Just got fired!!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Mr Blonde

Just got fired!!

Post by Mr Blonde »

Well, a nice start of the day... Due to financial-economic circumstances my contract won't be renewed at the end of the year. My performance, targets and all, were not the problem as is admitted by my manager, but the overall workload of the company is shrinking and my contract is the cheapest one to cancel. Dutch labor laws protect the more expensive consultants who have not met their targets for many years. The mandatory severance pay for those people is too high to fire them. So the young ones are the first to go.....Isn't the welfare state great huh?

So....no spydies for me in the near future....and I'll have to get back in the job-hunting game...in a job all I want is that steady home base to work from, not for me I guess...

Speaking of which, I am an ambitious young communications consultant with an MA in American Studies as well as International Business Communications who would absolutely love to work abroad? Are there any job openings in Golden? :)

Cheers,

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-28-2024 Instagram
boxer93

Post by boxer93 »

Mr Blonde,
Sorry to hear that. Best of luck in your search. I'm not sure if :spyder: Golden has a spot, Denver CO on the other hand is a large city and you may have luck there :) Also it's not uncommon for us americans to drive 60-100Km each way to get to work. Don't know if you have the same conditions there. Something to keep in mind.
Chris
Be Excellent to each other.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

hi Chris,

thanks for the tip, I am already travelling 100km+ a day by train to and from work. With my trusty laptop and cell phone it is actually a pretty productive time of the day.

The job-hunt is on!

Wouter
Jurphaas

Post by Jurphaas »

Mr Blonde wrote:hi Chris,

thanks for the tip, I am already travelling 100km+ a day by train to and from work. With my trusty laptop and cell phone it is actually a pretty productive time of the day.

The job-hunt is on!

Wouter
Sorry to hear that Wouter, life's a ***** somtimes. Don't let it get you down good people are still needed. Good luck with the job hunt. :)
Clipits Work!
* WTC # 0107 *
Ted

Post by Ted »

That's a bummer Wouter! - Hope you find something new soon!

Ted
JLannoo

Post by JLannoo »

Thats terrible dude...best of luck to ya :(

Post by jaids »

good luck.
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

I hate changeing jobs but in my experiance every time I have changed work the new job has been better.Over 9 years now loading Pepsi trucks.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha Wouter!

Do not worry my friend...just another opportunity for God to do His thing in your life!

God bless and take care!
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Thanks for the support guys, it's just a little frustrating to have management tell you that you're fired not because of how bad you did your work, on the contrary. But because others did not do their work properly, and ofcourse an economy that hasn't helped either. Somewhere I wish I was fired because of my bad performance you know? Somehow, that would seem more fair.

It is an amazing experience, though, you really get to know who your real friends are in the workplace.

Well, my first job-interview is tomorrow, so I got lucky there! I've got a pretty good resume and motivation so, chances for a new job are in my favor!
Thanks again for the support, I needed to vent a little you know.

Cheers,

Wouter
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha Wouter!

Hey, it is their loss! Keep the Faith brother, and rant and rave all ya like! It ain't good to keep :mad: in, and we're here for ya! I will pray that all goes well for you tomorrow bro! :)
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
CKE

Post by CKE »

Good Luck Wouter with your job hunting. Take Care and keep your spirits up :)
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
buferoe

Post by buferoe »

Hi Wouter,

Live sucks as they say.
I hope you keep a clear head, and lots of succes with your interview.

regards,

Buferoe
dialex

Post by dialex »

Hi Wouter. Unfortunately, this is a risk that many of us encounter. You'll see, getting older makes finding a job even more difficult. :( Yet, a kick in the butt is a step forward. Good luck and take care!
Joyce Laituri

Post by Joyce Laituri »

Hi Wouter,

Sorry to hear about your job. Positive thoughts only okay? Sometimes a window closes and a door opens. Good luck and let us know if we can help in anyway.

Joyce @ Spyderco
samosaurus

Post by samosaurus »

Hey bro, sorry to hear about yer situation. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hopefully, all will go well for you.. Take care my man.. ;)

Sam
Spidernoir

Post by Spidernoir »

Mr. Blonde,

I feel for you my friend. I'm in the same boat. My job got sent to Mexico and I'm currently looking for a new one without much success. No new :spyder: 's for me for awhile.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Thanks for the support guys, my interview last friday actually went quite well. So well, in fact, that it would be a real pity if I didn't get the job. I mean, besides the fact that I 'need' a job, the people I met and the job are really nice. Still, the hunt continues,

thanks again for the support,

wouter
dialex

Post by dialex »

Good luck and may you enjoy your new job - whatever that would be ;)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.