Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mrtodd777

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Post by mrtodd777 »

g4nz0 wrote:Thank you very much for the warm welcome.

I'm really enjoying the heft and clean look of the piece. Just this morning I caught myself staring at it. Since my tastes are leading me more towards gentleman's EDC knife, it has proven to be very appropriate.

As to the follow-on purchases, naturally, I find myself salivating over the Gayle Bradley 2 next. Oh boy, this may prove to be a very costly endeavour :eek: .

LV
You sir, have good taste. The Gayle Bradley 2 is arguably the best production folder for the price in my opinion. I have handled knives over double that price and most pale in comparison. So a Caly 3.5 and a GB2 is probably the coolest way to start your long, and expensive journey. Welcome!!
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Those are gonna be two tough acts to follow.... :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Hi G4nz0, welcome to the forum! Great first Spydie, and a great deal too, I should have picked one up while I had the chance.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Just saw this at National, if I hadn't just bought a knife yesterday lulz :rolleyes: , Spyderco Endura 4 C10JBOP Sprint Run Folding Knife, 3-7/8" Plain Edge Damascus Blade, Orange Jigged Bone Handle
$379.95 $209.99
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Great choice, G4nz0. The Caly 3.5 CF was my second Spyderco, a great discrete carry EDC, and 4 years and too many spydies to admit later, it still occupies its unique place in my assortment.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
LDB

Post by LDB »

PM2 in S35VN for $136.19 at Massdrop, about 15% below online stores.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/spyderco-p ... emailshare
mb1

Post by mb1 »

LDB wrote:PM2 in S35VN for $136.19 at Massdrop, about 15% below online stores.

Are these still being manufactured? Thought they were done long, long ago.
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

mb1 wrote:
LDB wrote:PM2 in S35VN for $136.19 at Massdrop, about 15% below online stores.

Are these still being manufactured? Thought they were done long, long ago.
I've noticed these have come back in stock at some dealers within the last week or so too, maybe they did another run of them
PM2 Cruwear, PM2 S35VN, PM2 S30V, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 LW CTS-XHP, Native 5 LW S35VN, Native 5 G10 S35VN, Mantra M4, Sage 5 S30V, Chaparral CTS-XHP, Stretch Hap40, Stretch VG10, Centofante 3 VG10, Delica 4 Hap40, Delica 4 ZDP 189, Delica 4 VG10, Dragonfly 2 VG10, Ladybug 3 H1, Caly3 ZDP189, Urban LW K390
Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

Great buy if I didn't already have one. Contemplating one as a back up. I think this did not sell well because doesn't scream special. S35vn is nothing special anymore and that tan is ho hum. Might be why there are a lot still left. I have had 13 PM2''s and this one is one of my two left. Love it. Might just have to bite at that price, hmmmm
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

This is a distributor exclusive. That is different than a dealer exclusive. I believe they have ordered more than one run. I would speculate that these are not leftover but rather that there was recently another run ordered. I am not sure how many runs have been done but I think this may be the third. The Spydiewiki lists two runs, one in 2012 and one in 2015.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
mb1

Post by mb1 »

That S35VN model has long been one of my favorites... I've never had - lol. I like the brown. Kind of tempting...along with the other dozen or so temptations that float about.
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
palonej

Post by palonej »

http://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyderco-H ... e-3--71272

Not sure if this is a crazy deal, but it looks like a really cool oldie!
Joe
Robbob

Post by Robbob »

palonej wrote:http://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyderco-H ... e-3--71272

Not sure if this is a crazy deal, but it looks like a really cool oldie!
Joe
It's quite lovely.
ZMW

Post by ZMW »

$47 assist from Ebay came yesterday. It was a little dirty and gummed up on the scales, but once cleaned off it is mint condition. I guess there is a weak secondary market for the Assist, but at 50% off that seems like an amazing deal to me.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

ZMW wrote:$47 assist from Ebay came yesterday. It was a little dirty and gummed up on the scales, but once cleaned off it is mint condition. I guess there is a weak secondary market for the Assist, but at 50% off that seems like an amazing deal to me.
I agree that it's an amazing deal, given the carbide window breaker, emergency whistle, large hand-filling grip, safety tip, etc. I also think the low Rescue 3 prices that are cropping up are a great deal for a very comfortable, versatile and underappreciated knife.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Robbob

Post by Robbob »

DougC-3 wrote:I also think the low Rescue 3 prices that are cropping up are a great deal for a very comfortable, versatile and underappreciated knife.
That's a fact, Jack. Both of my Rescues are the smoothest back locks I've ever tried. They rival the Manix, in fact.
g4nz0

Post by g4nz0 »

Good Morning:

Just saw the Tri-Angle Sharpmaker on amazon for 51.59 before tax, which is pretty close to a 2 year low. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000Q9C4AE/_e ... 167QILYP5W

cheers
bouhunter

Post by bouhunter »

Amazon has Black Manix LW for 71.00, and Endura Grey LW for 59.00.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

The price for the caly 3.5 on Amazon hit 75 last night but it is now out of stock...
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Spydergirl88 wrote:The price for the caly 3.5 on Amazon hit 75 last night but it is now out of stock...
I hope that you bought a dozen :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian