2018 Discontinued List

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: 2018 Discontinued List

Post by Doc Dan »

Mr Blonde wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:19 am
I'm surprised the see the Lil' Temp 3 live to 'cut' another year! ;)
Me too. I would have thought it would have been discontinued and the M2 BL would remain.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Doc Dan wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:07 am
Mr Blonde wrote:
Me too. I would have thought it would have been discontinued and the M2 BL would remain.
The MBC knives always seem to stick around such as the P'Kal
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Lumpy620

Post by Lumpy620 »

Not as deep a culling as last year I feel, but still too many models I want and had been putting off. Can't decide which to grab... I have the ATR, Chap TI, Ouroboros, and Manix all in my cart, and I can only afford one. :confused:
archangel

Post by archangel »

archangel wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:37 am
Dang. Bushcraft order placed at KC. :o I couln't resist.

And my FRN Stretch is on sale. So if prices drop on any of my preferred Bay stores, I'll place another order. :)

Done, ordered from Whitemountainknives, after they kindly accepted to reduce their price to KC level. :)
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I keep going back and looking at that Euroedge. I have bought so many knives lately and I know I shouldn't buy another now but it just keep calling to me. I hope they sell out before I fold.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
sal

Post by sal »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:41 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:07 am
Mr Blonde wrote:
The MBC knives always seem to stick around such as the P'Kal
Hi Spydergirl,

Knives like the P'Kal are made more for undercover law enforcement officers, so we keep them in the line, even if sales are not large so we can support our law enforcement.

sal
archangel

Post by archangel »

No more Bushcrafts available at KC anymore. Wow, their stock is melting like ice in the sunshine...
Michael
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
BIGSTRETCH

Post by BIGSTRETCH »

New Graham Knives has the Sprig for $159.99
SG89

Post by SG89 »

sal wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:36 am

Hi Spydergirl,

Knives like the P'Kal are made more for undercover law enforcement officers, so we keep them in the line, even if sales are not large so we can support our law enforcement.

sal
Understood. I learn something new everyday on this forum.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:24 am
I keep going back and looking at that Euroedge. I have bought so many knives lately and I know I shouldn't buy another now but it just keep calling to me. I hope they sell out before I fold.
Honestly, it's going to be a rare classic. Can't think of another Spyderco that even looks remotely like it.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Well I am thoroughly miffed... Knife center canceled my Sage 2 order after confirmation AND a live email follow up.

We will see what happens.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:13 am
Well I am thoroughly miffed... Knife center canceled my Sage 2 order after confirmation AND a live email follow up.

I ordered a Sage 2 two days ago. I got the confirmation email shortly after completing my purchase. However, I have not yet received an email that the knife has been shipped. I am starting to fear the worst. Sigh...
FullCircleHook

Post by FullCircleHook »

Yeah, I just got an email from KnifeCenter that they canceled my Sprig order because “it was not allocated as expected.” Frustrating!
BIGSTRETCH wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:33 am
New Graham Knives has the Sprig for $159.99
Thanks for the heads up! I’ve never purchased from them before. Have you had good experiences? I’m in scramble mode now, but want to get as close to that KnifeCenter price as I can.
archangel

Post by archangel »

p_atrick wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:19 am
Sumdumguy wrote:

I ordered a Sage 2 two days ago. I got the confirmation email shortly after completing my purchase. However, I have not yet received an email that the knife has been shipped. I am starting to fear the worst. Sigh...

Well I'm relieved. Just got a notification mail that my Bushcraft has been shipped out...
Michael
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

archangel wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:51 pm
p_atrick wrote:
Sumdumguy wrote:

Well I'm relieved. Just got a notification mail that my Bushcraft has been shipped out...
My order was placed, recieved email confirmation. 2 days later I get an email clarifying my order, as apparently there was a system malfunction. They then remade my order from 2 days prior, after the knife had sold out.

They sent me a "sorry, your S.O.L" email. I doubt I will ever do business with them again.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
PStone

Post by PStone »

I just got notification that two separate bushcrafts have shipped out when I only ordered one. Very unpleasant to deal with knifecenter on the phone. They are saying I placed two orders hours apart. Somehow while I was sleeping I placed a second order. And Tom from knifecenter says they will refuse to pay return shipping for one, once I get them. He was extremely rude about it too. Sarcastic thanks knifecenter.

Edit to add: Trevor from kc just called back and offered to pay return shipping on one. Genuine thanks. Still doesn’t make up for the rudeness from Tom though. Or the lack of explanation HOW the second order was placed. I’m concerned other customers may have been double charged as well. Especially considering the other “glitches” reported.
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

archangel wrote:
p_atrick wrote:
Sumdumguy wrote:

I too just got an email saying my Sage 2 has shipped. Guess I am one of the lucky ones. I had no idea there would be such a rush on the knife.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

p_atrick wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:14 pm
archangel wrote:
p_atrick wrote:
Sumdumguy wrote:

I too just got an email saying my Sage 2 has shipped. Guess I am one of the lucky ones. I had no idea there would be such a rush on the knife.
They said that I ordered 3 D'allaras and 2 one eyed jacks, the latter I didn't even purchase one of.

I'm utterly disgusted with their customer service.

-Thomas Jefferson
Dingo

Post by Dingo »

Bushcraft discontinued? Say it isn’t so.
The most comfortable handle I have had the pleasure of using
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:24 am
In the same boat pal.. I even had one i had to let go to finance a Kopa that popped up unexpectedly :/
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.