How do you store your knives

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Crux

Re: How do you store your knives

Post by Crux »

This works for the Salt knives.

Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

I've got spyderpacks and some individual cases. When I move somewhere more permanent, I plan in investing in a safe and some shadowboxes to display my traditionals.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
dodgie02

Post by dodgie02 »

On an elegant 1*1m meter table, selfmade with a mirror blade. On top of the table I've spanned a polyester flag of Canada so the leaf centers it. Around the table my knives are are distributed in a circular gathering in order or sizes models and the likes. In the middle there is a atmospheric little lamp illumination the knives of the round table.

I kid you not.

And it turns around it's axel so when I turn the round table and choose my loyal companion for the day I shamefully admit I adore this ritual haha.

I'm Dutch so why the Canadian flag? No reason in particular, I like the way they all give friendly feedback on my choice of the day as well as 'good on you mate' stuff they convey when another is picked over another.

Nah real story.

As a child I met a Canadian veteran visiting my hometown. I'm passing 30 years and beyond already but that man left such a strong impression. They liberated us from our German neighbour's when they threw a 6y tantrum. But here's the thing. That man gave me one of his medals back then which he earned by risking injury or death and was so happy to see the results of his painful but heroic deeds I was told later.

Kept m yearly company when ever he came around back for their celebration day here. Till 7 or 8 years back which was his first of many absences so I guess his story was over.

As a child I didn't recognize how special this all was, for him, for me, and and the grand picture included ofc.

So yeah call me weird or corny for intertwining my favorite hobbie (and undiagnosed illness I just got a rex Para 2 and a vtoku2 delica. Do I need the lil native? A superblue calypso? I rather have a full rainbow version thank you. Will I pick one up? Not the calypso, )
-with the best and subtle homage I can give to show my appreciation for what he and his. Not even tring to single him out but he brought the war to a real place. When older I the idea of a man all that, get decorated and then gives it away to a smiling child without a second thought. Reminding it makes me feel optimistic bout the world which isn't all misery
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

dodgie02 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:32 am
On an elegant 1*1m meter table, selfmade with a mirror blade. On top of the table I've spanned a polyester flag of Canada so the leaf centers it. Around the table my knives are are distributed in a circular gathering in order or sizes models and the likes. In the middle there is a atmospheric little lamp illumination the knives of the round table.

I kid you not.

And it turns around it's axel so when I turn the round table and choose my loyal companion for the day I shamefully admit I adore this ritual haha.

I'm Dutch so why the Canadian flag? No reason in particular, I like the way they all give friendly feedback on my choice of the day as well as 'good on you mate' stuff they convey when another is picked over another.

Nah real story.

As a child I met a Canadian veteran visiting my hometown. I'm passing 30 years and beyond already but that man left such a strong impression. They liberated us from our German neighbour's when they threw a 6y tantrum. But here's the thing. That man gave me one of his medals back then which he earned by risking injury or death and was so happy to see the results of his painful but heroic deeds I was told later.

Kept m yearly company when ever he came around back for their celebration day here. Till 7 or 8 years back which was his first of many absences so I guess his story was over.

As a child I didn't recognize how special this all was, for him, for me, and and the grand picture included ofc.

So yeah call me weird or corny for intertwining my favorite hobbie (and undiagnosed illness I just got a rex Para 2 and a vtoku2 delica. Do I need the lil native? A superblue calypso? I rather have a full rainbow version thank you. Will I pick one up? Not the calypso, )
-with the best and subtle homage I can give to show my appreciation for what he and his. Not even tring to single him out but he brought the war to a real place. When older I the idea of a man all that, get decorated and then gives it away to a smiling child without a second thought. Reminding it makes me feel optimistic bout the world which isn't all misery

Nice story, bro. :cool:
- best wishes, Jazz.
dodgie02

Post by dodgie02 »

Jazz wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:52 am
dodgie02 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:32 am

I kid you not.

Nah real story.

Nice story, bro. :cool:
Sorry if I got a bit carried away. Memories kept flowing back and before I knew it I went from 'my knifes are on a table' to 'hey and now I have you here let me share a chapter of my life story' somehow :p

Not my intention to drag country and history in here, I'm sure it's frowned upon in irrelevant topics/objects. Only thought about it because I life 30 km (Rijssen, Overijssel, Netherlands, Europe, earth) from the German border. Lovely people honestly by the way.
:p
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Mine are just sort of everywhere. Junk drawer, shoeboxes, gloves box, sock drawer, on top of my dresser, gun safe and who knows? I think there is probably one or two under the seat in my truck and maybe one in my wife's truck. There are probably a couple still in the pockets of pants in my hamper. I do have a couple Spyderpacs but many still seem to get scattered about. I just dug out my camo coveralls for turkey season and found a Para2 in them from last year that I didn't even realize was missing. :)

I guess it makes for good security. Diversified risk? If somebody tried to loot my collection there is no way they would get them all. My fear with pelican cases, spyderpacs and anything that consolidates them all in one place is that it makes them too easy to steal.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

dodgie02 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:45 am
Not my intention to drag country and history in here, I'm sure it's frowned upon in irrelevant topics/objects.
I certainly don’t object. It’s the experience and memories attached to things that make things interesting and valuable beyond mere $$
supracor

Post by supracor »

In the first drawer I find ;)