If you could pick one discontinued knife to turn into a sprint..

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Naperville

Re: If you could pick one discontinued knife to turn into a sprint..

Post by Naperville »

Spyderco Street Beat Lightweight in M390.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
supracor

Post by supracor »

Zdp Police 3
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

A CQI’d Impala, with compression lock, ambi clip carry, and K390 steel. :)
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Still want an original slab sided thick bladed lockback Manix but in 3V or Cruwear or maybe 4V. Yes it would be expensive. The new generations are more efficient and better engineered and I'd take one without complaint in these steels but I can dream about what I want to dream about. :)

joe
attila

Post by attila »

Swick and Caspian would be nice in LC200N
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

The Mastiff wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:52 am
Still want an original slab sided thick bladed lockback Manix but in 3V or Cruwear or maybe 4V. Yes it would be expensive. The new generations are more efficient and better engineered and I'd take one without complaint in these steels but I can dream about what I want to dream about. :)

joe
..Are you talking about the C95 Manix with the "dino jimping"? Because thats what I want as well and in either of those three steels. But like you aaid, Id take a new Manix XL or Manix Backlock if a C95 Sprint wasnt an option.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

.Are you talking about the C95 Manix with the "dino jimping"? Because thats what I want as well and in either of those three steels. But like you aaid, Id take a new Manix XL or Manix Backlock if a C95 Sprint wasnt an option.
Yessir. I love that old beast. People complained about the play ( up and down) of the blade when locked open in that design ( and the Chinook) but it didn't bother me. On mine I could feel it but it was so small I couldn't actually see it moving. It had a lot of steel that could be removed to save weight also which they did in the newer designs but I really liked that knife. I admit that I would belt pouch carry it though.

The newer style back locks like the Chapparal are finer designs to be sure. A lot of good engineering went into them and I like them. In the case of the original Manix and Chinook I can see the improvements made since then but I still like that old one. All that needless weight made me feel all secure. :)

The Tuff is a fantastic knife and I like mine but I much prefer EDC'ing a lockback. I have had a lot of liner locks and frame locks and have never really become all that fond of the design. About the only ones I still use are Millies and G.Brady in M4 but even then a lockback design with the same steel and performance would get much more pocket time with me.

Joe
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

C54 Calypso in any of the variations that we have seen the Caly3 in.

Same goes for the Caly3.5. I would love to see one in SS/CF/Damascus as well as one in green g10/HAP40.

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
attila

Post by attila »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:54 am
C54 Calypso in any of the variations that we have seen the Caly3 in.

Same goes for the Caly3.5.

^This, and some stainless (SRS-15, unlaminated Super Gold, etc.) would be awesome in the entire Calypso family.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Definitely the Spyderco Caspian Salt. Either exactly as before, or, in Lc200N stainless steel.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:04 pm
Definitely the Spyderco Caspian Salt. Either exactly as before, or, in Lc200N stainless steel.

Yeah, that is a cool one. Another H1 run would be fine. Id like to see another run of the H1 Warrier as well. H1 is such a great steel in SE. Cant get enough of it.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
jezabel

Post by jezabel »

I’d love to see the mini Persian given the same treatment as the Kiwi & Kopa series.

j
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Calypso, Micarta handles, steel all but irrelevant :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

C54 Calypso - M390 (or one of its US counterparts), carbon fiber scales, wire clip to match the Caly 3 and 3.5.
Bladewacked

Post by Bladewacked »

I think I would like to see a sprint of the Tuff, Bradley Air, or the Dodo. 3 of my favorites
JimP

Post by JimP »

A Ti PPT with lock bar insert and XHP blade :cool:
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Gayle Bradley 1 in 3V, 4V, or Cruwear.
toxophilus

Post by toxophilus »

CQI'd Junior; bronze washers, pakkawood scales, blackened deep carry clip, HAP-40/Supeblue/ZDP-189 or some other upgraded steel :spyder:
ssunfish

Post by ssunfish »

I would SO love my Harpy back in Carbon Fiber!!!!. There never was another like it and I cannot find a replacement! It was unlike any other knife and gave me a lot of enjoyment and pleasure. Its worth $400 to me
vivi

Post by vivi »

Taking back my previous answer to say I'd like a fully serrated H1 catcherman, black handle / black blade.
:unicorn