Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
anycal

Re: Spyderco Photo of the Week Contest!

Post by anycal »

Not too many entries this week, but I did choose couple that appealed to me. Delica domination.

Attila's shot takes the win. In addition to the crisp pic, the knife mimicking the rebar, or vice versa, is art.

attila wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:22 pm

Runner up is the shot by brumledb. Little bit biased here, as this is my latest purchase, so I have the extra 'new' fondness for the G10 Delica. Great looking knife, great pic

brumledb wrote:Image
Peter
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I know for me, a big reason I have been posting less photos is because it has become such a pain finding a relatable site that will host my image while giving me access to the bbcode on my phone.

Anytime I post an image I have to try imgur, Flickr and photobucket just to see which will work that day.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Last edited by bearfacedkiller on Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:44 am
I know for me, a big reason I have been posting less photos is because it has become such a pain finding a relatable site that will host my image while giving me access to the bbcode on my phone.

Anytime I post an image I have to try imgur, Flickr and photobucket just to see which will work that day.
Hi liquid. Have tried tinypic already? :)
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

apollo wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:02 am
Liquid Cobra wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:44 am

Hi liquid. Have tried tinypic already? :)

Nope! Thanks I’ll look into it!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

I've had great success with Imgur on my phone just long pressing the photo to get the "share direct link" copied to my clipboard. You still need to add the IMG tags on this forum manually or via the Full Editor.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

This is only a test..

Last edited by Liquid Cobra on Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@liquid_cobra
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

abbazaba wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:34 pm
I've had great success with Imgur on my phone just long pressing the photo to get the "share direct link" copied to my clipboard. You still need to add the IMG tags on this forum manually or via the Full Editor.

Hmm...that worked pretty well, just like you described. I’ll do that from now on. Thanks abbazaba!

@liquid_cobra
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:25 pm
abbazaba wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:34 pm

Hmm...that worked pretty well, just like you described. I’ll do that from now on. Thanks abbazaba!
What kind of phone's are you guys using? I've been trying to do what you're doing with the Imgur app on my Samsung (Android) devices for months and it does not work. When I try to "share", copy link, etc and then add the IMG tags the image doesn't show. I have to open Imgure in my devices web browser (Chrome) and then copy and paste the BB code. That works fine and it's easy enough but it would be nice to use the app.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I have a Samsung galaxy 8 and use imgur through chrome. I didn't like the imgur app. I just copy pasta the bbcode link
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:24 pm
I have a Samsung galaxy 8 and use imgur through chrome. I didn't like the imgur app. I just copy pasta the bbcode link
Yeah, I'll continue to use Chrome too. I'm generally the tech guy at home and at work but I thought there might be something I was missing with the app.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Android here... The trick is not clicking the share button, and instead long pressing the photo and a menu pops up that says "share direct link". This way includes the necessary ".jpg", which I think is the only difference between it and using the Share button (which is the same link without the file extension at the end.
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Great shot, Spydersense!!
-Nick :bug-red
remnar

Post by remnar »

Spydersense wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:19 pm
Nice shot! It looks like your photo was taken with an old photo of Crater Lake in the background. :D
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

abbazaba wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:15 pm
Android here... The trick is not clicking the share button, and instead long pressing the photo and a menu pops up that says "share direct link". This way includes the necessary ".jpg", which I think is the only difference between it and using the Share button (which is the same link without the file extension at the end.
Thanks! I have it now. For some reason the long press wasn't working for me earlier. I still think it's a little faster to just open another browser tab, open imgur (I have a shortcut there in Chrome) and then copy the BB code. I'm glad I can finally do it both ways now though.

Definitely a nice shot Spydersense!!!
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Thanks guys! The weather was being very cooperative for photos.
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
pR13S7

Post by pR13S7 »

apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Those are some very nice pictures guys.
Wish i would live close to nature like that. All i got is little forrest the size of a football field and is has nothing spectacular about it. :(
attila

Post by attila »

anycal wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:49 am
Not too many entries this week, but I did choose couple that appealed to me. Delica domination.

Attila's shot takes the win. In addition to the crisp pic, the knife mimicking the rebar, or vice versa, is art.
Thanks Peter!!! I look forward to judging again.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5