Pingo closing

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
PStone

Pingo closing

Post by PStone »

Just wanting feedback on how your Pingo closes. I picked one up because of the super low price right now. And I absolutely love it. I know it’s a two hander, but man, I really gotta crank down on it to close it. Is this normal? I did a search on older threads, but couldn’t find anything. Just wondering if it is supposed to be so hard to close.
curlyhairedboy

Re: Pingo closing

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Mine's stiffer than my k390 Urban (another spyderco slipjoint).

I advise fidgeting with it for a while. After a number of cycles it will definitely break in.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
PStone

Post by PStone »

Cool. That’s what I wanted to hear. Thank you!
BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

curlyhairedboy wrote:Mine's stiffer than my k390 Urban (another spyderco slipjoint).

I advise fidgeting with it for a while. After a number of cycles it will definitely break in.
Love my K390 Urban! It is the best slip joint I have handled.

Has anyone put a thumbstud, or enlarged the hole on the lingo to make it one handed? Is there someone out there that would maybe want to do one for me (larger hole)?
-Brian

Son's Collection: H1 Rescue Manbug, Tenacious

Rescue 79mm Orange, Cat BD-1, Effecient, Pingo Orange FRN, T-Mag, Urban K390, Lil' Native, Sliverax, Para 3 S110V, Caly 3 HAP 40, R Nishijin, Mantra, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 Black, Delica 4 Black, PM2 Digi, PM2 Black, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 LW, Dragonfly 2, Military 204P, Wolfspyder, Techno, HAP 40 Ladybug, H1 Hawkbill Ladybug, Blue Persistence, Bradley 2, UKPK SE Gin-1

Looking for an Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Native. :spyder:
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

The larger hole might not be that easy to access, because some of it would end up hidden under the handle. Have you considered adding a thumb bar?
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

I want a slip joint to be that hard to close. I ended up with an orange Pingo because both black specimens at my brick and mortar had mushy back springs. I want snap close and rigid open. Wimpy back springs are the dead fish hand shake of the knife world