C101PBN2 Manix 2 CTS XHP Brown FRCP Knife Center Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
farnorthdan

Re: C101PBN2 Manix 2 CTS XHP Brown FRCP Knife Center Exclusive

Post by farnorthdan »

Donut wrote:I got lucky and mine arrived today.
What...you know the saying, lets see some pics, really curious about the scale color in hand.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
SteelSpyder

Post by SteelSpyder »

I'll have mine Friday :)
Donut

Post by Donut »

Sorry for the delay.

-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
BTG

Post by BTG »

Mine should be here tomorrow, but I ordered another today....friends birthday on the 10th...he has a few spydies, but no sprints or exclusives.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Right on Brian, thanks for posting up, can't wait for mine, should be here in the next day or two, I'm really liking the look of that.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Nice pics, Brian. I still haven't heard from KC, although I ordered as soon as they announced it and my acct says "1 ordered, 1 in stock." Seems like one time they called me to verify that I still wanted a pre-order I'd made, but not recently.

I was expecting the same brown as on the FRN Native CTS-XPH, which I like a lot, but come to think of it, this not even FRN :) and besides, I like the light brown FRCP equally well, and it'll be good for discrete carry because the lighter brown will blend better with khaki and other colors I wear.

Edit: just noticed KC seems to list all their Lt Wt C101's as FRN except the BD1 models. I think this may have resulted from some confusion that was going on when the dark blue S110V came out.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Northglenn500

Post by Northglenn500 »

It really does look like it's made out of milk chocolate :)
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Northglenn500 wrote:It really does look like it's made out of milk chocolate :)
Haha Yep! I have Hershey bars sitting on the counter waiting for the obligatory pics. I just need the knife to show up before we eat all the chocolate.

I received my shipping confirmation and tracking info 2 days ago but tracking says it's waiting to receive the item from the shipper.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
death-to-yancey

Post by death-to-yancey »

You know, I really thought I was done buying for awhile (at least for this month lol), but I think I may have to pick one up tomorrow if they're still in stock.
Thanks to all members, old and new.

-George
SG89

Post by SG89 »

death-to-yancey wrote:You know, I really thought I was done buying for awhile (at least for this month lol), but I think I may have to pick one up tomorrow if they're still in stock.
Every month I think I am done buying for awhile...every month I am proven wrong lol
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
death-to-yancey wrote:You know, I really thought I was done buying for awhile (at least for this month lol), but I think I may have to pick one up tomorrow if they're still in stock.
Every month I think I am done buying for awhile...every month I am proven wrong lol
Haha me too! I keep picturing Sal and the Spyderco staff sitting around a large conference table brain storming new ways to empty our piggy banks. They're doing a good job lightening mine these days!
death-to-yancey

Post by death-to-yancey »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Haha me too! I keep picturing Sal and the Spyderco staff sitting around a large conference table brain storming new ways to empty our piggy banks. They're doing a good job lightening mine these days!
Lol of course they are! It all makes sense now, Sal and company are super villains! Even the name "spyderco" sounds like a company ran by a bond villain lol.
Thanks to all members, old and new.

-George
TALON52

Post by TALON52 »

Mine came today... Nice little knife.

USMC Disabled Veteran 69/73 Semper Fi
awa54

Post by awa54 »

Gotta say I wasn't prepared for how much easier to carry the LW version of the Manix is...
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

awa54 wrote:Gotta say I wasn't prepared for how much easier to carry the LW version of the Manix is...
The M2 LW has become my favorite bigger (for me) knife. I love the fit, finish, materials, etc of the M2 G10, PM2, and the Gayle Bradley but a M2 LW sees more time in my pocket than any of those.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

This arrived today. Decided to give the M2 a third try and 3rd times a charm! The lock on this one is way easier for me to disengage than my previous manii and I love the color and CTS XHP. If you are considering a M2 lw and not sure about BD1 or 110v give this guy a try instead. Image
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
T_MAC686

Post by T_MAC686 »

I wish they would do another run of this knife.. if not the brown then maybe in a blue (that matches the Delica/Endura color) or a dark forest green FRCP.. come on Knife Center- you obviously had no issues selling the first run!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

T_MAC686 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:49 pm
I wish they would do another run of this knife.. if not the brown then maybe in a blue (that matches the Delica/Endura color) or a dark forest green FRCP.. come on Knife Center- you obviously had no issues selling the first run!

Another run would be nice as would a run of matching CTS-XHP Brown Native LWs! If they offered both in DLC then even better! Id buy one of each Havent tried XHP yet.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

The did a run of original natives in brown/xhp. Neither that one nor the Manix flew off the shelves but both sold out in a reasonable amount of time. I would buy a Native5LW in brown/xhp. Also, a rerun of brown/xhp Militarys but with the CQI would make me smile.

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

Very nice Darby! You always seem to post more and more great Spydercos that I never knew you had...any idea how many you have in your collection?