CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Liquid Cobra

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Post by Liquid Cobra »

RickC27 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:13 pm
Liquid Cobra wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:06 pm
RickC27 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:32 am
So many different pics of this knife, it's really tough to gauge the color. Awaiting my Para 3! From those of you who have theirs already, do you think the burnt orange would look good with DLC and black hardware?

I’d say my shot above is pretty consistent with the actual color. It all depends on the white balance settings of the camera..
Great! Your pics are some of the ones I'm hoping it actually looks like. Good to hear!

Ok I take it back, the screen on my phone wasn’t bright enough. The photos above aren’t accurate. This one is though.

Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
husq2100

Post by husq2100 »

holeshot wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:40 am
MichaelScott wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:23 pm
I have to admit this is a great thread. The info on availability shooting back and forth, some people scoring, others missing out by a cranky password. I’m even checking SFO now and then and I certainly do not need one of these. Awesome knife though.

Good fortune to all the REX hunters!
I felt the same, so I decided to let my second one go to a fellow fourm member who resides down under. Didn't feel right to ask for more than I paid plus shipping. Needless to say he is a happy camper. :)
Youre a Legend Dan :cool:
Joey

Post by Joey »

Here is a couple of different shades for comparison. The dragonfly has what I consider to be a true safety orange/neon orange. The native seems to me to have a tad bit of pink or red added to it. This “burnt orange” looks exactly as it sounds. It seems to be closer to a rust or autumn orange (hence the pumpkin references). That’s the way I see it anyway, hope it helps!

Also, I’ve got a PM2 and a PM3 in this edition. I’m looking to trade the PM2 for either an M390 PM2 in blue, or cutlery shoppes Edition in XHP if anyone can meet up in Utah with one. May even trade the PM3 for a blue PM2 in M390. Both are brand new. I’m new to this forum, and don’t know exactly how to go about this.

Edit: now that the picture has been scaled down, I see I could’ve used more lighting. You should be able to pick out the differences still, but it’s hard between the Dragonfly and Native.
Attachments
E0C4CBDF-033F-4A82-A43D-B00A723656F9.jpeg
Joey

Post by Joey »

Here we go
Attachments
8246110E-37B8-4420-833D-1130E0383076.jpeg
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

Well, there was a box in the mailbox and sure enough inside is my Rex45 PM2. For one reason or other, this is one of my most anticipated acquisitions. It seems to be absolutely perfect. It will be a user. All my knives are and I enjoy rotating through them. It will replace my PM2 Cruwear that has been in my pocket and just got used to open the package! For a while, until I decide to park it and carry something else for a while.

I have to confess that I caved in and paid a bit extra to an Ebay seller (Sooner State Knives), but only $40 above expected retail. I don't have any bad feeling about this. Everything has gone wrong for me getting this through the usual channels. Among other things, I was out on a week long backpack last week when these first hit the usual sellers -- so I got and never saw until much too late various notifications of availability. For me this was important enough to get to make paying a bit extra well worth it. Sooner State seems like a fine seller too.

The game now will be to use it! Corrosion issues are minimal here in Southern Arizona. Seems plenty sharp out of the box.
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

Tucson Tom wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:51 pm
Well, there was a box in the mailbox and sure enough inside is my Rex45 PM2. For one reason or other, this is one of my most anticipated acquisitions. It seems to be absolutely perfect. It will be a user. All my knives are and I enjoy rotating through them. It will replace my PM2 Cruwear that has been in my pocket and just got used to open the package! For a while, until I decide to park it and carry something else for a while.

I have to confess that I caved in and paid a bit extra to an Ebay seller (Sooner State Knives), but only $40 above expected retail. I don't have any bad feeling about this. Everything has gone wrong for me getting this through the usual channels. Among other things, I was out on a week long backpack last week when these first hit the usual sellers -- so I got and never saw until much too late various notifications of availability. For me this was important enough to get to make paying a bit extra well worth it. Sooner State seems like a fine seller too.

The game now will be to use it! Corrosion issues are minimal here in Southern Arizona. Seems plenty sharp out of the box.
There will be more coming... this was just the first wave. More to come.
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

captnvegtble wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:43 pm
Tucson Tom wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:51 pm

There will be more coming... this was just the first wave. More to come.
It did seem like they didn't stay in stock long enough to be the whole run. I sure hope there are more
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

Though the Para 3 seems to be selling out rather quickly, these PM2's are gone before you can even enter your credit card info. Better hope your a member and not a guest at checkout, that additional minute or so is all it takes to miss out.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

No way to be sure but I suspect that they are just being trickled out. The fear of missing out however is a real powerful thing. I watched one go on BF for an $80 markup. Crazy to see one getting flipped like that before they even sell out.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
ibflyin

Post by ibflyin »

If anyone's still looking for one knives plus have a few in stock. They're not showing on their website but if you shoot them an email they'll sort you out! They've also got some para 3s abd militarys
biZ

Post by biZ »

In-stock at BladeHQ.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

I agree that Spyderco gave this PM2 some extra love. The grind has a higher polish (still satin) and the quality of the edge is above average for any new blade. My example is also functionaly perfect, and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna like the steel. Thank you Spyderco :)

restless ghost

Post by restless ghost »

biZ wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:43 pm
In-stock at BladeHQ.
Gone!
biZ

Post by biZ »

restless ghost wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:17 pm
biZ wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:43 pm
In-stock at BladeHQ.
Gone!
They were up for about 10+ minutes, perhaps even 20. I expect there to be a few more opportunities at other dealers in the coming days. I would keep an eye on KnifeWorks.
Spyder-fan

Post by Spyder-fan »

Guess BHQ wasn't sending email notifications for the knife. Was signed up but didn't receive one. :(
skybladefromthe

Post by skybladefromthe »

Spyder-fan wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:49 pm
Guess BHQ wasn't sending email notifications for the knife. Was signed up but didn't receive one. :(
I had the same thing happen. I emailed them and basically there was no information except no they couldn't make any promises.

Edit: I wanted to add that through luck they came through for me anyway.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Same here Tom. I had pre orders in at 3 places and e-mail me notes at 2 others and nothing yet. Not at all. I broke down and paid extra to make sure I got one. I have had bad luck in the past so I'll pay extra if needed. Pre orders are not guarantees now like they used to be.

Sooner state knives are good people. I bought a nice D2 queen from them a few months ago.

Joe
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

skybladefromthe wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:03 pm
Spyder-fan wrote:
I had the same thing happen. I emailed them and basically there was no information except no they couldn't make any promises.

That's awesome congrats
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

Mine just bit me. Man this thing is sharp.
skybladefromthe

Post by skybladefromthe »

koenigsegg wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:06 pm
skybladefromthe wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:03 pm
Spyder-fan wrote:

That's awesome congrats
Thanks! :)