Is there an issue with new Cruwear models?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
twinboysdad

Is there an issue with new Cruwear models?

Post by twinboysdad »

Everyone loves it, everyone wants more, yet it seems to have stalled. Sal discussed Native 5 LW, but let the Cruwear runneth deep! Dodo, Manix 2 LW, re run the Millie? Little Big Knives?
blueblur

Re: Is there an issue with new Cruwear models?

Post by blueblur »

I would love to see more knives in cruwear. I like experimenting with 52100 right now but my go to blade is my KC Manix in cruwear. Just an awesome pocket knife steel. Bring on more cruwear!
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

They know their business better than I do but I know I'd be buying more Cruwear knives if they were released. Time for a lockback. I understand the issue with Enduras and Stretches but perhaps the Manix back lock wouldn't be out of the question?

Every release has sold out pretty quickly. I'd think it's one of the safer bets for Spyderco.

Joe
elena86

Post by elena86 »

A Cruwear Millie with peel-ply CF handle would be a dream.
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

It seems like a matter of being over shadowed by similar but perhaps better steel options. The same can be said for a few different steels in the last 5 years.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

I’m in for a CQI rerelease of the Military and a Manix 2 Lightweight!
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

Evil D wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:40 am
It seems like a matter of being over shadowed by similar but perhaps better steel options. The same can be said for a few different steels in the last 5 years.
Maybe so, there are a bunch of steels that seem to do well, but as a business decision, Cruwear does seem to sell very well, so that alone is a major factor. I also think that whatever hype goes with the latest and "best" ever super steel, Cruwear still is one of the best balanced (functional attributes) steel available and affordable. So, yes please, more Cruwear!
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

Still hoping for some Cruwear and FRN/FRCP knives! :D
kadinh

Post by kadinh »

What is the big deal with cruwear? From what i understand, its 3v with more wear resistance. Is that true? I’m a fan of 3v but is there anything else about it that makes people go crazy for it? #outoftheloop
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I wish I never would of sold my Cruwear Military. I had the Para 3 too, but Cruwear really shines in the Military on a larger platform.
Josh
npad69

Post by npad69 »

kadinh wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:22 pm
What is the big deal with cruwear? From what i understand, its 3v with more wear resistance. Is that true? I’m a fan of 3v but is there anything else about it that makes people go crazy for it? #outoftheloop
what i like about cruwear is that it is more corrosion-resistant than other tool steels and probably some stainless steels that i have used. putting an atom-splitting edge to it is also a no-brainer
kadinh

Post by kadinh »

npad69 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:47 pm
what i like about cruwear is that it is more corrosion-resistant than other tool steels and probably some stainless steels that i have used. putting an atom-splitting edge to it is also a no-brainer
that makes sense. it looks like its a popular choice and i figured it wasn't by accident or coincidence.
JimP

Post by JimP »

And for the Seinfeld fans....

..please, carry on....
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Yes more CruWear please
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Still waiting for a Native in Cruwear. Fully lined g10 model with cruwear would be my ultimate edc. Please somebody make this!

But yes, need all of the Golden models in cruwear. New sprints and exclusives.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

All of the Cruwear offerings have been sprints I believe. But I assume a dealer can comission a Cruwear knife as long as its not the same Gray G10 as the sprint, right? Seems like a no-brainer to me. I would think pretty much any Cruwear model would be a single day sell out. Especially if they hype ot the way BHQ does for their releases. I REALLY hope some dealer starts a "family" of Cruwear exclusives like BHQ has done with with Jade/M4. Maybe some new G10 color like a transluscent forest green or something. Or transluscent smoke.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:27 pm
All of the Cruwear offerings have been sprints I believe.
Not too long ago KC did a exclusive Manix 2 with Cruwear and CF scales.

I'd be up for a Cruwear Native 5 LW or linerless G10. I certainly don't mind grey but I seem to have an abundance of it all of a sudden. So I would mind seeing something different.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!