DLC Ronin 2 & Yojimbo 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
vivi

DLC Ronin 2 & Yojimbo 2

Post by vivi »

I would like to see a DLC Ronin 2.

I know some members have expressed interest in a DLC Yojimbo with the standard black handles.

Who is interested?
:unicorn
ekimox

Re: DLC Ronin 2 & Yojimbo 2

Post by ekimox »

I've been asking for a standard production YJ2 with black sclaes and DLC for a while now. For a legitimate tactical blade it just makes sense.

I would buy one as soon as it became available. I would have bought the coyote Brown/dlc exclusive but it wasn't worth the risk ordering one from Canada.
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

I'd like a Ronin 2 with a steel upgrade. DLC sounds good, but either way, something better than BD1. Cruwear or PD1, 4V or M4 even.
vivi

Post by vivi »

dogrunner wrote:I'd like a Ronin 2 with a steel upgrade. DLC sounds good, but either way, something better than BD1. Cruwear or PD1, 4V or M4 even.
I think a DLC tool steel run would be very nice. Something with a lot of strength for the narrow tip. I'd be very happy with a DLC BD1 run, however.
:unicorn
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

Vivi wrote:
dogrunner wrote:I'd like a Ronin 2 with a steel upgrade. DLC sounds good, but either way, something better than BD1. Cruwear or PD1, 4V or M4 even.
I think a DLC tool steel run would be very nice. Something with a lot of strength for the narrow tip. I'd be very happy with a DLC BD1 run, however.
That's what I was thinking too. The blade design is great and is the sort that really benefits from the toughness of one of these steels, especially the tip. I have two Yo2s already, both in S90V (1 DLC, which "feels" like it slides through material smoother, but that could be my imagination). So I am all for more variants of either. I would especially like more Ronin2 variants, though.