Knife to raise support for cancer in men?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
knivesandbooks

Re: Knife to raise support for cancer in men?

Post by knivesandbooks »

I like the native lightweight idea or a manix lightweight. I think it should be affordable and US made. Even a UKPK.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

I vote for any affordable model that is legal for the majority of our members, if not for all. Powder blue, definitely.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Okan_7

Post by Okan_7 »

I would definitely buy a Native 5 LW or UKPK in powder blue, I think this is a great idea Doc
Previously OkanSeven

17 :spyder: and growing!!
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

This is a great idea! Any opportunity to promote awareness is a good thing. My brother is currently battling colon cancer.
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
bpahk

Post by bpahk »

This is a great idea. It would probably become my standard gift to non knife afis, currently a df2
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

I agree a dragonfly would be great
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

A Dragonfly would be a nice one, as well. I just hope this happens at some point.

I have had 3 friends that I grew up with die from some form of cancer or another. My wife's parents both died of cancer. This is a disease we need to beat.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

As a cancer survivor, I’m always interested in supporting the fight.
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

Lost my dad a little over a year ago, we was 67.
DrawBackwards

Post by DrawBackwards »

I'm in. Our primary care doc spotted my melanoma at an appointment for my wife. Early thirties, two young children, and she thought it was already too late. I was fortunate, and the younger of those two is graduating from high school next week - and I'm still here to see it. So, yeah: no-brainer. ;)

I like the blue color; also, I like the idea of something that works for more locales' legal restrictions than not. Native would be my top pick - oh, you don't suppose we could leverage this into getting the native LW in cruwear we've all been hoping for, do you? That would have to be something people would pick up...
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

As a doctor and scientist that studies the devastating effects of both cancer and subsequent radiotherapy-related side effects in surrounding normal tissues, I am 110% supportive of this cause. As one of the main N5 crew members around here, I would love to see either a N5 or Urban in that lovely shade of blue and will likely buy quite a few as gifts to my colleagues.

Good form Doc Dan, great idea! Michael, I truly wish you well and am glad you found the CU group, I know a few of those folks.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

I think this is a great idea. Spyderco needs a powder blue line to complement their pink.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

This is a great idea. I like the idea of Powder Blue color for the handle scales, like Michael suggested.

I have lost people to cancer, it is very tragic and sad and painful.

I want all of you on the forum here who have had to experience cancer and who have lost friends and family to it to know that I care for you and have compassion for you.

Doc, you have some really excellent ideas my friend! Thank you!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Hey "Doc Dan" I really appreciate you putting this thread up. It's something that deserves awareness because I've noticed in the past 8 to 10 years there has been a literal explosion of different cancers in men. Albeit I've got a lot of women friends who've been hit with it too but the men being victims in recent times has just been off the charts>> at least here where I'm living.

Now I'm in no way trying to make little of what the women are going through at all but here locally in the oncologist offices there has been a big increase of guys battling certain cancers like I've not ever remembered in the past.

There also seems like an increase in "auto-immune" diseases increasing as well. I'm hoping that they will find a GOLDEN made model(s) that will be good for awareness.