Burnt Orange Rex 45 para 3

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
koenigsegg

Re: Burnt Orange Rex 45 para 3

Post by koenigsegg »

I had a good experience when I sold on reddit, I don't have a paid BF account so I don't think I can post there. Sold one on ebay last year and barely made anything after all their fees.
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

I promised the wife I'd keep my collection at a dozen, and it's been steadily surpassing that of late. Time to ween out my lesser used, or never used knives that don't appeal to me as much these days...though I really don't want to, a promise is a promise and anyone that's married understands!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

RickC27 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:49 pm
TomAiello wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:38 pm
I keep missing this one. I got the 2, but I'd rather have the 3. If I can't get one, I may have to resort to post on BF looking for a trade...
Any idea what people have better luck with selling knives, BF or eBay?

I tried BF for awhile. You can get a good deal if you are constantly monitoring the sales forums but you have to be quick! I mean like respond the post "ill take it" within a few seconds of it being posted if it os a really good price on a desirable knife.

As for selling, the buyer tend to be more accustom to getting deals, so they expect a bargain. You can definitely get more on eBay by listing it Buy It Now with a desired price. After fees it evens out. eBay has seller protection as well, so that is nice, but Ive never had to use it on any of the knives Ive sold.

Bottom line, im back to selling on eBay exclusively. I use the global shipping program and probably half of my sales end up going overseas. I love that I can spread the gospel of Spydie all over the world to enthusiasts who wouldnt be able to get one outsode of ebay's global shipping program Especially exclusives where the dealer wont ship overseas. The global shipping program is free for the seller and easy as it just automatically routes your package to the global shipping center (mine is in KY).
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Crux

Post by Crux »

Dang, this knife is like a unicorn.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Yes. eBay is the place to sell for all of steelcity’s reasons. I’m not in the eBay selling business to make a profit. Sometime I do and it is modest. I have something that I no longer want, maybe a knife that I would like to move along to help fund another — usually the case for Spydies — and expect to maybe break even or be a bit low. The advantages are a huge market, including Global Shipping which takes the pain out of non-domestic Shipping brain damage, great support and seller protection. Take GOOD photos, lots of them. Highlight any irregularities, scratches, etc clearly so the buyer can’t complain she didn’t get what was advertised. Communicate quickly and regularly with your buyers.

I like eBay. I’ve not had an issue except for a CRKT from a Canadian shop. It is on its way back for a refund. And that’s the last CRKT I will buy.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

RickC27 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:49 pm
TomAiello wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:38 pm
I keep missing this one. I got the 2, but I'd rather have the 3. If I can't get one, I may have to resort to post on BF looking for a trade...
Any idea what people have better luck with selling knives, BF or eBay?
I don't really know. I wouldn't really be looking to sell--just to trade. So BF would make a lot more sense for me, because the average BF user is way more likely to have scored a P3 sprint.
Raymond3

Post by Raymond3 »

[/quote]

I don't really know. I wouldn't really be looking to sell--just to trade. So BF would make a lot more sense for me, because the average BF user is way more likely to have scored a P3 sprint.
[/quote]

Hi Tom, I think that we might make that trade you mentioned. I sent you an e-mail.

Ray
skybladefromthe

Post by skybladefromthe »

BHQ has them! Good luck!
skybladefromthe

Still there! 11:45 Pacific. Get one now!
ZeroRange

Post by ZeroRange »

skybladefromthe wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:45 pm
Still there! 11:45 Pacific. Get one now!
Got one! Yeah buddy high five!
skybladefromthe

Cool man stoked for you! I got a P2 the same way! Peace.
foofie

Post by foofie »

Just got one at BladeHQ. Left some for everyone else too ;)
skybladefromthe

Haha! They're hanging in stock. Been 12 minutes already.
mpcgimli

Post by mpcgimli »

Thanks! I think I got one
skybladefromthe

Right on!
biZ

Post by biZ »

Good looking out, skybladefromthe. Got it! Thanks.
skybladefromthe

biZ wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:01 pm
Good looking out, skybladefromthe. Got it! Thanks.
I'm happy to help! Thanks.
Still there 19 minutes and counting.
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

I already have one but it sure is nice that you're looking out for all of us, skyblade.
skybladefromthe

Lorelei wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:05 pm
I already have one but it sure is nice that you're looking out for all of us, skyblade.
Thanks. I felt the same way when someone helped me out a few days ago.
I would like everyone in this thread to have an opportunity to grab one. Enjoy the day!
Strider

Post by Strider »

havent been following this one. been hard to get? just check BHQ and it's there.