5,000th post Giveaway !!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
nick800

Re: 5,000th post Giveaway !!!

Post by nick800 »

Holiday Highlight - daughter's first christmas
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Darby,

Thank you for your generosity! 5000! Wow!
Hope you continue sharing here and making our days!

I'm in for bluntcut!, 768 it is.
The best thing of holiday season is it gives chance for respite, taking stock, remembering what it really means and spending time with loved ones!
I wish everyone here a warm and joyful holidays!

Chad,

Thank you for the generous offer!

Sal,

Thank you for your care to us 'furiners"' :D.
Chris :spyder:
Zen

Post by Zen »

I'm in!
Thanks for the opportunity and I wish you all very good holidays all over the globe.
At this time of the year I like the white woods the most and love to go outside exploring them.
Much more if I can take my wifie with me.
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Congrat's Darby on reaching the 5k milestone and a big thanks to you, Sal and Chad for making this happen :D

I'll go for 139

The holidays are all about good company, good food and a good bottle of malt whisky to cap a special day :)
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
mb1

Post by mb1 »

I'm in. Have to to go with 316 this time of year.

I look fwd to getting a break from the work schedule and commute, and getting to eat too much delicious home cooked food and visit family. Lots of memories in the sights, sounds and smells there like others have mentioned.

But my favorite aspect of the holidays is seeing the spirit of giving. I dare say if you are into knives as a hobby, you are a blessed individual. Most of us have far more than we need.

So here's a friendly nudge to do something for someone less fortunate this year. It will do both you and them some good, and it makes the world a better place.

Thanks for the awesome GAW Darby. Merry Christmas!
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Stuart Ackerman wrote:I'm in...

As my son and daughter are travelling in the US and the UK, I will spend all the time on leave with my wife... :)
Sure, but your odds of winning are slim if you don't pick a number. ;)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Studey

Post by Studey »

I'm in for 213, thanks!!!

My favorite part of of the holidays is the family time. People set aside annoyances and do their best to focus on only the best. It's just such a happy time of the year. As I've gotten older, I've come to really appreciate all of the effort my folks put into making sure my brother and I always had a fun Christmas.
Matt Deaner

Post by Matt Deaner »

I am in for 325.
I haven't done a whole lot for folks on this forum yet, but I did send some folks some PM2 screws.

Like lots of other posters in his thread, I most enjoy the family time around the holidays. I see family members then that I don't see at any other time, and it's always great to visit and catch up. My family (on my side) has become quite small due to deaths and other issues. And it seems like the younger folks don't like to attend Christmas get togethers. It's a little sad. On my wife's side, however, it's completely opposite. She has a huge and fantastic family that I am lucky to be a part of.
IR192

Post by IR192 »

What a wonderful way to celebrate the holidays and comraderie, I'm in!! 672 please.

I love sharing knowledge with my children and watching them absorb it in wonder and pick it up so quickly. This weekend, I have been teaching my 2yr old about snow shoveling! I also spend time around the holidays digging out some of our older neighbours, who get to feed the kids candy and hot chcolate while I clear their driveways.

Thanks Darby for giving us the opportunity to share!!!
Regards,
Ed
Recently Acquired: Hap40 Endura, Hap40 Stretch, Manix2 LW XHP, PM2 Cruwear, Farid K2, Kiwi4, LC200N Native, Large Lum Folder, Manix2 Cruwear.

In The Works: 204P Military, Nirvana, Slysz Bowie.
-Ed
Tyrdle

Post by Tyrdle »

I'm in! 647 please. I enjoy spending time with family and friends (and of course the gifts!)
Last edited by Tyrdle on Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:spyder: Turtles can have knives too, right? :spyder:
Aus-8 Delica 1 ATS-55 Endura UK Penknife
Positron Mamba Blurple PM2
remnar

Post by remnar »

1) have at least one post on this forum before I posted this thread. Done!
2) I'm in! #440
3) Food and family! Cathing up with family that I rarely see while enjoying a great meal.
4) I promise to take a moment and deliberately appreciate my kids during this holiday season.

This is extraordinarily generous of both of you. Thanks for the opportunity. :) :spyder:
bwunger

Post by bwunger »

Congrats on 5k.

I'm in! #767

My favorite thing about the holidays is finding that perfect gift for someone and watching their face light up when they receive it.
Current collection: ZDP-189 Delica 4, S110V PM2, St. Nick's 4v Para 3, H1 sheepsfoot Manbug, Kapara, VG-10 Dragonfly, ATS-55 Serrated Delica, ZDP-189 MT04 (not broken yet) + Other non spydercos.
elqfaltaba

Post by elqfaltaba »

Congrats on 5,000 Darby.ç

I'm in! #911, I think that Porsche is the "Spyderco" car maker and the 911 is the Native, perfect.

Thanks.
dplafoll

Post by dplafoll »

Congrats! And thanks for the GAW. I am constantly reminded of how good the people that spend time here on this forum can be.
I'm in. I'll take 120. I saw Rogue One today, and the original Death Star was 120km in diameter.

My favorite thing about the holidays is the opportunity to be with family. And this year in particular my wife and I are in a position financially that we can afford to buy gifts for folks where we haven't always been able to do that. The highlights this year in particular:
1) My son is 3.5 and this is his first year to really care about Christmas. So I'm looking more forward to Christmas morning this year than before, because he's actually going to be more involved.
2) I was able to find some really great gifts for my wife this year. I don't get to surprise her that much for Christmas; usually we've gotten one nice thing for the both of us together, or have a limited budget and give each other a list of ideas so it's not a surprise. But this year, without some of those limits, I got her some good stuff. And one of them, is "from my son" and it's related to being a boy's mother, so it's gonna be good times.

So my promise is to appreciate my wife and son, because they're what make the season for me.

As for the knife, I don't buy non-users, and I'd certainly extend that principle to this one. If you want an example of my bona fides on that, I own, carry, and use a Nirvana.
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I'm in. 56
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
bearfacedkiller

Great reflections so far! I especially like the ones about appreciating that humanity is just a little gentler, kinder and more giving this time of year. Your genuine responses are uplifting and inspiring. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Congratulations Darby on the big milestone and to you and Chad both (and Sal!) for making this happen. No need to enter me, but I did want to add that this forum almost always seems filled with the holiday spirit year-round! Cheers, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
gingerninja

Post by gingerninja »

I'm in # 164

My fave Xmas things.....long summer days, beaches, bbqs, friends and family
pdptrow

Post by pdptrow »

I'm in! Congrats on 5000!! My number is 728, my anniversary.
I enjoy the friends and family food and drink that always elevate the season.
I will appreciate when my kids come home for the holidays. After college they rolled right into their jobs out of state, so to see them for a week is always great.
Paul
bearfacedkiller

I see that a few have opted out of the contest which is obviously an option. Keep in mind that you do have the option to pick a number on another forum member's behalf. If you wanted to give your entry to a member who you feel consistently contributes to the greatness of the forum or for any reason deserves an extra nod from one of us then that option is there. If you just want to give it to a forumite friend that is also an option. Of course if you just want to sit back and watch that is not a problem either.
Last edited by bearfacedkiller on Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Darby