Spyderco Seconds Sale 2018!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TazKristi

Spyderco Seconds Sale 2018!

Post by TazKristi »

We hope you can join us!
SFO 2018 2nd Sale postcard V2_Page_1.jpg
Spyderco Factory Outlet Store Sale Event
Saturday, November 17th, 2018
8:00am - 5:00pm

This anticipated event is your opportunity to purchase Spyderco factory seconds, closeout items, and other select products at incredible discounts. Spyderco factory second products are fully functional items with minor blemishes.

• Spyderco factory second products are not covered under our standard warranty policy.
• Maximum purchase of 25 factory second knives.
• No purchase limit on factory second ceramics or first quality products.
• Cash, check and all major credit cards accepted.
• Event patrons are served on a first come, first served basis.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation.
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Mushroom

Re: Spyderco Seconds Sale 2018!

Post by Mushroom »

Will be there again this year, can't wait!

Thanks Kristi!

:spyder:
-Nick :bug-red
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Wish I could make it! Enjoy everybody!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I've made it to 3 of the last 4 sales, but am leaning towards not making this one. We'll see how busy my schedule looks closer to that date and if I can find any better deals on plane tickets.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Wish I wasn't 2000 miles away and working like a dog...
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Wish I could be there! Maybe someday...
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
toxophilus

Post by toxophilus »

Mushroom wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:02 pm

Thanks Kristi!

I'm there!

Nick, I'm putting on a Friday feed; you're welcome to join of course (Carnita theme) :D

Fugi
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

For those of you who have been to the Seconds Sale in the past, what does Spyderco consider "an incredible discount"?
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

toxophilus wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:52 am
Mushroom wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:02 pm

Thanks Kristi!

I'm there!

Nick, I'm putting on a Friday feed; you're welcome to join of course (Carnita theme) :D

Fugi
Sounds good, I’ll definitely be there for Friday night!

Looking forward to it. It’s half the fun, in my opinion. :D
toxophilus

Post by toxophilus »

Hopweaver wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:01 am
For those of you who have been to the Seconds Sale in the past, what does Spyderco consider "an incredible discount"?
Hopweaver, Below is an image of a haul from last year's Seconds Sale, prices are still on the blades. I heard from someone that the blue stickers are actually returns... imagine a K2 for $60.00 or that M4 BHQ Manix 2 for $65.00

The Black & Brown Southards (NIB)were being cleared out for $135 / $125 respectively. You may have to zoom in to see the prices :spyder:

Well worth it in my opinion!

Drahkis

Post by Drahkis »

Hopweaver wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:01 am
how about $20 Air, $60 Slysz Bowie, $80 Nirvana, $80 Mamba, $40 Ti Lum Tanto.

If you want these though, be there early
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Just FYI, the "returns" seconds (like the ones in Drahkis' post) have been way cheaper than the regular seconds, probably something like 50% off the regular seconds pricing (so a non-return factory second of the Nirvana was something like $160 vs $80 for a return second). They usually only have a single bin of returns, so not too many at those prices.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

Anyone who's going that would be able to keep a look out for a small number of knives and possibly purchase them (to be posted to near Chicago).

Or alternatively, if you are undecided on purchasing something that I am interested in, then after discussion but before you purchase it I'll let you know if I'll take it off your hands if you don't like it. More interested in SE blades.

That's how I got my Pacifuc Salt from 40mm, he only used it a week and passed it on.

I'm NOT fussy about marks on knives if you try a knife before reselling it to me.

(FYI, Im in Australia but purchases get sent to Chicago)

Message me if you can help.
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.
Hatchet 7419

Post by Hatchet 7419 »

Anyone see a SAGE 4 out there . I’ve been looking for a couple of yrs now .
Hatchet 7419

Post by Hatchet 7419 »

And what is second sales like .
attila

Post by attila »

Couldn't the SFO set up a webpage that only distant/working forum members can go to to get some of these deals?

Many of us are thousands of miles away and/or required to work, so we don't get a chance at these.

I actually would like to meet the Spyderco crew more so than getting a few sweet deals, but I'd settle for access to the deals.

Thanks.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

It would probably be more effort than its worth to list each knife and their "flaws" online.
There is a lot of knives to look through at the sale, it's actually kind of hard to imagine until you see it. It's very beneficial to be able to inspect each knife, in person, and really know what you're buying.

As someone who is also thousands of miles away, and has attended the sale multiple times, I can say it's worth the trip. :D

500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

Mushroom

I'm assuming all the knives still work and are functional ?

Then I'm happy to leave it to someone if they are there.

Blemishes and off centre don't worry me.
(Like the PAC Salt I just purchased from forum member, mark or two in the blade but nothing like what I'll do to it!
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.
attila

Post by attila »

Mushroom wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:49 pm
It would probably be more effort than its worth to list each knife and their "flaws" online.
There is a lot of knives to look through at the sale, it's actually kind of hard to imagine until you see it. It's very beneficial to be able to inspect each knife, in person, and really know what you're buying.

As someone who is also thousands of miles away, and has attended the sale multiple times, I can say it's worth the trip. :D

You're right that it's more trouble than it's worth for those putting the show on, but it would be worth it to some of us in the community. I see why they wouldn't do it.

I just can't justify such a trip due to work, wife, kid, and pets. The trip's cost alone would negate the sweetness of any sweet deals.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Drahkis

Post by Drahkis »

jabba359 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:50 pm
Just FYI, the "returns" seconds (like the ones in Drahkis' post) have been way cheaper than the regular seconds, probably something like 50% off the regular seconds pricing (so a non-return factory second of the Nirvana was something like $160 vs $80 for a return second). They usually only have a single bin of returns, so not too many at those prices.
Thanks for pointing out the return vs second factor, I should have mentioned that.

I am pretty sure some of those factory second Nirvanas were $275