First Para 3

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SG89

First Para 3

Post by SG89 »

I am so impressed with this knife. I love the size and it fits my hand perfectly. If you have small to medium size hands and the pm2 feels too large in hand you should definitely try a para 3. Here are some comparison shots with a Delica4, UKPK, and Worker.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
tonijedi

Re: First Para 3

Post by tonijedi »

At some point I'd like to have one.
But this year's budget is already taken for the Salt 2...
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I completely agree. It's an incredible option for those looking for something slightly smaller than the PM2. Personally, the change was very welcomed and I've been carrying the Para 3, mostly, everyday since I got it. Fits my hands slightly better than the PM2 and I prefer the smaller blade size anyways, so it was a must have! :spyder:

Still want to get a deep carry clip for it though, the stock clip rides a little too high in pocket for me.
-Nick :bug-red
elena86

Post by elena86 »

I only wish it had a thinner blade stock and a slimmer blade profile :confused: I'm so disappointed :(

Marius
anycal

Post by anycal »

Very nice selection of knives. I have been wanting that S110V UKPK for a while. Native didn't make the cut?

Although I no longer have my original P3, I am very much looking forward to the CRUWEAR release - preordered.
Peter
Robbob

Post by Robbob »

I used to think the Para 3 looked like a bodged attempt at shortening a Para 2. It was not worthy of being in the Para family, I said. Now, I can't get the Cru-wear sprint off my mind. Failing that, there's always the Maxamet.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Can't wait for the Cru-Wear to drop. Looking forward to that steel AND the Para3. I like that it's stout enough for SD and heavy duty utility, and small enough to carry loose in a pocket. More like this.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

PM3>PM2 in my book. Blasphemy to many, but I like it better
vivi

Post by vivi »

I must be the odd one out. PM2's are a touch on the small side for me, if anything I'd like to see a larger version ;)
SG89

Post by SG89 »

twinboysdad wrote:PM3>PM2 in my book. Blasphemy to many, but I like it better
My thinking now too
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

twinboysdad wrote:PM3>PM2 in my book. Blasphemy to many, but I like it better
Me too! I like the PM2 but it's a little bigger than what I need. Para 3 is perfect for me
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
KingRat

Post by KingRat »

Vivi wrote:I must be the odd one out. PM2's are a touch on the small side for me, if anything I'd like to see a larger version ;)
I'm with you on this one. I thought the PM2 was great until I held a Military. Now it sits in it's box, while I am seldom without a Military. The Military fits my hand like a glove. The PM2 is just a little too short and the end digs into my palm. I imagine this would not be an issue if I had smaller hands.

Bring on the Military 2! (and Native Chief)
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

KingRat wrote:
Vivi wrote:I must be the odd one out. PM2's are a touch on the small side for me, if anything I'd like to see a larger version ;)
I'm with you on this one. I thought the PM2 was great until I held a Military. Now it sits in it's box, while I am seldom without a Military. The Military fits my hand like a glove. The PM2 is just a little too short and the end digs into my palm. I imagine this would not be an issue if I had smaller hands.

I kind of agree I think? I like the PM3 and I like the Millie. The PM2 is in that no man's land I don't find useful. I need a pocket knife or a work knife. But the PM2 is a freaking ICON so it hits the sweet spot for the masses
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Since the PM2 is a bit snug on my hand, my little finger actually rests on the pommel protrusion and it is not as comfortable as it could be. Therefore, I am certain that the P3 is too small for my hand.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Midnightrider

Post by Midnightrider »

KingRat wrote:

+1000000
Millies in S110V, CTS-204p, REX 45, PM2/S110v, Native 5/Maxamet, P4/K390, Pacific Salt SE/H1, UK PK
Wants/Wishes (only NIB and EU): Militarys in 52100, Maxamet, Cru-Wear, Manix 2/Maxamet
Yes, Virginia, that's a Purple Haze in my suit pocket :)
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Don't get me wrong, a compression lock Military would be just fine with me too :D
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal