Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Interesting. How long are the mule blades?
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:45 am
Interesting. How long are the mule blades?
About 3.5 inches.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
BadFish

Post by BadFish »

With the mule project taking a hiatus I figured I’d better get another before they’re gone. Still couple left on the main site
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Mini Mariner

&

Spydiechef
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

The discontinued list made me get off the fence and finally order a Sage 2.

What has everyone else picked up from the disco'ed list?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Sprig and Junction
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

Forum knife comes tomorrow ! Ordered Junction and Stretch 2 from KC today. Slowly getting more Spyderco fixed blades.

James
toxophilus

Post by toxophilus »

Burnt Orange Endura HAP40; scored one for $60 smackaroos :spyder:
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Military S90V Blue Paid $170.00 for it, feel pretty good about it for that price :)
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Picked up a Ti Chap & Mantra 1...
So it goes.
Dingo

Post by Dingo »

UKPK
archangel

Post by archangel »

Exciting times!! I have 3 (THREE) Spydies incoming!! One "upgrade" Stretch (now model 2 redesign) with G10 and steel liners (always preferred over FRN lightweight, just feels more grippy tgerefore nicer in my chubby hands), one 1-2-1 replacement Mule Team with new and rare steel RWL34, and one brand new (while at the same time discontinued) design for me, the Bushcraft, also with a new rare steel O-1.

This is like 50% of my annual :spyder: purchases, therefore I am not ashamed to say: Can't beat this time of the year! :)
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

Was trying to be strong and stop buying knives for the rest of October! Almost made it through the day..but the Sage 2 and Titanium Chaparral were in my head. Broke down ...sooooo the TI Chap is inbound. :cool:

James
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

My FDE S35VN Para3 should be here this week! I'm finally on board the Para3 train after putting an MXG clip on my 4V
PStone

Post by PStone »

None from knifecenter ever again
Doeswhateveraspidercan

DirtMcGirt wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:57 pm
Never had a problem with knife center whats the story?
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:24 pm
DirtMcGirt wrote:
Same here, spill!
PStone

Post by PStone »

DirtMcGirt wrote:
Check the discontinued thread at the top. They basically had a glitch and sold me two bushcraft instead of one. One backorder, one instock. Then told me no to return shipping for one. Then said they would after I said was going to dispute the duplicate charge. Then this morning called usps to intercept the packages without refunding me. My postmaster told me they received a call to pull them back from the truck this morning after it was out for delivery. They illegally refused two packages addressed to me, that I paid shipping for. It was my property. It’s very childish and uncalled for. Trevor, Tom, kaitlyn, were all extremely rude to my wife and I the entire time. Trevor also found it very funny that I was going to post about it here. Last time I ever buy from them.

Spyderco however has never been anything but great to me. Anytime I’ve ever talked to someone at spyderco, I hang up feeling 110% satisfied. I feel as though they go above and beyond to listen to, and please their customers. All that gets lost to big dealers like knifecenter and bhq. And then leaves me feeling bad. The opposite of what spyderco does.

So I think the community here needs to know when retailers treat their fellow knife nuts with such disrespect. I’ve also posted about excellent experiences, not just bad. All so that maybe a second thought will be given to supporting the smaller dealers like stnicks, REC, soonerstate, etc who offer outstanding customer service along with their product. Even if a few more dollars are spent.

And fwiw, Amex is the one who immediately refunded my money this afternoon, they stand by their customers. And will be investigating. They said it is illegal what knifecenter did. They’ve seen it before. Mostly when eBay is involved.
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

DirtMcGirt wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:19 pm
DirtMcGirt wrote:
Check the discontinued thread at the top. They basically had a glitch and sold me two bushcraft instead of one. One backorder, one instock. Then told me no to return shipping for one. Then said they would after I said was going to dispute the duplicate charge. Then this morning called usps to intercept the packages without refunding me. My postmaster told me they received a call to pull them back from the truck this morning after it was out for delivery. They illegally refused two packages addressed to me, that I paid shipping for. It was my property. It’s very childish and uncalled for. Trevor, Tom, kaitlyn, were all extremely rude to my wife and I the entire time. Trevor also found it very funny that I was going to post about it here. Last time I ever buy from them.

Spyderco however has never been anything but great to me. Anytime I’ve ever talked to someone at spyderco, I hang up feeling 110% satisfied. I feel as though they go above and beyond to listen to, and please their customers. All that gets lost to big dealers like knifecenter and bhq. And then leaves me feeling bad. The opposite of what spyderco does.

So I think the community here needs to know when retailers treat their fellow knife nuts with such disrespect. I’ve also posted about excellent experiences, not just bad. All so that maybe a second thought will be given to supporting the smaller dealers like stnicks, REC, soonerstate, etc who offer outstanding customer service along with their product. Even if a few more dollars are spent.

And fwiw, Amex is the one who immediately refunded my money this afternoon, they stand by their customers. And will be investigating. They said it is illegal what knifecenter did. They’ve seen it before. Mostly when eBay is involved.
Sorry for your bad experience. ..hope everything works out for you!

James
PStone

Post by PStone »

Extra330SC wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:23 pm
DirtMcGirt wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:19 pm
DirtMcGirt wrote:
Sorry for your bad experience. ..hope everything works out for you!

James
Thank you. It has. And a very pleasant phone order to the SFO turned that horrible mood I was in, to a giant ear to ear smile. Thanks Colin!

ETA: Wolfspyder#2 and a Genzow Hatchethawk from SFO