keep On ordering knives. :)
Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
James Dean
Dornbox

Post by Dornbox »

Mine was a Persistence that I absolutely love and carried as my EDC briefly before purchasing a couple other Spydercos. I've since quickly fell in love with the Para 3 and have a full blown case of Spydivirus... especially for the Para 3 and all the recent Sprints and Exclusives. Now, much like Mom3ntuM, I find myself chasing that feeling and cant wait for the next Para 3 Sprint run or Exclusive to drop.
Too many Military family variants... and yet not enough.
:spyder:
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

First gen Worker. Followed by a first gen Delica. The Worker accidentally ended up at the bottom of Sportsman Lake. Still have the Delica.

TedP
SharpieB

Post by SharpieB »

Tenacious almost exactly a year ago. Now I have 20 Spydercos.
tbdoc4kids

Post by tbdoc4kids »

Endura Spyderedge in G-2 around 1990. Still have it!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I've said it several times before here on the forum but it doesn't hurt to repeat it because it did truly change my mindset on how I view knives as tools and necessary gear for all kinds of jobs that you would encounter in every day life.

It was April of 1995 at a Gun Show we had here in Kansas City. We had at the time two very good knife dealers that showed up at all of the Gun Shows. I had been wanting to get a high quality serrated blade and two buddies at the time that I hunted with both said that Spyderco is the only way to go with serrated blades and at the time they really had no serious competition. How true that turned out to be.

So I got a stainless handled, full Spyderedged, GIN-1 MARINER model>> and as many narrators would say "The Rest Is History" :cool: that started an addiction/obsession that hasn't even slowed down since that day in April of 1995.

It wasn't long after that I got my first POLICE model (ATS-55 unit) and my first JD Smith model. You might say that the dam broke :eek: