Adjust pined endura pivot

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bdcochran

Adjust pined endura pivot

Post by bdcochran »

I have a number of Enduras going back to the time of the First Gulf War. One knife is a bit difficult to open. For want of a better description, there are no screws to tighten or loosen. The pivot pin is pinned like the other pins. Is there a way of taking out the pined pivot, lubricating and reassembling. i don't think it is possible. I have tried cleaning with vinegar, running under hot water and opening and closing after doing lubrication without being able to open it up. Thank you in advance for your suggestions.
The Deacon

Re: Adjust pined endura pivot

Post by The Deacon »

If you're in the USA, sending it to Spyderco's Warranty & Repair department might be the best solution.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Bdcochran,

Welcome to our forum.

As suggested, sending it to Golden might be the best option based on what you've already tried. That's a really old knife and there are a number of possibilities.

sal
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Can pivot's of pinned knives be tightened? I have a pacific salt that is pretty loose so I don't really feel comfortable using it, too much side to side
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

koenigsegg wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:29 am
Can pivot's of pinned knives be tightened? I have a pacific salt that is pretty loose so I don't really feel comfortable using it, too much side to side
Yes they can, I would send it into Spyderco. I know knife makers have a tool for that. I've tightened a couple case knives with a punch and rubber dead blow.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!