EDC Small Fixed Blade

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JD Spydo

Re: EDC Small Fixed Blade

Post by JD Spydo »

I think one big thing that knife companies could do that would really encourage much more EDC carry of fixed blade model would be to improvise better sheaths and maybe other means of safe carry.

Because traditional belt sheaths have a lot to be desired IMO. I'm hoping to see new types of sheaths to hopefully encourage more EDC carry of small fixed blades. Because in some ways small fixed blades are far better to work with than folders on many jobs. Definitely something to really think about.
Donut

Post by Donut »

I have a little fixed blade sort of similar to a Ronin. When I want a little more protection, I carry inner waistband.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

Doc Dan wrote:I often carry an Izula in my front pocket. That method of carry is really the only one that appeals to me in the city.
+1 on the Izula, the knife disappears in your pocket.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Vivi wrote:If I see someone carrying a fixed blade and we're not camping, hunting or prepping food in the kitchen, I look at them funny. And I'm a knife nerd.
Where do you live?

I see people carrying fixed blades all the time here (rural idaho) and no one blinks.

People around here open carry revolvers sometimes, too, though, and it doesn't really raise any eyebrows.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I EDC'd a Morakniv 2/0 and it's a really handy, small blade that disappears into your pocket.

Plus, it's an amazing value for a rather nice knife.
ConspicuousConsumption

Post by ConspicuousConsumption »

How about the Enuff? If you could have a pocket clip sheath it wouldn’t be a bad choice.
The first time I saw a Spyderco was the early 90s at a knife shop in a mall. I can still see the SpydieHoles through that glass display cabinet. My parents wouldn't buy any of them for me... so now I buy them all. :spyder: