Short Clip on Delica

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Superpacker

Short Clip on Delica

Post by Superpacker »

I like shorter pocket clips, and was thinking g of putting one on my FRN Delica. Obviously that means the pinch point is not on the smooth logo. But wanted to know if anyone else has done this and what Are their impressions?
Robbob

Re: Short Clip on Delica

Post by Robbob »

I'm not sure about the Delica, but the clip on my Native falls just past the logo area. As such, clipping and removing is a bit rough on my pocket due to the points trying to grab hold of the material.

If you're looking at a titanium clip you'll have a bit of spring that allows you to lift the clip off the scales to avoid the dragging issue altogether.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Hated a short clip on my Delica switched to a long one. With the clip touching the bidirectional texture instead of the smooth logo shield, it made unclipping from the pocket slower bc it snags
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
ivtecdaily

Post by ivtecdaily »

Spydergirl88 wrote:Hated a short clip on my Delica switched to a long one. With the clip touching the bidirectional texture instead of the smooth logo shield, it made unclipping from the pocket slower bc it snags
x2, a short clip is not pleasant in the least on the FRN Delica. Go for a long one for sure. Or you could change the scales and then use a short one problem free :D

Went from this:

To this:

Superpacker

Post by Superpacker »

Good thoughts. Obviously the long clip is the easy solution, but they sure are long. I've actually thought of putting a little bead of Fray Check on the inside seam of my pocket. It's a clear and stiff but flexible film that stops fraying and is used in the garment industry. That could counter the effects of a short clip. Also seems most of the "damage" would occur when the knife is inserted not removed bc your pulling in the direction of the bi-directional FRN when your removing it from the pocket.