CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
skybladefromthe

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Post by skybladefromthe »

The burnt orange color sure looks like the sky around here in central California. It's appropriately named too.
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Well I can't help if I'm lucky. I scored one from KP earlier and was on the reserved list at Rivers Edege Cuttlery and found out late yesterday my number for one came up and it was shipped out today. :)
"No matter where you go, there you are"
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Well I can't help if I'm lucky. I scored one from KP earlier and was on the reserved list at Rivers Edege Cuttlery and found out late yesterday my number for one came up and it was shipped out today. :)
Please delete one of these I have no idea how it happened, sorry.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

I have to admit this is a great thread. The info on availability shooting back and forth, some people scoring, others missing out by a cranky password. I’m even checking SFO now and then and I certainly do not need one of these. Awesome knife though.

Good fortune to all the REX hunters!
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

MichaelScott wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:23 pm
I have to admit this is a great thread. The info on availability shooting back and forth, some people scoring, others missing out by a cranky password. I’m even checking SFO now and then and I certainly do not need one of these. Awesome knife though.

I've thought the same thing this past week, and now with the Para 3 thread as well. Everyone looking out for one another, providing at least the opportunity for others to get one during that 3 minute span they become available. Excellent team work! Wish things could be like this with my actual colleagues haha.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Update: SOLD! I forgot that I don't live in AZ anymore. Far too humid here for this knife to stay in my pocket. The maintenance to keep that thing "nice" would have been a nightmare.

The steel was fantastic for the short time I used it. I wish it worked out better for me, the color of the scales certainly worked.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:43 pm
Update: SOLD! I forgot that I don't live in AZ anymore. Far too humid here for this knife to stay in my pocket. The maintenance to keep that thing "nice" would have been a nightmare.

The steel was fantastic for the short time I used it. I wish it worked out better for me, the color of the scales certainly worked.
Thanks for offering at a fair price
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

koenigsegg wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:46 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:43 pm

Thanks for offering at a fair price
Not a problem, I figured it would make somebody a great user.
I got home from work after seeing the staining, cleaned it, oiled it, packaged it up and listed it lol.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I can’t remember if I shared this or not but I managed to score one last week, even got it home to Canada. Beautiful knife. I like the dull (burnt) orange a lot. I do prefer the standard bright orange Spyderco uses but this is a nice change.

You can’t see in the photo below but mine appears to have a weird grind spot on the show side. I’ll try to get pics later. Anyone else experience this?

Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

MichaelScott wrote:

I felt the same, so I decided to let my second one go to a fellow fourm member who resides down under. Didn't feel right to ask for more than I paid plus shipping. Needless to say he is a happy camper. :)
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

holeshot wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:40 am
MichaelScott wrote:

I felt the same, so I decided to let my second one go to a fellow fourm member who resides down under. Didn't feel right to ask for more than I paid plus shipping. Needless to say he is a happy camper. :)
I bet he is!
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

So many different pics of this knife, it's really tough to gauge the color. Awaiting my Para 3! From those of you who have theirs already, do you think the burnt orange would look good with DLC and black hardware?
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

I don’t have one and am unlikely to, but no, I think the knife is perfect as is. Besides, I don’t like black blades. I like to see the steel.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
FK

Post by FK »

+1 agree, do not like black coated blades.
The steel is beautiful in natural state.

Regards,
FK
Member since Feb 17, 2001
moose1000

Post by moose1000 »

My wife saw the knife and said it the color looks like a pumpkin
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

I'm only asking because I just got the BHQ/DLC version of the Para 3 earlier this week. Thinking of swapping the scales because I love the look of that Cutlery Shoppe PM2 that came out a few years ago, was going to try to my own version of it. Then was thinking of RIT dying those natural scales red putting the Rex45 blade with those.
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

RickC27 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:32 am
So many different pics of this knife, it's really tough to gauge the color. Awaiting my Para 3! From those of you who have theirs already, do you think the burnt orange would look good with DLC and black hardware?
I absolutely think it would look fantastic with black blade /hardware! I'm going to be doing that to the Rex 45 para 3 or PM2 ...just haven't decided which one yet.

James
skybladefromthe

Post by skybladefromthe »

BHQ has the PARA 3s now!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

RickC27 wrote:

I’d say my shot above is pretty consistent with the actual color. It all depends on the white balance settings of the camera..
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:06 pm
RickC27 wrote:

I’d say my shot above is pretty consistent with the actual color. It all depends on the white balance settings of the camera..
Great! Your pics are some of the ones I'm hoping it actually looks like. Good to hear!