spyderco sure is sucking

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TomAiello

Re: spyderco sure is sucking

Post by TomAiello »

Honestly, I've seen plenty of Pit bulls that were very friendly. I think people train them to be mean because people buy Pit bulls based on the stereotypes, because they _want_ a mean dog.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

TomAiello wrote:Honestly, I've seen plenty of Pit bulls that were very friendly. I think people train them to be mean because people buy Pit bulls based on the stereotypes, because they _want_ a mean dog.
It's partly that and partly inbreeding and being mistreated. What never changes though is the ability those dogs have to F stuff up. I've been around a lot of dogs from Shepherds to Great Danes to Chows to Chihuahuas but nothing bites quite like a Pitt.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Well done David! She looks like a sweet little dog. Good for you for feeding her.

I'm a dog lover too but haven't had a dog since my divorce a few years ago. We'd like to get one but it would be difficult with our work schedules. Maybe in a few months after my GF retires from her current profession and starts working part-time.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

Wouldn't hurt a toad...
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
-Brian

Son's Collection: H1 Rescue Manbug, Tenacious

Rescue 79mm Orange, Cat BD-1, Effecient, Pingo Orange FRN, T-Mag, Urban K390, Lil' Native, Sliverax, Para 3 S110V, Caly 3 HAP 40, R Nishijin, Mantra, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 Black, Delica 4 Black, PM2 Digi, PM2 Black, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 LW, Dragonfly 2, Military 204P, Wolfspyder, Techno, HAP 40 Ladybug, H1 Hawkbill Ladybug, Blue Persistence, Bradley 2, UKPK SE Gin-1

Looking for an Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Native. :spyder:
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I have a soft spot for strays myself. I've never intentionally gone looking for a pet, but a few of them have found me. My cat wandered into my house through an open door one dark October night nine years ago along with several of his brothers and sisters. They were just kittens, someone had abandoned them in my neighborhood and I knew they wouldn't have survived the night outside (there was a large coyote population where I used to live), so I took them all in and fed them.

Unlike the other kitties who all went straight for the food, my cat went to me instead and started rubbing his face on my leg and purring. He chose me over food, that was that. I found homes for his brothers and sisters and he's been with me ever since.

Anybody who would give half their lunch to a stray dog is alright by me. Thanks for sharing D. A bright spot in a bad thread that refuses to die.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

Evil D wrote:Well this thread is bumming me out so it's about that time.

I made a friend today.
David,
This is great. Karma is always a great thing to have on your side. Thanks for adding more positive vibes into this thread!
gingerninja

Post by gingerninja »

Nice work evil d. Keep it up and you will have to change your name to big ol softie d
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

David,
Nicely done. I hope you are able to find her again. Perhaps there's a rescue in your area that could take her (and her pups) in?

As for Carbon85... a little timeout is in order.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Stuman

Post by Stuman »

TomAiello wrote:Honestly, I've seen plenty of Pit bulls that were very friendly. I think people train them to be mean because people buy Pit bulls based on the stereotypes, because they _want_ a mean dog.
I completely agree it’s not the dogs fault as it’s the way they have be taught or treated but because our government in the U.K. are pack of stuck up toffs they see a Pit bull as a threat so any that are found are euthanised and are ripped away from there owners over here and put down. We have what is called the Dangerous Dogs Act and there are banned dogs such as the American Pit Bull and some Japanese fighting dogs but there is also a dangerous dogs Act bill with a list of dangerous dogs that are allowed but only if there insured but they won’t put the pit bull on that list and there has been **** on about it over here and rightly so.
Last edited by Stuman on Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liberty and the pursuit of happiness is everyone’s god given right :)
Stuman

Post by Stuman »

I hate the Conservative party and I didn’t vote for those stuck up toffs in the U.K.
Liberty and the pursuit of happiness is everyone’s god given right :)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

TazKristi wrote:David,
Nicely done. I hope you are able to find her again. Perhaps there's a rescue in your area that could take her (and her pups) in?

As for Carbon85... a little timeout is in order.

Kristi
I'll have to look into it. I'm not sure if we have any no-kill shelters around here. :(
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

fanglekai wrote:
SF Native wrote:Pretty sure kristi is going to give you a time out in about three, two,...

And for the record, I buy spyderco because of the rhino. It’s a model no other maker would bring to the market and sal has the cajones to drop a whole shipment instead of releasing them when they didn’t meet his standard. That’s not screwing the pooch, it’s credibilty.
Cojones is what you meant. Cajones is drawers.
:D as a Spaniard I always laugh when I see this on forums,
and I've seen it three times today on three different ones :o
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

One of the best ideas to come out of this thread is the design for a new Spyderco Knife called the 'TANTRUM'. It is mythical knife that shows up in the catalog but never gets manufactured. It is so amazing that everyone wants one but somehow the release date always gets pushed back to the next year for various reasons. Tooling, CQI, Lost at Sea, etc. This knife will go down in history as the stuff of legend. :)
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
ronT2

Post by ronT2 »

Hopweaver wrote:One of the best ideas to come out of this thread is the design for a new Spyderco Knife called the 'TANTRUM'. It is mythical knife that shows up in the catalog but never gets manufactured. It is so amazing that everyone wants one but somehow the release date always gets pushed back to the next year for various reasons. Tooling, CQI, Lost at Sea, etc. This knife will go down in history as the stuff of legend. :)
Now that's the best yet....lmao!!!
My EDC rotation: Kapara, Chaparral CF, Mantra, Sage 1, Sage 5, Dice, Domino, Gayle Bradley 2, PakkaDelica, Native CFF
ucfgrad93

Post by ucfgrad93 »

Carbon85 wrote:honestly the delay of the para3 sprint in CF has made me lose complete interest in the company

terrible, absolutely terrible way its been handled...
When was it supposed to come out. I've seen this, and have been thinking about doing a pre-order. Now I'm not so sure.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

There are a dozen Spyderco knives that were New in the Spyderco 2017 Annual and Mid-Year Product Guides that have yet to be released. They may be "late" but I have not heard of any that have been cancelled.
  1. Para3 CPM-S90V Textured CF Sprint (USA)
  2. Para3 Maxamet Dark Gray G-10 (USA)
  3. A.T.R.2 CPM-S30V Black G-10 (Japan)
  4. Caribbean Salt LC200N Leaf PlainEdge Black/Yellow G-10 (Taiwan)
  5. Caribbean Salt LC200N Leaf SpyderEdge Black/Yellow G-10 (Taiwan)
  6. Caribbean Salt LC200N Sheepsfoot PlainEdge Black/Yellow G-10 (Taiwan)
  7. Caribbean Salt LC200N Sheepsfoot SpyderEdge Black/Yellow G-10 (Taiwan)
  8. Hanan CPM-S30V Polished G-10 Titanium Bolsters (Taiwan)
  9. Rhino CTS-XHP Peel Ply CF/G-10 Laminate (Taiwan)
  10. SpyderThrowers Large 8Cr13MoV (China)
  11. SpyderThrowers Medium 8Cr13MoV (China)
  12. SpyderThrowers Small 8Cr13MoV (China)
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I always say if you want it to rain, wash your car. A watched pot never boils. Smoked pot never... what was I saying?
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Nate

Post by Nate »

One for page 5, Mr. Tom Petty, RIP :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMyCa35_mOg
:spyder:
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

ucfgrad93 wrote:
Carbon85 wrote:honestly the delay of the para3 sprint in CF has made me lose complete interest in the company

terrible, absolutely terrible way its been handled...
When was it supposed to come out. I've seen this, and have been thinking about doing a pre-order. Now I'm not so sure.

ucfgrad93 = Carbon85?
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
ucfgrad93

Post by ucfgrad93 »

RamZar wrote:ucfgrad93 = Carbon85?
No, just someone who is asking an honest question. I'm interested in that, but just wondering when it was announced.