Purchasing a fake PM2 for research purposes

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
paladin

Re: Purchasing a fake PM2 for research purposes

Post by paladin »

Cogito wrote: Dude that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. Why go through that hassle when I could just tinker around with a $15 replica?

Anyways, thanks to previous answers, I'm not going to go this route anymore. I'll pick up a "tinkerer" at the seconds sale.
Picking up an authentic Spyderco factory second is an OUTSTANDING idea for your purposes. I wish you well on your endeavor! :) :spyder: :)
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Cogito,

We spend hundreds of thousands of dollars every year to try to stop counterfeits. Dollars that our customer ends up paying for in the prodeuct because thieves are steeling our company, products, designs, trademarks, etc. By supporting them, you hurt us.

sal
Cogito

Post by Cogito »

When SAL speaks, I listen! The thought will not cross my mind again, sir! Thank you for making such wonderful products! I love them!
Cogito

Post by Cogito »

paladin wrote:
Cogito wrote: Dude that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. Why go through that hassle when I could just tinker around with a $15 replica?

Anyways, thanks to previous answers, I'm not going to go this route anymore. I'll pick up a "tinkerer" at the seconds sale.
Picking up an authentic Spyderco factory second is an OUTSTANDING idea for your purposes. I wish you well on your endeavor! :) :spyder: :)
Thanks! I should have thought of this sooner. I'm glad this board is available to straighten me out. Cheers.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Good job weathering the storm with grace and courtesy Cogito. ;) :)
Cogito

Post by Cogito »

Surfingringo wrote:Good job weathering the storm with grace and courtesy Cogito. ;) :)
Ouch, right?
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Cogito wrote:
Surfingringo wrote:Good job weathering the storm with grace and courtesy Cogito. ;) :)
Ouch, right?
Haha, you did good buddy. :)
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Not to hijack, but are 2 torx bits needed to adjust the PM2 pivot? Or just 1 bit? T10 right?
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

The seconds idea is great! Prob is you might buy a couple dozen extras :). Have fun!
Cogito

Post by Cogito »

Blerv wrote:The seconds idea is great! Prob is you might buy a couple dozen extras :). Have fun!
Dude I'm hoping to get at least 5 PM2s. So excited.
WCC

Post by WCC »

Cogito wrote:
Blerv wrote:The seconds idea is great! Prob is you might buy a couple dozen extras :). Have fun!
This is the best conclusion to this thread! Well done, you will not be disapointed. If Spyderco was close by I would be buying up boxes of 2nds to fill in all the nooks and crannies not already filled up by the other Spydercos. :D
Skaaphaas

Post by Skaaphaas »

WCC wrote:
Cogito wrote:
This is the best conclusion to this thread! Well done, you will not be disapointed. If Spyderco was close by I would be buying up boxes of 2nds to fill in all the nooks and crannies not already filled up by the other Spydercos. :D
You must have a shedload of nooks and crannies, then.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

I have a Cruwear Millie that Darby picked up for me at the seconds sale last year. It has become my most carried knife. There is a little slop in the detent but the detent is quite strong and very safe feeling. Aside form that it is pretty much like a brand new Millie. It was $70 if I'm not mistaken!! Yeah, I'd be camping out if I was there! haha