CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sharp Guy

Re: CPM Rex 45 Para 2 !!

Post by Sharp Guy »

husq2100 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:09 pm
Im thinking my pre order on 2nd July too late ....I ordered as soon as I found out. Very frustrating as being on the other side of the planet makes it hard enough. Thought I had my bases covered with the pre order AND multiple subscriptions/notifications to various stores but NOT one came through!
I wouldn't give up hope too soon. We have no way of knowing for sure but I don't think these are done being released. It seems like the dealers that did get them in stock sold out of them much faster than normal. Which means that this sprint run was hugely popular or the dealers only received a small initial shipment and there's more to come. It's probably a combination of both. Time will tell I guess.

I know it's hard to do (with your being in Australia) but keep vigilant for more of these to become available. Also, you never know, your pre-order may get filled yet. There were people who pre-ordered the Caly 3 sprint a few days into it and didn't think they'd get one, then they were surprised when their order was ultimately filled.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

Had knifecenter shipped anyone's preorders yet? In this or the Delica?
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

Wondering if the hype/demand for this in the Para 3 will be just as crazy!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Slumblor wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:46 pm
My PM2 REX has shipped from KC. I should have it Monday.

Ordered 5/30 around 10:00 pm CT
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:46 pm
Slumblor wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:46 pm
My PM2 REX has shipped from KC. I should have it Monday.

Ordered 5/30 around 10:00 pm CT
Nice! I just actually totally forgot I preordered this, I placed mine 06/01, think I'll ride it out and see what happens. Won't be too upset if it doesn't ship, but if it does that'd be cool.
Last edited by Slumblor on Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
husq2100

Post by husq2100 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:20 pm
husq2100 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:09 pm
Im thinking my pre order on 2nd July too late ....I ordered as soon as I found out. Very frustrating as being on the other side of the planet makes it hard enough. Thought I had my bases covered with the pre order AND multiple subscriptions/notifications to various stores but NOT one came through!
I wouldn't give up hope too soon. We have no way of knowing for sure but I don't think these are done being released. It seems like the dealers that did get them in stock sold out of them much faster than normal. Which means that this sprint run was hugely popular or the dealers only received a small initial shipment and there's more to come. It's probably a combination of both. Time will tell I guess.

I know it's hard to do (with your being in Australia) but keep vigilant for more of these to become available. Also, you never know, your pre-order may get filled yet. There were people who pre-ordered the Caly 3 sprint a few days into it and didn't think they'd get one, then they were surprised when their order was ultimately filled.
Since they started dropping I have had KP, DLT, NK, KW web pages open on the rex 45 PM2. Every time Im walk past I refresh all pages....any time of day. I was very close to getting a couple but a login/password web problem saw me miss out by a minute or so with SFO
SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

RickC27 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:52 pm
Yes! Very interested in if/how this steel forms a patina. Been worried everyone will baby this one, glad you're ready to put it to use. Please update in this thread!
I used my REX 45 PM2 to cut up fixins for fajitas last night. :D Chicken, onion, peppers, tomato. The knife took a little bit of a patina, but not much to be seen after a wash. Decided to go full monty, and did a mustard forced patina to finish the job. :cool: Was a little hard to capture on camera, but here's my best effort from a few different angles. Hope you like. Yes, she's a user... :spyder:
IMG_2809.jpg
IMG_2810.jpg
IMG_2811.jpg
"Engineers don't idle well."

Thank you to our Veterans!
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

SpyderPhreak wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:32 am
RickC27 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:52 pm
Yes! Very interested in if/how this steel forms a patina. Been worried everyone will baby this one, glad you're ready to put it to use. Please update in this thread!
I used my REX 45 PM2 to cut up fixins for fajitas last night. :D Chicken, onion, peppers, tomato. The knife took a little bit of a patina, but not much to be seen after a wash. Decided to go full monty, and did a mustard forced patina to finish the job. :cool: Was a little hard to capture on camera, but here's my best effort from a few different angles. Hope you like. Yes, she's a user... :spyder:

IMG_2809.jpg

IMG_2810.jpg

IMG_2811.jpg
I used mine last night to cut up watermelon, then garlic and onions for a sauce, limes for my drink and finally to cut the steak.
I can't tell if it has patina or not, if so, it's very faint.

I'll keep on truckin', it'll get there.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Oops.

Please delete.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

Looks good! Doesn't seem to take a patina extremely easy.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

It has begun!

-Thomas Jefferson
Mstach07

Post by Mstach07 »

I really like how these patinas are forming. Keep 'em coming.
Rhix

Post by Rhix »

There’s one on eBay that I had been eyeing for $249, and it just dropped to $189 in case somebody wants one now. I just couldn’t do it, no matter how I tried to rationalize it, but $189 is more palatable. Same price as the St Nick Delica if that helps on the decision.
:spyder:
Robert
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

Rhix wrote: There’s one on eBay that I had been eyeing for $249, and it just dropped to $189 in case somebody wants one now. I just couldn’t do it, no matter how I tried to rationalize it, but $189 is more palatable. Same price as the St Nick Delica if that helps on the decision.
Yes I saw that one as well but the seller wouldn't reply to me several times to verify they were authentic. I'll still wait until on becomes available for a reputable seller.
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

You guys just have to be patient! Are you going to die without this knife?? Why spend $60+ more for a knife that was just released a couple days ago. There will be more! The panic set in on this knife makes me want to shake some sense into some of you 😡
Rhix

Post by Rhix »

RickC27 wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:45 pm
You guys just have to be patient! Are you going to die without this knife?? Why spend $60+ more for a knife that was just released a couple days ago. There will be more! The panic set in on this knife makes me want to shake some sense into some of you 😡
I’m not sure if your comment was a reply to my post, but I was just sharing that I saw it in case someone else was interested. Just a friendly heads up.
:spyder:
Robert
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

Rhix wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:21 pm
RickC27 wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:45 pm
I’m not sure if your comment was a reply to my post, but I was just sharing that I saw it in case someone else was interested. Just a friendly heads up.
Yes it was. I just don't like seeing people over spend on knives to those greedy sellers on eBay! I get it, you were looking out for anyone that was interested...but at that steep of inflation after just a couple days, I think everyone should remain patient unless there's word that will be the only batch released. Sorry to come off as a 🐓!
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

This spyderco PM2 is definitely the sharpest production blade I've ever seen....hair whittling sharp straight out of the box. Good looking knife...

James
Attachments
2018-08-05 20.10.53.jpg
fatsubie

Post by fatsubie »

Rhix wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:36 pm
There’s one on eBay that I had been eyeing for $249, and it just dropped to $189 in case somebody wants one now. I just couldn’t do it, no matter how I tried to rationalize it, but $189 is more palatable. Same price as the St Nick Delica if that helps on the decision.
Indeed, It’s reasonable price, considering eBay seller pay 10%+ fee.
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

If it's lower than BBS it's fair but that doesn't mean it's worth it if you're willing to wait for another wave. Maxamet pm2 came in a few waves as well
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut