Spyderco C81GPGY2 Paramilitary 2 CRU-WEAR

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SG89

Re: Spyderco C81GPGY2 Paramilitary 2 CRU-WEAR

Post by SG89 »

farnorthdan wrote:Yea, its pretty hard to resist some of these drops hangin out around here, that's for sure. I've never purchased from DLT before, how are they to deal with, do they charge shipping?
Free shipping over $99.husband ordered my Worker g10 from there. No issues. Would recommend.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

Sharp Guy wrote:I told myself that I wasn't going to allow myself be "enabled". Then the pics started showing up! A few days after they started showing up at the dealers I started to casually look around. All that were available were priced higher than MAP. I didn't have anything with Cru-Wear yet and I loved the grey color but I wasn't going to pay an inflated price for one. Then somebody posted on BF that DLT had some in stock. A quick price check and it was all over for me! :D

First impression is that this one's about as good as it can get. The G10 is nice and grippy and I love the color, the blade is centered and swings free when the lock is released, etc. I've noticed that the detent is much stronger than my other PM2. My other PM2 is well broken in and, although I can't shake the blade out, the detent almost feels too light compared to the new one. It'll be interesting to compare the two after the new one is well broken in.

Overall I'm a very happy person! :) :spyder:
SG,
Mine too had the heaviest detent of any of my PM2s, which is a positive in my book. As you noted, these seem to be the best versions of to date (we'll see after they are broken in). Nice photo too!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:Yea, its pretty hard to resist some of these drops hangin out around here, that's for sure. I've never purchased from DLT before, how are they to deal with, do they charge shipping?
Free shipping over $99.husband ordered my Worker g10 from there. No issues. Would recommend.
Yep! The transaction with DLT was fine. I ordered mid afternoon on Wednesday and it was in my mailbox on Friday. Even had a $10 giftcard inside.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
ejames13

Post by ejames13 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Yep! The transaction with DLT was fine. I ordered mid afternoon on Wednesday and it was in my mailbox on Friday. Even had a $10 giftcard inside.
My experience with DLT was excellent. I specifically requested that they check my knife to ensure it didn't have any lock stick, and it has absolutely none. Whether they checked or not is uncertain. Maybe I just got lucky.

Aside from that, they sent it via free priority shipping. KW and New Graham both send via first class when you select the free option. Not dogging on them, but it is nice to get free priority. I also received the $10 gift card. Would definitely do business with them again!
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

ejames13 wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:
My experience with DLT was excellent. I specifically requested that they check my knife to ensure it didn't have any lock stick, and it has absolutely none. Whether they checked or not is uncertain. Maybe I just got lucky.

Aside from that, they sent it via free priority shipping. KW and New Graham both send via first class when you select the free option. Not dogging on them, but it is nice to get free priority. I also received the $10 gift card. Would definitely do business with them again!
Right on gang, thanks for the feedback, I will add them to my list of good vendors. :)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Bought a Cruwear Para 2 at no upcharge/MAP pricing and IMO it doesn't get any better. No shipping charged and they shipped the same day. Sent it in a priority mail box via priority mail.

The even sent a $10 gift card with the order..will buy from DLT again.
Mifff

Post by Mifff »

I've been searching everywhere for one at MAP. Any leads or should I just pick one up while I can get it? Gotta start writing these sites down. I had a preorder at KC but I dont think they are going to get any more in. I see why everyone is hesitant to gamble on their pre orders now.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Mifff wrote:I've been searching everywhere for one at MAP. Any leads or should I just pick one up while I can get it? Gotta start writing these sites down. I had a preorder at KC but I dont think they are going to get any more in. I see why everyone is hesitant to gamble on their pre orders now.
Welcome to the forum Mifff, National Knives had better than a dozen in stock last night, they may still have some. They are a little bit higher priced than some of the other vendors but not terrible.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
nick800

Post by nick800 »

In stock at Blade HQ
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Mifff wrote:I've been searching everywhere for one at MAP. Any leads or should I just pick one up while I can get it? Gotta start writing these sites down. I had a preorder at KC but I dont think they are going to get any more in. I see why everyone is hesitant to gamble on their pre orders now.
I created a bookmarks folder on my web browser where I keep all things knife related. Within that folder I created a subfolder specifically for dealers. It's handy because I can access these bookmarks regardless of what device I'm on (phone, tablet, or PC).
farnorthdan wrote:Welcome to the forum Mifff, National Knives had better than a dozen in stock last night, they may still have some. They are a little bit higher priced than some of the other vendors but not terrible.
National Knives is showing 14 in stock at the moment. Blade HQ is also showing in stock.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
sovereign

Post by sovereign »

nick800 wrote:In stock at Blade HQ
Saw that. I was watching their site. The price was $159.95 when they were out of stock. Yesterday they raised the price to $169.95 before they went live.
Mifff

Post by Mifff »

Thanks for the tips guys!
I saw my preorder for $143 so there was some sticker shock at $169, if that's the price then that's it. Guess I need to get over $30 if I want the knife. I do live close to SFO maybe I can pick it up there. I've been avoiding it because my wallet can't take that kind of abuse and my wife would probably end me if i came home with more knives. Maybe I should rethink this knife hobby.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Mifff wrote:Thanks for the tips guys!
I saw my preorder for $143 so there was some sticker shock at $169, if that's the price then that's it. Guess I need to get over $30 if I want the knife. I do live close to SFO maybe I can pick it up there. I've been avoiding it because my wallet can't take that kind of abuse and my wife would probably end me if i came home with more knives. Maybe I should rethink this knife hobby.
On the SFO site they are showing out of stock, plus the charge MSRP directly from the SFO

bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

farnorthdan wrote:
Mifff wrote:Thanks for the tips guys!
On the SFO site they are showing out of stock, plus the charge MSRP directly from the SFO

Prices at the SFO are 25% off msrp if you are there in person. Of course that is quickly offset by 8% sales tax making the total about 17% below msrp.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Mifff

Post by Mifff »

I really like the grey. Picked one up.

I really hope the manix maxamet doesn't drop soon, been chomping at the bit for that. If I visit the SFO this weekend I'll be leaving the wallet in the car. I don't have very good impulse control :D
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

sovereign wrote:
nick800 wrote:In stock at Blade HQ
Saw that. I was watching their site. The price was $159.95 when they were out of stock. Yesterday they raised the price to $169.95 before they went live.
Didn't know they pulled moves like that. Too bad.
toxophilus

Post by toxophilus »

I also had one on pre-order from KC (placed order on 9.23.2016), got my shipping notice yesterday.
BelgiumRofls

Post by BelgiumRofls »

Mine arrived this afternoon, couldn't be happier with it!
The fit and finish is absolute perfection. They must be doing something right at the Golden CO. facility, It's push-cutting phonebook paper out of the box. :D
Taichung gets some of the flashiest and most impressive models but I wonder if many of the best value propositions aren't coming out of Colorado.
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

Mine arrived yesterday. Had to loosen the pivot just a touch, while I was at it, it needed a drop of lube as the detent ball seemed a little "chalky". Smooth as silk now. On the subject of the detent, mine is noticeably stronger than on my older PM2, this is very much a welcomed improvement!
IMG_0343.JPG
IMG_0344.JPG
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
jbmeinhorn

Post by jbmeinhorn »

Very nice knife!