Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
vgex

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Post by vgex »

attila wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:50 pm
vgex wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:00 pm
Academy sports is blowing out some spydies locally. They had an endura 4 in Orange for $54, amongst other models. Don't know if it's Nationwide.
Thanks for the heads up. Where is this?
San Marcos Texas
attila

Post by attila »

vgex wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:41 am
attila wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:50 pm
vgex wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:00 pm
Academy sports is blowing out some spydies locally. They had an endura 4 in Orange for $54, amongst other models. Don't know if it's Nationwide.
Thanks for the heads up. Where is this?
San Marcos Texas
That's a bit too far of a drive from Maryland to save a few bucks... thanks tho! :p
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
vgex

Post by vgex »

attila wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:43 am

That's a bit too far of a drive from Maryland to save a few bucks... thanks tho! :p
It's not really advertised, I suppose, so you may want to check your local Academy Sports. I neglected to mention the sale was on select BM knives as well. Picked up a Freek for $68 including tax.
Mystery Flavor

Post by Mystery Flavor »

Para 3 FULLY SERRATED version for about $82 + tax at amazon. (you need to click the coupon on that page to get the best price)
https://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-Folder- ... B072N8SFBY

Showing as temp out of stock, but you can order. I posted more info in this thread earlier. //forum.spyderco.com/viewto ... =2&t=81291

Does anyone think it could be good or nice to have another deal thread? This one can confuse people since the title seems to suggest Sierra Trading Post actually carries Spyderco, but they don't. It has been around a year or more since they last had a single one in stock on their site... :confused:

I'm curious what others think? This thread seems like it sometimes becomes more discussion based when there aren't a lot of deals, but we could have a thread that the sole intent of the posters to only post deals? I think it could be a good idea.
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

Thanks for the crazy deal Mystery. I am debating hopping on this one or not as a possible gift knife. I definitely am not in need of anymore Para 3s or S30V in my collection.

I believe your issue with the thread title is covered by "and other places", no? I agree that in-depth discussion that veers too far off topic should have its own thread started. I view this type of topic through the same lense as the "delivered & upcoming." Im not looking for subjective opinion or debate, just info on the deal at hand. Even if you started a new thread titled "Deals only. No discussion allowed" Im sure you would be trying to pull people back on track. Lastly, there's something to be said for any thread no matter what the subject that is 161 pages long and still going.
Last edited by KnickKnackCity on Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

This has been the go to deals thread since I joined so I always check here first. No need for another thread in my opinion.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
rivy

Post by rivy »

This is the deal thread. No need for another.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:46 am
Starting to get itchy... Need another eBay coupon fix... 😂
Seriously. Maybe Columbus Day?
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

abbazaba wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:43 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:

I know, right? Waiting on one so I can grab a blacked out BD1 Manix 2 LW.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

KnickKnackCity wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:13 am
I view this type of topic through the same lense as the "delivered & upcoming."
Better stay on point in that thread :rolleyes:
PStone

Post by PStone »

Mass drop has a delica blue box going on. $74 and the upgrades are all Delicas. Top prize is a magnitude if enough people join.
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

15% site wide at Rakuten.com with code save15. Thinking about picking up a black Assist to live in my SO's car.
Mystery Flavor

Post by Mystery Flavor »

KnickKnackCity wrote:
Thanks for the crazy deal Mystery. I am debating hopping on this one or not as a possible gift knife. I definitely am not in need of anymore Para 3s or S30V in my collection.

I believe your issue with the thread title is covered by "and other places", no? I agree that in-depth discussion that veers too far off topic should have its own thread started. I view this type of topic through the same lense as the "delivered & upcoming." Im not looking for subjective opinion or debate, just info on the deal at hand. Even if you started a new thread titled "Deals only. No discussion allowed" Im sure you would be trying to pull people back on track. Lastly, there's something to be said for any thread no matter what the subject that is 161 pages long and still going.
I'm very surprised the Para 3 deal I posted is still available to be purchased. It's almost $50 less than the average best price elsewhere. Also surprised others on here don't seem too interested in it, or at least nobody has commented that they bought one... heh I guess it's a very unpopular deal because of the full serrations??

I wasn't trying to get anyone to abandon this deal thread. I was mostly thinking of an idea that if the OP of a deal thread wanted to be diligent they could continually re-edit the first post in the thread and keep an up-to-date running list of all available deals/coupon codes etc every time people post new deals.

Same way RamZar constantly edits the first post of that "delivered & upcoming" thread so it is always updated. That is really useful. Even if it's a minor thing it would help many people save time and can be less confusing to find a code or realize it already expired.

Basically I was just considering that I could try to do that for a deal thread, since I know I could do a good job staying on top of it, edit-wise.
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

Mystery Flavor wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:03 pm
KnickKnackCity wrote:

I'm very surprised the Para 3 deal I posted is still available to be purchased. It's almost $50 less than the average best price elsewhere. Also surprised others on here don't seem too interested in it, or at least nobody has commented that they bought one... heh I guess it's a very unpopular deal because of the full serrations??

I wasn't trying to get anyone to abandon this deal thread. I was mostly thinking of an idea that if the OP of a deal thread wanted to be diligent they could continually re-edit the first post in the thread and keep an up-to-date running list of all available deals/coupon codes etc every time people post new deals.

Same way RamZar constantly edits the first post of that "delivered & upcoming" thread so it is always updated. That is really useful. Even if it's a minor thing it would help many people save time and can be less confusing to find a code or realize it already expired.

Basically I was just considering that I could try to do that for a deal thread, since I know I could do a good job staying on top of it, edit-wise.
I trust most of the dealers I buy from on the auction site more than I trust Amazon as far as getting legit knives goes. For that reason I don't use Amazon for spydies.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
Mystery Flavor

Post by Mystery Flavor »

Are para 3 actually being faked? I haven't seen any or heard of any. That's why I think the para deal I posted is a near certainty for being real, plus it's the spyder edge version which wouldn't be as likely on a fake para.

If I'm wrong and there are fake para 3s out in the wild with full serrated edge someone please let me know.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

steelcity16 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:07 pm
abbazaba wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:43 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:

I know, right? Waiting on one so I can grab a blacked out BD1 Manix 2 LW.
I need a new design to drop soon or another ebay coupon... McBee or Kapara would be nice.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

Rutger wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:05 pm
Trp2080 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:54 pm
The date code on the one I got the other day from that seller was LQ. which is December of last year maby?
Yeah LQ is december 2017, so that is old stock. Which is kinda sad cause that would mean they are not in production again. I wonder where they get them from then since the Maxamet Para 3's have been sold out for months. This Ebay seller sold 30 of em this past week, which is kind of crazy. I didn't order mine on Ebay so i will have to wait and see what i will get.
Got my Maxamet Para 3 yesterday and it was LQ too. And **** this knife is nice!
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Tomorrow...

eBay Coupon: 15% Off on $25+ Purchases (Begins September 27) Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: PICKSOON

Valid from 10:00 AM PT on September 27, 2018 until 6:00 PM PT on September 27, 2018. Coupon discount is capped at a maximum value of $100

https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/0927/69157.html
SG89

Post by SG89 »

:D
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:24 am
:D
Ha! Looks like somebody's gonna be knife shopping! :)
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!