St. Nick's Knives Exclusive Para 3

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Brown_Recluse

Re: St. Nick's Knives Exclusive Para 3

Post by Brown_Recluse »

Did anyone catch those BHQ exclusive M4 Para3s in stock at BHQ this afternoon? They were available for all of 20 minutes.
CPM S90V
Maxamet
CPM-M4
M390
CPM 20CV
Lc200N
CPM-S45VN
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Brown_Recluse wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:36 pm
Did anyone catch those BHQ exclusive M4 Para3s in stock at BHQ this afternoon? They were available for all of 20 minutes.

Regular or DLC? I still wouldn't mind grabbibg a DLC at retail.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Brown_Recluse

Post by Brown_Recluse »

steelcity16 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:15 pm
Brown_Recluse wrote:

Just the DLC. I already spent my allocated blade money for this pay period so I had to watch it come and go. :(
CPM S90V
Maxamet
CPM-M4
M390
CPM 20CV
Lc200N
CPM-S45VN
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Brown_Recluse wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:18 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:15 pm
Brown_Recluse wrote:

Just the DLC. I already spent my allocated blade money for this pay period so I had to watch it come and go. :(

dang... :(
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Rabbitco. Haaha.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
med

Post by med »

MichaelScott wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:06 am
I know. After living with one of Sharp Guy’s Para 3s for a couple of weeks I’ve grown more fond of the knife. I really like the Para Military 2 but when I had one it seemed too big (for me) to carry frequently. The Para 3 hits that sweet spot though and has most of the defining characteristics of the Para Military 2. However, I do like the longer blade on the Para Military 2, which is of course the reason it is bigger. So, looks like I am on the fence and will stay there for a while.
I actually prefer the Para 3 over the PM2 by quite a bit. Once the Para 3 came out the PM2 slowly started to seem like just an oversized tactical folder.
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

So do we know what steel this is yet?
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

med wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:50 pm
MichaelScott wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:06 am
I know. After living with one of Sharp Guy’s Para 3s for a couple of weeks I’ve grown more fond of the knife. I really like the Para Military 2 but when I had one it seemed too big (for me) to carry frequently. The Para 3 hits that sweet spot though and has most of the defining characteristics of the Para Military 2. However, I do like the longer blade on the Para Military 2, which is of course the reason it is bigger. So, looks like I am on the fence and will stay there for a while.
I actually prefer the Para 3 over the PM2 by quite a bit. Once the Para 3 came out the PM2 slowly started to seem like just an oversized tactical folder.
I don’t regard the Para Military 2 as a “tactical” knife. In my opinion a Ka-Bar or a dagger or a knife specifically designed as a fighting tool like the Yojimbo are actually tactical. Tactics are a set of actions, not material objects.

Anyway, difference of opinion. I have three knives with blades in the sub-3” range. If I decide to get a bigger knife the Para 3 would only be marginally bigger so the Para Military 2 would better fit that role for me.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Luke2236

Post by Luke2236 »

I’m not one for coated blades or the PM3 but I will be getting this one for sure.
Wanted: M4 PM 2 or manix M4.
Crux

Post by Crux »

I think this is a tease. There is no new Para 3 and never will be!
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
Luke2236

Post by Luke2236 »

It’s happening. I know a guy lol.
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Luke2236 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:08 am
Does this "guy" happen to know when it will drop? :)
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Spydersense wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:43 pm
Luke2236 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:08 am
Does this "guy" happen to know when it will drop? :)
Soon! Stay tuned! :)

And no, I'm not the "guy" they were referring to.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Luke2236

Post by Luke2236 »

All joking aside guys this para 3 run should be pretty sweet. I really think the steel choice will surprise some folks. Hopefully they will keep some for their brick and mortar stores so I can get one the day they drop since I have to work that day. I have no doubt this one will go fast.
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

Luke2236 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:48 am
All joking aside guys this para 3 run should be pretty sweet. I really think the steel choice will surprise some folks. Hopefully they will keep some for their brick and mortar stores so I can get one the day they drop since I have to work that day. I have no doubt this one will go fast.
How about you just tells us what steel it will be. :D
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Rutger wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:51 am
Luke2236 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:48 am
How about you just tells us what steel it will be. :D
Here here!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Luke2236

Post by Luke2236 »

As much as I would love to I really appreciate the guys at St.Nicks and I told them I wouldn’t tell.I do like building the hype up though :D I will get by there the day it drops and get some pictures though if y’all want me to.
rgrad80

Post by rgrad80 »

It would be cool if they allowed people who bought their Delica exclusive the opportunity to buy 1 of this exclusive before it goes live...like a “St. Nicks Spyderco exclusive loyalty program”. It’s a hoop dream, but it would give us a chance to get one before the clippers get to it.

I really like my St. Nicks Delica, I’m sure this next one will be cool too.
Days without buying a Spyderco: 35

You always have a choice.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

rgrad80 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:37 am
It would be cool if they allowed people who bought their Delica exclusive the opportunity to buy 1 of this exclusive before it goes live...like a “St. Nicks Spyderco exclusive loyalty program”. It’s a hoop dream, but it would give us a chance to get one before the clippers get to it.

As a buyer of two of those awesome Delicas I REALLY like this idea!! :D Regardless of the price, I am shocked that those are still in stock. People pay way more than that for the FRN Delica SuperBlue sprints now on the secondary market.
Foolish Mortal

Post by Foolish Mortal »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:56 pm
rgrad80 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:37 am

As a buyer of two of those awesome Delicas I REALLY like this idea!! :D Regardless of the price, I am shocked that those are still in stock. People pay way more than that for the FRN Delica SuperBlue sprints now on the secondary market.
The enthusiasts who will buy a Delica for 190 dollars have already bought one. The flippers aren't going to buy them unless it looks like it will be a knife that will sell at a good profit margin. What will they go for on the secondary market when sold out? "Sold out forever" will make them special, but until then, barring a price reduction, St. Nicks is looking at their money tied up in that knife as being money not working for them.

I'd mark down the price as much as I could without violating my agreement with Spyderco, trying to break even, and put that money back to work for me, if I were St. Nick. Or, if I wanted to play psychological games, I'd take all but around 30 "out of inventory" and watch those 30 fly off the shelves, wait for the secondary market to come into play, and then release another batch a few months down the road. Anything is better than inventory showing on a web page as not moving. It does nothing for demand.

They're a rarity, but people are short-sighted until they can't get them anymore, and then you'll see them on the secondary market for a good sum of money.