Importing kershaw 1900 into canada

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
jb02

Importing kershaw 1900 into canada

Post by jb02 »

hello i am looking into buying a kershaw 1900GRY E.T. and importing it into canada, since this knife is worth alot of money i want to know if this will be legal to import. i have read canadian knife legislation but its very vague and does not specify if external toggle knives are legal to import. any help on this would be awesome
Fallen

Re: Importing kershaw 1900 into canada

Post by Fallen »

Sorry if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this kind of question. Maybe BF would be better.

AFAIK
Butterflies, autos, and anything else that can be opened by gravity > not allowed.
Carrying > fine as long as it is considered to be a tool and not a weapon.

Don't quote me on that though. Not completely sure.
jb02

Post by jb02 »

what is BF
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I am neither Canadian, or a lawyer, but based on Kershaw's video showing that you can open the knife by pressing the toggle without ever touching the blade, I'm inclined to think the chances of it being considered a "flick knife", either by Canadian Customs or by the police if you were ever stopped, would be pretty high.
https://youtu.be/eCmc0eK0Fug
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

Not familiar with Kershaws but based on the video it would most likely be considered a prohibited device (butterfly knives, brass knuckles, pistol magazines over 10 rounds). If not would it be worth the court case to prove?

On a personal note not a huge fan of that design. I like my knives to open only when I want them too.
jb02

Post by jb02 »

im going to order a knock off from ebay ( only 6$) with the same kind of external toggle and see the results of that