What do you want to see more of from Spyderco?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
curlyhairedboy

Re: What do you want to see more of from Spyderco?

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Shaman sprints!

I'm in LOVE with my m4 DLC PM2. REALLY eager to buy a DLC m4 Shaman...

Seconding the catcherman!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

More CTS-XHP and less CPM-S30V.
More clip designs, to suit the handle better, some clips just don't work.
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
napalmfriday

Post by napalmfriday »

Evil D wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:07 am
I'd like to see more Sharpmaker rod grits. I'd also like to see another Fold-A-Vee type portable sharpener, something closer to the Sharpmaker than a bench stone (meaning something with set angles) and highly portable, with course and fine grits and especially capable of sharpening serrations in the field.

I'd also like to see a larger ~3.75 inch version of the Lil Temp but made in Golden or Taichung in M4/Cruwear/Maxamet. Sprints of the Sliverax and Shaman would be nice too.
Yes to all of this!! :)
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

Vivi wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:54 am
... & steels that sharpen quickly...
Yes to this as well. I believe Sal said something about using CTS BD1N, which seems real nice. I wouldn't mind some AEBL/Nitro V.
anycal

Post by anycal »

Two things I was going to mention (already noted), wire clip and no finger choil knives the size of PM2.

Which got me thinking about Sliverax. This knife has both. Not sure why I can't bring myself to pull the trigger. I know what would make the decision a lot easier. ahem... sprint... ahem
Peter
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I'd like to see more K390.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

anycal wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:47 am
Two things I was going to mention (already noted), wire clip and no finger choil knives the size of PM2.

Which got me thinking about Sliverax. This knife has both. Not sure why I can't bring myself to pull the trigger. I know what would make the decision a lot easier. ahem... sprint... ahem

To be completely honest there is no steel available I would choose in a Para 2 over the plain Jane S30V Sliverax. Just saying. I want a different steel too but the knife is so good otherwise (and for me so much better than the P2).
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
vivi

Post by vivi »

I like the suggestion for different grits of diamond rods for the sharpmaker.
Eli Chaps wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:08 am

More knives with less choils.
I like this one. Like the Chinook 4 dropping its choil, or the Tenacious and Resilience being designed without them from the ground up. Pretty much any Spyderco folder I own would be better IMO with more cutting edge and no choil.
:unicorn
elena86

Post by elena86 »

I’d like to see more from the Calypso familly. Now that it’s resurected, keep the Calypso Jr alive. More Calypso Jr sprints in stainless steels. It’s a timeless model, one of Sal’s most inspired designs IMO.
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
thewoodpecker

Post by thewoodpecker »

Eli Chaps wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:08 am
More wire clips. Don't have to be deep carry, any flavor will do, just more wire clips.

More CBBL designs.

More speed on the Alistair Phillips Redback release. :)

+1 to all the above. Especially the last one!

elena86 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:48 am
I’d like to see more from the Calypso familly. Now that it’s resurected, keep the Calypso Jr alive. More Calypso Jr sprints in stainless steels. It’s a timeless model, one of Sal’s most inspired designs IMO.

YES!!! I'd love to see a revamp of the Calypso/Calypso Jr. with minor CQI: Torx Construction, Tip-up wire clip/re-positioned lanyard hole, and jimping on the thumb ramp.
Spyderco Caly 3.5 Super Blue user, Astute enthusiast, and geometry advocate.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

3.25"ish blade slimmer knives, something along the lines of a RIL stainless frame (a la Foundry) Des Horn.

Stainless framed RIL, we can haz moar?

RED G10
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

I'd love (even though Spyderco has all my knife money as of today's purchases... :p )

- More FRN, linerless lightweight knives
- More nitrogen steels (LC200N, BD1N, etc.) used on current and new models
- related to the previous one, more models receiving the "Salt" treatment (Matriarch, PM2, and many others) :cool:

as for those of you wanting a coarser/more aggressive rod for SM and reprofiling, Sal has posted on Bladeforums this week about considering a newer diamond rod fand improving on the sharpmaker, his posts sounded like he's taking in ideas and thoughts for a new design :rolleyes:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/sharpmaker.1565453/
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

More Urban sprints ...
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

More sharpmaker diamond rods in additional grits. A 200, 800 and 1200 set sounds great.

More Police4s. Bring on the frn Police4 and put it in the sprint lineup with the rest of the Seki knives. I am usually in for a Stretch and a Delica when the sprints drop and would totally be in for a Police4 too.

More Cruwear. The Shaman, ManixXL and Manix Backlock would all be great platforms for Cruwear.

More Militaries. Maxamet, K390, 10V, Elmax, LC200N.

More Moki green G10/HAP40. A Kiwi4 and Caly3.5 to go with the Caly3.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I'd like to see some nice 4" flippers with cts 204p and the like
Also more big thick fixed blades with the nicer steels, especially 4V and 3V.
Also, more 4+" folders either robust or slim with the nice steels.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:30 am
More Urban sprints ...
Wise words !
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
PStone

Post by PStone »

How about some giveaway contests on the forum here? That’d be awesome to see more of, and might get some other lurkers like me more involved.

As far as product goes, I’d like to see varying grits of cbn and/or diamond rods for the Sharpmaker. Something finer.
vivi

Post by vivi »

I forgot one. More carbon steel fixed blades. It's easier to find carbon steel Spyderco folders than fixed blades, which is the opposite of my purchasing habits. I opt for stainless / stainproof folders, and carbon fixed blades, typically.
ThePeacent wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:21 am
I'd love (even though Spyderco has all my knife money as of today's purchases... :p )

as for those of you wanting a coarser/more aggressive rod for SM and reprofiling, Sal has posted on Bladeforums this week about considering a newer diamond rod fand improving on the sharpmaker, his posts sounded like he's taking in ideas and thoughts for a new design :rolleyes:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/sharpmaker.1565453/
Sounds like it might be worth starting an updated sharpmaker thread.
:unicorn
krikun98

Post by krikun98 »

Big knives in interesting steels!
Maxamet Manix 2 XL!
HAP40 Calypso!
Large Caribbeans!
That Native Chief thing!
K390 Pattada!
dplafoll

Post by dplafoll »

Evil D wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:58 am
anycal wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:47 am

To be completely honest there is no steel available I would choose in a Para 2 over the plain Jane S30V Sliverax. Just saying. I want a different steel too but the knife is so good otherwise (and for me so much better than the P2).
This, right here. I love my Para 2, but if someone was forcing me to trim down the collection and I had to keep one of my bigger (longer than 3 inches) knives, the Sliverax wins over my Para 2 and my Endura. It wins over the Nirvana as well, though that one is harder to let go of in comparison for form instead of function.
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2