C101PBN2 Manix 2 CTS XHP Brown FRCP Knife Center Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jazz

Re: C101PBN2 Manix 2 CTS XHP Brown FRCP Knife Center Exclusive

Post by Jazz »

Funny how we disagree, but we're all different. The color is awesome.
- best wishes, Jazz.
Nate

Post by Nate »

Crikey!, just bought a user foliage green XHP Manix off the bf exchange last week, hasn't even landed yet.

Wanted to try XHP and probably would have waited for this instead since I already have the Cruwear sprint but no lw... Spoiled with choices, we are. :rolleyes:
:spyder:
NJMS

Post by NJMS »

Can you RIT dye the FRCP scales as you can FRN? (or will it not take easily like G10)

I have one in my cart to order as the middle ground of XHP vs BD-1/S110V is appealing to me. But brown.... Not a fan. If it'll RIT dye black I have the dye anyway from a yellow DF2 salt.
Donut

Post by Donut »

This thing looks pretty nice. I haven't been carrying much XHP lately. This should put it back in my pocket.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Well, I decided to go ahead and pre-order the XHP, and, I guess since it was less than $100, there was going to be $2.99 shipping.

I was planning to wait and read up more on Maxamet before ordering the Maxamet lightweight (I think I'm really going to like the dark gray), but on impulse, I went ahead and pre-ordered it too, to save the $2.99. That was being economical, right? right? :eek:

Edit: spelling, etc -- not maximet as in maximum
Last edited by DougC-3 on Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Nice. I think I paid about 120 for my foliage green model.
Northglenn500

Post by Northglenn500 »

I just ordered one. I've noticed some people complain about Knife Centers pre-orders. Have there been problems with this process in the past?
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

It's only money I guess....I'm in!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
ShaneInDenver

Post by ShaneInDenver »

Northglenn500 wrote:I just ordered one. I've noticed some people complain about Knife Centers pre-orders. Have there been problems with this process in the past?
I think with something like this exclusive they will know exactly how many they ordered and not take more pre-orders than knives coming in. I don't know this for a fact, just speculating. In the past with sprint runs, they send out the knives in the order that people pre-ordered them in and they've taken too many pre-orders, so people don't always get the knife they want. And with a sprint run, once they're gone, they're gone.

I pre-ordered a 52100 Military through them and didn't think I was going to get my pre-order, so I ended up ordering one from BladeHQ and then around two months later I noticed my credit card got charged and Knife Center sent me another 52100. Not the end of the world, it'll make a great Christmas gift to my father. But waiting those two months and wondering if you're going to get your pre-order while all of the other sites sell out is a tough place to be in.

With the Cruwear PM2 sprint run they added this verbiage to the listing:

"Disclaimer: Although we have a large quantity on order with the manufacturer, we are not provided with any details as to how many we will receive. We expect most of the pre-orders to be filled, however, cannot guarantee that all pre-orders will be filled. Orders will be shipped based on pre-order date."

I think you'll be fine though since this is an exclusive.
Donut

Post by Donut »

ShaneInDenver wrote:
Northglenn500 wrote:I just ordered one. I've noticed some people complain about Knife Centers pre-orders. Have there been problems with this process in the past?
I think with something like this exclusive they will know exactly how many they ordered and not take more pre-orders than knives coming in. I don't know this for a fact, just speculating. In the past with sprint runs, they send out the knives in the order that people pre-ordered them in and they've taken too many pre-orders, so people don't always get the knife they want. And with a sprint run, once they're gone, they're gone.

I pre-ordered a 52100 Military through them and didn't think I was going to get my pre-order, so I ended up ordering one from BladeHQ and then around two months later I noticed my credit card got charged and Knife Center sent me another 52100. Not the end of the world, it'll make a great Christmas gift to my father. But waiting those two months and wondering if you're going to get your pre-order while all of the other sites sell out is a tough place to be in.

With the Cruwear PM2 sprint run they added this verbiage to the listing:

"Disclaimer: Although we have a large quantity on order with the manufacturer, we are not provided with any details as to how many we will receive. We expect most of the pre-orders to be filled, however, cannot guarantee that all pre-orders will be filled. Orders will be shipped based on pre-order date."

I think you'll be fine though since this is an exclusive.
Knifecenter has a history of taking as many pre-orders as people want to sign up for. The early ones will get one and the later ones will get an email saying that it is out of stock and they don't know when it will get back in stock. They usually never get back in stock and it hangs in limbo.

*edit* Oh, it's an exclusive, I agree with you! I thought this was talking about the Cruwear Para.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Cogito

Post by Cogito »

Edit
spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

Heads up! My CC was just charged and the website Is showing "In Stock".
Waiting for shipping confirmation!
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run
buccilli15

Post by buccilli15 »

Thanks for the head's up--I just ordered one! :D
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

My card just got charged too, good thing to, its been at least a week without a new piece at the mailbox, been going through withdrawals... :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Yep! My card was just dinged too! :)
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Can't wait to see some more pics. I'm not really into the brown but love XHP... a couple of glamour shots in the wild might push me over the edge.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Whitetail addict wrote:Mines shipped :)
Mine's en-route too. I wasn't too sure about this one at first. I didn't like the brown FRCP but I think I'm already learning to like it because I'm getting excited for it's arrival. I figure the knife's a great value and if I end up not liking it I can always send it on it's way.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

YEp just got my shipping notice
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Shockwave

Post by Shockwave »

Placed my order last night. Waiting anxiously for a shipping notice. I just got back from another wilderness backpacking trip where the LW Manix s110v was with me the whole time. The knife never leaves my side, and is my most carried and favorite Spyderco. This new cts-xhp version will be moved to backpack duty. I'm looking forward to the CS exclusive and the maxamet version as well. What a great time to be a LW Manix2 user.
Donut

Post by Donut »

I got lucky and mine arrived today.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.