Jade/M4 Yojimbo

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Bradley

Re: Jade/M4 Yojimbo

Post by Bradley »

Cc got charged instantly and I received order confirmation nearly instantly. Took maybe an hour to get my shipping info
Slash

Post by Slash »

Bradley wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:53 pm
Cc got charged instantly and I received order confirmation nearly instantly. Took maybe an hour to get my shipping info
My bad. Got you mixed up with cobra.

BHQ, always on top of their orders.
Living so close to them in Vegas. Sometimes I even get it the next day.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

They were on top of the shipping. Mine arrives today. I did order right when it dropped, so maybe they are FIFO on processing.
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
mb1

Post by mb1 »

And they’re gone. Woah! That was pretty quick compared to the Millie.
- Mark

Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

mb1 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:40 am
They were on top of the shipping. Mine arrives today. I did order right when it dropped, so maybe they are FIFO on processing.

I would have to disagree. My order was placed 3 minutes after release and it still hasn’t shipped two days later. I’ve got a tracking number now but it is currently only tracking the whereabouts of the label itself. I was hoping to have this by Friday but now it will probably be the end of next week at this rate. Bummer.

But on the bright side I’m getting an m4 yo2 haha.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:54 am
mb1 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:40 am

I would have to disagree. My order was placed 3 minutes after release and it still hasn’t shipped two days later. I’ve got a tracking number now but it is currently only tracking the whereabouts of the label itself. I was hoping to have this by Friday but now it will probably be the end of next week at this rate. Bummer.

But on the bright side I’m getting an m4 yo2 haha.
Ok, guess not then. Bummer indeed, but this is a good one that will be worth the wait. 🤙🏻
- Mark

Bradley

Post by Bradley »

The differences in shipping speed is very weird. Like mb1 mine appears like it may be delivered a day early, as it departed my local hub early this morning. Sorry Cobra :( waiting is no fun.
Bradley

Post by Bradley »

It has arrived. Fit and finish appear perfect. This is my first natural g-10, I like it, but think I still may dye it.

Edit: Couple of edits. On the area of the blade that would otherwise be a finger choil there is some dark discoloration, nearly black, maybe some over grinding? Also upon closing, it sometimes makes a rubbing type sound. I dont see anything actually rubbing so I think it's just the washers needing to be a little broken in? Great looking knife though. Glad to have gotten one.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Mine also arrived, sans shipping notice. I’m on east coast if that helps. Nice strong detent, beautiful knife, the Yo2 was always a winner.

Shipping out immediately, this one will have serrations soon. Let’s see if we can change some minds about an SE yojimbo.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

tvenuto wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:30 pm
Mine also arrived, sans shipping notice. I’m on east coast if that helps. Nice strong detent, beautiful knife, the Yo2 was always a winner.

Shipping out immediately, this one will have serrations soon. Let’s see if we can change some minds about an SE yojimbo.
Who's cutting them for you? Keep me posted, I dunno about a Yo 2 but I'd really like to have a SE Sliverax.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Contacted Wiley knives. I’d considered going with Veff but I think it’s fairest to get Spyderco style serrations.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

My shipping says the knife hasn’t been picked up yet. Glad you guys got yours. :D Waiting is fun. :rolleyes:
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
DigDug72

Post by DigDug72 »

Mine is also getting delivered a day early! Should be unboxing her later today once I'm off work...
JonesE

Post by JonesE »

Just checked on bladehq. I appears they are all sold out now.

JonesE
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

:D Today was a good day. Still need to grab that Manix2. :)

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:28 pm
:D Today was a good day. Still need to grab that Manix2. :)

It's definitely getting to be a little repetitive but I like the comb myself. It has a kind of "sterile" aesthetic to it. I like it more with the silver blade and hardware than black for that reason.

This morning when they announced that it was sold out they asked what they should do next and the Shaman got mentioned several times so I'm crossing my fingers. I really want a Sliverax in this combo.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

I’m trying to find some custom scales for my future frankenbeast. Not coming up with much for the Yojimbo. Any leads people know of?
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Shaman would be a must have for me.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
timlara

Post by timlara »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:39 pm
Shaman would be a must have for me.
Same. C'mon BHQ, are you listening??

Sliverax would be great also, but it looks like other than the materials combo, the other theme is all Golden models.
Tim
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Just got my hands on my M4 Yo2 this morning. Not sure what to make of the extra strong detent. It is by far the strongest detent I’ve ever experienced. My son has the S30V version, so I compared them. This new one easily twice as strong feeling.

With the location of the Spyder hole, it adds to the strong detent feel. Its not like it’s unusable, but it feels way too strong.

I saw one comment before related to this, so I guess it’s not just me. Think it’ll ease up with use over time as the ball sees some wear?
- Mark