Name the spyderco you can't pull trigger on

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
orangejuice

Re: Name the spyderco you can't pull trigger on

Post by orangejuice »

Slysz bowie...oh the temptation!
Drink juice
Chinook3

Post by Chinook3 »

The Nirvana. The blade is a little too thick behind the edge but the one piece handle is stellar.
Would love to give it the razors edge treatment but dang, then I'm in it for quite a bit.
I know big problems huh. :D :spyder:
My response is "Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there, it just means you can't see it". Sal G.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

The Tuff, really should have grabbed one when in production still, now the priced are crazy on the secondary.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Tim_B_Riding

Post by Tim_B_Riding »

Sprig. I think it would be great for fishing but I don't fish enough.
ejcr98

Post by ejcr98 »

Sage 5 (wished the blade was just short of 2.5" so that I could take it to court), Techno (price and not open-back construction), and Native 5 Lightweight in dark blue (too many lockbacks already).
Northglenn500

Post by Northglenn500 »

The Firefly. I think it's beautiful, but for some dumb reason I can't make myself buy it.
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Slysz Bowie, for not having to sleep in the gardenhouse for a week.
Advocate, for not feeling confident about the bearings.
Ippon

Post by Ippon »

Can't pull the trigger on a manix. The KC Cruwear version is very tempting, and honestly if i pick one up that's the version I'd grab.... but I can't justify it when the PM2 which I carry almost every day is just about perfect for me
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

Mainly anyone with the wire clip. I've always been satisfied with the 3screw models in the clips. I've bought several lately but I guess one particular model would be the Manix 2. I love the clip and weight of the Cruwear models but I've had a Native for 10+ years and the big leaf shape blade if the Manix just doesn't do it for me.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Liquid Cobra wrote: Your post makes sense to me, almost all of it except...the Slysz Bowie and the Ouroboros. Both are high performing knives but like you point out are a bit expensive. Worth it in my opinion though. I bet you'd like them if you gave it a shot :)
Yeah, I kind of figure that a number of the models I mentioned, I might like.

I am really reluctant to try the Slysz Bowie, though. The Techno has some pretty horrific angles for the opening action and it looks to me like the Bowie has the same angle issues.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Tim_B_Riding wrote:Sprig. I think it would be great for fishing but I don't fish enough.
It's a great kitchen knife too. I use it every day for simple kitchen chores.
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

SpydieChef. It's one I wanted to become available for years, but certain posts have me waiting for a little CQI.
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

Ulize - years and years dropping it from the shopping cart, I just can't pay the prices they ask for it!
ejcr98

Post by ejcr98 »

Had not been able to pull the trigger on the Sage 5 but decided to get for my birthday. Just got it in the mail and am I glad I did. Should have gotten it a while back.

It is the perfect edc when I want to carry something more dressy. Now, if Spyderco would only make a mini version of it with a blade just short of 2.5" to meet my work restrictions, I had be ecstatic.
roger-roger

Post by roger-roger »

Gail Bradley 1 - wrong climate for carbon steel
Slysz Bowie - still on wishlist but may get bumped soon. Have owned Senbenza's, but rather not spend 3 bills on a knife anymore.
Mantra 1 - is exactly what I want in a 3" folder. Light, streamlined, and ti. Carbon steel again...:(
EmperorMA

Post by EmperorMA »

Ippon wrote:Can't pull the trigger on a manix. The KC Cruwear version is very tempting, and honestly if i pick one up that's the version I'd grab.... but I can't justify it when the PM2 which I carry almost every day is just about perfect for me
Pretty much this for me, although the XHP Manix version was calling me.

I also can't seem to make up my mind between a Military 204P and SpydieChef. I know I'll eventually have both but I can never pull the trigger on one over the other. Maybe I'll trade a knife or two and get one of them to make it easier.
Wishlist: Delica 4 FFG VG10, Manix 2 LW XHP, Military 204P and S110V, Para 3 Cruwear and S110V, Paramilitary 2 (all versions), SpydieChef LC200N, Caribbean PE and Sheepsfoot SE

Procured: Caly 3.5 VG10, Dragonfly 2 LW VG10, Manix 2 XL S30V, Native 5 LW S110V, Para 3 S30V, Paramilitary 2 S110V
ConspicuousConsumption

Post by ConspicuousConsumption »

Molle Ninja wrote:SpydieChef. It's one I wanted to become available for years, but certain posts have me waiting for a little CQI.
SpydieChef is my realistic grail. Just trying to not buy it too early before I have most of the FRN and G10 stuff.

So what are the CQI you’re waiting for specifically?
The first time I saw a Spyderco was the early 90s at a knife shop in a mall. I can still see the SpydieHoles through that glass display cabinet. My parents wouldn't buy any of them for me... so now I buy them all. :spyder:
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Ippon wrote:Can't pull the trigger on a manix. The KC Cruwear version is very tempting, and honestly if i pick one up that's the version I'd grab.... but I can't justify it when the PM2 which I carry almost every day is just about perfect for me
I picked up the s110v manix a while back and like it more than my pm2. Crazy right? It's got jimping all over. Not crazy long handle like the pm2. Your opinion might differ, but give it a shot.
vivi

Post by vivi »

hawkbill ladybug.

Love h1, love hawkbills, and it would pair well with the large folders I carry.

But I never use the blade on my pocket multitools, which leads me to believe the LB woyld suffer a similar fate and live in my knife drawer.
:unicorn
Bradley

Post by Bradley »

Vivi wrote:hawkbill ladybug.

Love h1, love hawkbills, and it would pair well with the large folders I carry.

But I never use the blade on my pocket multitools, which leads me to believe the LB woyld suffer a similar fate and live in my knife drawer.

I use my ladybug hawk allllll the time. Probably more than any other knife in total, because the others get rotated and the ladybug is always there, ready to work.