Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
KnickKnackCity

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Post by KnickKnackCity »

Went back in for round 2 on the coupon checking out as a guest :eek: :spyder: Marbled Carbon Fiber 4V on the way. Really swung for the fences today.
Mystery Flavor

Post by Mystery Flavor »

KnickKnackCity wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:41 am
Mystery Flavor wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:03 pm
I'm very surprised the Para 3 deal I posted is still available to be purchased. It's almost $50 less than the average best price elsewhere. Also surprised others on here don't seem too interested in it, or at least nobody has commented that they bought one... heh I guess it's a very unpopular deal because of the full serrations??
Not sure what you mean by "still available" as it was out of stock when you originally shared?
Everything I can see indicates its real. The serrations are less popular than the plain edge, but there are smart ones who realize what a lil' beast that thing is in use. I bet a bunch of people have hopped on that one without commenting about it. Lots of lurkers or maybe people are waiting till it arrives to post.
Otherwise we have had a ton of exclusive gold dropped on us in the last couple of weeks so the regular production models are being pushed to the back-burner.
This is for sure a Crazy deal. Thanks again for sharing
Available....... as in it is still available to be added to cart and paid for, which locks the order in your account. Yes, it is out of stock, but they will ship these out when they get their next batch from Spyderco. This kind of deal just requires patience after ordering since they don't clearly say how soon it will be shipping, but it is very much still an available deal to be gotten.

Not available would suggest you couldn't actually pay for it and place an order.
KnickKnackCity wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:10 pm
Went back in for round 2 on the coupon checking out as a guest :eek: :spyder: Marbled Carbon Fiber 4V on the way. Really swung for the fences today.
Wait you can really do this with the ebay coupons? I never thought it was possible to use more than once. Do you have to pay with a separate paypal account or address or anything?
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

Mystery Flavor wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:45 pm
Wait you can really do this with the ebay coupons? I never thought it was possible to use more than once. Do you have to pay with a separate paypal account or address or anything?
Yes I was clued in on this by a fellow forum member. I used a different email, paid with CC instead of my paypal, but still shipped to my home address.
A.S.

Post by A.S. »

KnickKnackCity wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:31 am
Mystery Flavor wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:45 pm
Yes I was clued in on this by a fellow forum member. I used a different email, paid with CC instead of my paypal, but still shipped to my home address.
I wish I'd have know this trick yesterday, but will be ready for the next code. Like several posting before me, finally got a a chance to pick up a Para 3 52100 at 15% off.
Mystery Flavor

Post by Mystery Flavor »

Thanks for the answer KnickKnack.

Here's an Ebay deal, but it is only for $5 off anything over $5.01........ not sure how long it lasts. Every little bit of savings helps.

Code = PERKMEUP
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

How do you guys find the deals I always add what I want to my cart then the code doesn’t work for that knife! Ugghhhh
Josh
rivy

Post by rivy »

Mystery Flavor wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:03 pm

Here's an Ebay deal, but it is only for $5 off anything over $5.01........ not sure how long it lasts. Every little bit of savings helps.

Code = PERKMEUP
Awesome! With a best offer and that, I was able to get $10 off a ladybug. :D
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Mystery Flavor wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:03 pm

Code = PERKMEUP

Thanks for that! Working on my car so I grabbed some new retainer clips with that one. $5 is $5! Where did you find that deal? Any idea if it can be used more than once?
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Well that was awesome! With that $5 off coupon I just got a baliyo for $2.48!!!!

Rich
Think for yourself
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

Thanks Mystery! Wooden Dragonfly kit on its way for $5.95. The tot I have in mind for this has a few years to go till he is ready for it, but these things store well :)
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

murphjd25 wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:23 pm
How do you guys find the deals I always add what I want to my cart then the code doesn’t work for that knife! Ugghhhh
Sometimes a deal will be limited to one department (such as outdoors) or sellers who opt in. I think the sale advert usually has its own search feature. Use that one and not the general search. Items in the sale should come up.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Also if you use the ebay app sometimes the deals don't show up so you have to use the website
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:52 am
Also if you use the ebay app sometimes the deals don't show up so you have to use the website
They seem harder to find in the mobile site too. I either have to go to the desktop site or follow a link someone was kind enough to post here.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Thanks guys, I will wait until the next sale!
Josh
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

I used the last 15% coupon and found it didn't work when I had PayPal selected as payment method but did when I switched to credit card.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

It worked for me and I used PayPal
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Slumblor wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:53 am
I used the last 15% coupon and found it didn't work when I had PayPal selected as payment method but did when I switched to credit card.
I didn't work for me with PayPal either at first. It didn't apply the credit. Then I tried a second time and it applied the discount. Not sure what happened but I was able to get my order through with the discount. Another new knife should be in my mailbox this week.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
sparky2016

Post by sparky2016 »

Maybe not crazy, but ICYMI the excellent byrd Raven 2 is $36 at Amazon. It could make a nice gift/user/etc for fans of choils.
https://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-Raven-F ... B00YH7TK0I
Trp2080

Post by Trp2080 »

Camp saver has the brouwer on sale for 150 with free 2 day shipping
Slash

Post by Slash »

10% opticsplanet, only good till tomorrow. They sell lots of goodies.