C101PBN2 Manix 2 CTS XHP Brown FRCP Knife Center Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bearfacedkiller

Re: C101PBN2 Manix 2 CTS XHP Brown FRCP Knife Center Exclusive

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Too many! ;)

I really have a modest collection compared to many on here.

I have actually purged a bit lately. Got to thin the herd at some point! Trying to pick a few more for the chopping block too. I am trying to make myself sell a knife every time I buy one.
Last edited by bearfacedkiller on Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
attila

Post by attila »

Besides the DLT red g10 m390 PM2, this XHP Manix LW is one that I kick myself for for not getting when I had the chance. I would really really like a rerun of this and a run of Native 5 LW as well.

I'd buy one of these at a decent price on a heartbeat!
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
guywithopinion

Post by guywithopinion »

T_MAC686 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:49 pm
come on Knife Center- you obviously had no issues selling the first run!
From this thread it looks like they started shipping in October 2016. I bought mine in July 2017, and it wasn't the last one they had. They might not agree that that's no issue selling it.
anycal

Post by anycal »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:52 pm
This arrived today. Decided to give the M2 a third try and 3rd times a charm! The lock on this one is way easier for me to disengage than my previous manii and I love the color and CTS XHP. If you are considering a M2 lw and not sure about BD1 or 110v give this guy a try instead. Image

Well?

Peter
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I'm in!

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

anycal wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:11 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:52 pm
This arrived today. Decided to give the M2 a third try and 3rd times a charm! The lock on this one is way easier for me to disengage than my previous manii and I love the color and CTS XHP. If you are considering a M2 lw and not sure about BD1 or 110v give this guy a try instead. Image

Well?

I ended up selling mine lol
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
bearfacedkiller

Easy come, easy go. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

When I fish, I catch and release. Same with spydies. Good thing spyderco cranks new designs and variations out every. single. month. lol
Spydergirl88
bearfacedkiller

I am trying to set one free each time I catch a new one. Trying....

Kind of like a live well once you limit out. Every time you catch a keeper you throw the smallest one in the livewell back. :)
-Darby
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:21 pm
When I fish, I catch and release. Same with spydies. Good thing spyderco cranks new designs and variations out every. single. month. lol
Do you collect primarily for Instagram photos/likes? Not trying to call you out, but you've made it known your prefer smaller knives...but here and there you bust out some large folder for a few pics, then their gone in a blink of an eye. Just seems like a lot work, a never ending battle for noteriety.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:10 pm
The did a run of original natives in brown/xhp. Neither that one nor the Manix flew off the shelves but both sold out in a reasonable amount of time. I would buy a Native5LW in brown/xhp. Also, a rerun of brown/xhp Militarys but with the CQI would make me smile.

With you on the Military Darby, I missed that one unfortunately, still hoping to find one some day to add to the collection.

I have the xhp M2 LW NIB but have never used it for some reason, the LW's just never clicked for me, prefer the G10's/CF's.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

RickC27 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:32 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Do you collect primarily for Instagram photos/likes? Not trying to call you out, but you've made it known your prefer smaller knives...but here and there you bust out some large folder for a few pics, then their gone in a blink of an eye. Just seems like a lot work, a never ending battle for noteriety.
It actually does seem like you're trying to call her out Rick. Maybe she does do it for notoriety....who cares? She's not hurting anybody. To me it seems like a good way to try a lot of different models without having thousands of dollars tied up in a box full of knives. There are a lot of people in this hobby doing the exact same thing. A lot of them are doing it with way more expensive knives. Heck, I know people that do it with cars, guns, watches, etc. For some, the buying and selling is a fun part of the hobby.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
bearfacedkiller

Rick, at some point you either learn to catch and release or you end up with a footlocker full of knives that don’t get used. Some are collectors and want that, others are not and don’t.

Some people like to test drive a knife so they can experience the model and then pass it on to fund the next knife. It is actually very common in many hobbies. Otherwise you just spend all your time looking at pics online. That isn’t fun for some people.

I am sure some people do it to participate in a community. I would enjoy knives either way but I enjoy sharing it with the online community because it is a niche hobby and I have only had a few friends in real life who like them as much as I do. I have actually made some friends online through this hobby. It is quite an assumption to state that narcissism is the driving force behind sharing online.
-Darby
SG89

Post by SG89 »

RickC27 wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Well if you look at my follower count, it's obviously not for notoriety lol. Lots of other people on this forum with wayyy more followers than me. Care to call them out? Spyderco makes a ton of different knives. I like to buy them. I like to sell them. Question is: why do you care so much about what I do?
Spydergirl88
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:28 pm
I sold one and traded two... and bought two. Three went out and four came in... I'm not very good at this catch and release thing but I'm trying :D
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:11 am
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:28 pm
I sold one and traded two... and bought two. Three went out and four came in... I'm not very good at this catch and release thing but I'm trying :D

Yep, Ive bought and aold tons of knives. There are no dealers that I know of locally, so that is really my only way to try them. I have a stack of knives waiting to be sold now. I need to get on it!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

I mean to sell some but I keep finding something unique enough about each to talk myself out of it. Though I do plan to sell off most of my m4, k390, and 52100. Decided non stainless just isn't for me. Cruwear I'll make an exception for as it seems to handle sweat ok.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
Eli Chaps

Post by Eli Chaps »

RickC27 wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:

What was the point of this post? What value does it bring? Who cares what someone else does with their time and money or why? SG88 is an enthusiastic and helpful forum participant.
Eli Chaps

Post by Eli Chaps »

Anyway, I too wish I wouldn't have missed this one. A forum member offered me one but at the time I'd just committed my knife funds to another model and had to pass.
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

I guess that did come off a bit harsh and rude, for that I am sorry SG88. To me, it just seems like an incredible amount of work to cycle through so many knives so quickly. I'm currently selling 3 of mine on Ebay right now and it's quite a hassle. Between taking pics, writing your description, pricing fairly or to where you can hopefully at least get your money back, hoping someone is even interested in that particular model, if it's used, being as honest as possible so you don't get any complaints. I just can't imagine doing this on a weekly or monthly basis that's all. But hey, different strokes for different folks. Again, I'm sorry to have come off that way.