Sage1 fans

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
elena86

Sage1 fans

Post by elena86 »

I tried to like Sage5 or any other Sage but I keep going back to my beloved Sage1.In fact,I think Sage1 is one of the best edc-s Spyderco produced. Are there any Sage1 fans out there ?

Marius
awa54

Re: Sage1 fans

Post by awa54 »

I have a 1, 2, both 3s and a 5. I think the 3 in CF/G10 is my favorite, but I really like them all. If I was stuck with just the Sage 1 it wouldn't make me all that sad ;)
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

I have all of the Sages, but somehow I currently have three Sage1's, so I guess that says something :) They make great gifts.

I think the Sage1 was the first ~$100 :spyder: I ever bought.

Sage5 in pocket today.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I have the Sage 1, 2, 3, & 5. I like the S1 just fine and carry it from time to time but the S2 & S5 are favorites at the moment.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

The sage 1 is a solid knife. Mine has been flawless. Such a great deal too.
Other knives have limited its pocket time but I still like it.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I know how you feel. I own all the Chaparrals, but think the original one with the same CF used on the Sage 1 is the best looking and most practical. Also own all the Sages and, while I don't currently carry any of them, if Spyderco ever offered a left hand version of the Sage 1, it would definitely see pocket time.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Donut

Post by Donut »

Sage 5 is the best. :p
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Donut wrote:Sage 5 is the best. :p
May be, but the Sage 4 is by far the prettiest of the Sages, and easily in the top 5 Spydercos in my book :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Larry_Mott wrote:May be, but the Sage 4 is by far the prettiest of the Sages
I won't argue with that! Someday I hope to find one for a price I can actually afford.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Donut

Post by Donut »

Larry_Mott wrote:
May be, but the Sage 4 is by far the prettiest of the Sages, and easily in the top 5 Spydercos in my book :)
For me, it's easy to remember that the 4 is the heaviest Sage. o.O
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Donut wrote:
Larry_Mott wrote:
Well, everything's relative. I'm a fully grown man and it wont pull my pants down ;)
Being weaned on Buck 110 and Schrade LB7/8 there's not many knives today that make me think, "wow, this thing's heavy"
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I have the 2, 3 and 4. I am sure the 1 is just as nice as the rest but liner locks aren't my favorite lock so I just never picked up a Sage1. I love my Sage3 the best.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Only one I have is the 3 blue G10, great piece. I've thought about grabbing a 1 a few times, seems like a good piece for the price. Like just about everyone who doesn't have one, the 4 is a must have at some point, still kicking myself for not grabbing one when they were a plenty.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
elena86

Post by elena86 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I have the 2, 3 and 4. I am sure the 1 is just as nice as the rest but liner locks aren't my favorite lock so I just never picked up a Sage1. I love my Sage3 the best.
You love the Millie and it sports a liner lock AFAIK :eek:
Last edited by elena86 on Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

The sage 1 is great. I wish they would release another sage with a backlock tho.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Tim_B_Riding

Post by Tim_B_Riding »

It hits a lot of marks for me personally. I prefer liner/frame locks and I have a love for carbon fiber. I also appreciate that it's very light. It's the perfect office carry. It was a knife for me that when I got it I knew instantly that I would never get rid of it and carry it on a regular basis.
dc50

Post by dc50 »

I keep going back and forth between the sage 1 and 2 Its really a tough call. I think the one gets carried more,its a mighty fine knife.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

I also have all the Sages. The 2 & 5 are my faves, but if Spyderco had stopped with the 1, I would not feel short-changed.
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Donut

Post by Donut »

Larry_Mott wrote:
Donut wrote:
Larry_Mott wrote:
Well, everything's relative. I'm a fully grown man and it wont pull my pants down ;)
Being weaned on Buck 110 and Schrade LB7/8 there's not many knives today that make me think, "wow, this thing's heavy"
From what I can tell from my real life and from what people say on the forums. If you wear jeans, you can deal with a heavier knife.

I work in an office and wear chinos Monday through Thursday, during the summer, I wear khaki shorts or other light weight shorts most of the time on the weekends. For me, almost all of the time, a Sage 4 weight knife feels too heavy because my pants are bunching up from the weight.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I've had the 1 and 3, still have the 3. You really can't lose with any of them, it's basically pick your favorite lock and roll with it. All of the Sage's I've handled had among the smoothest pivots I've ever handled. I think overall I prefer the 3 just because it has a lock you can't get on any other Spyderco.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David