Show that pocket wear!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SG89

Show that pocket wear!

Post by SG89 »

:D
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
bearfacedkiller

Re: Show that pocket wear!

Post by bearfacedkiller »

A free gratuitous pic of my posterior too.

One downside to back pocket carry. It does apply a lot of pressure at the bottom of the pocket. I spent a lot of time driving a forklift at a previous job and spent a lot of time looking over my right shoulder and pivoting back and forth on that cheek so that probably speeds up the wear.

I have decided that for now on I am going to place and iron on repair patch on the inside of my back pocket when I buy new pants. It is cheap and easy and should put an end to this. I have worn a hole through dozens of pairs of work pants in this exact spot.

The second pic also shows one downside to my beloved tip up carry. The jimping on the thumb ramp can eat a pocket up. That Super Blue Delica annihilated that carpenter pocket. There is some wear in the seam of that front pocket in that pic too from a flashlight that for some reason is not in the pocket.

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:55 am
:D
Is that just floating? How attached? :)
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
SG89

Post by SG89 »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:28 am

Lol the jeans were on my dresser
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

This the only pocket I have a picture of. I have a few pairs of blue jeans and cargo shorts that are much worse.

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Similar thing happened to me
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

legOFwhat? wrote:
That is Spyderco's new magnetic carry option.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:38 am
legOFwhat? wrote:

Lol the jeans were on my dresser
Whew I was gonna call witchcraft! :p
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

abbazaba wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:42 am
Similar thing happened to me
This is how my pants look after a month or two. KW smooth G10 is helping haha
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
vivi

Post by vivi »

Carrying my Pacific Salts or decade old Police 3, I find neither wear my pockets. They're generally oclipped to a pocket on the side of my leg so I'm not putting pressure on them when I sit down.

Back when I carried FRP and tried out a lot of different folders I had this issue...particularly with Kershaws that used sandpaper for grips. Still have no idea why I was shortsighted enough to try those particular knives.

At one point I did back pocket carry like Darby, but that was the first time I had a knife open in my pocket (tip up para 2 with the clip setup for right hand carry).

Wherever I clipped my Millies I had a similar issue with the jimping catching on the draw. It's the main reason I modded one to tip up.
:unicorn
toxophilus

Post by toxophilus »

My Best Friend keeps telling me she's going to throw these pants away the next time I'm out hunting... :D

Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

My knives never seem to cause any pocket wear.

Maybe it's my pants, I only buy one style from one brand...
I'm the same with many other facets of my life.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I have very little pocket wear as well. I tend to carry down in a cargo pocket, which has very little tension as the knife slides in and out.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

My worst one right now is from a Surefire E1L. Worst pocket eater knife I ever had was a Benchmade 520 Presidio, with the aggressive anodized serrated aluminum scales. That thing ate the top off the pocket and wore a hole in the bottom. I no longer have the knife or the afflicted pants, they got put down due to field work.

attila

Post by attila »

Due to tight clips on my Dragonflies and new G10, I had to stop wearing these in public:

Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:51 pm
My worst one right now is from a Surefire E1L. Worst pocket eater knife I ever had was a Benchmade 520 Presidio, with the aggressive anodized serrated aluminum scales. That thing ate the top off the pocket and wore a hole in the bottom. I no longer have the knife or the afflicted pants, they got put down due to field work.

Which is funny because the scales weren't that grippy
Daveho

Post by Daveho »