Knifeworks M4 PM2!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jalcon

Re: Knifeworks M4 PM2!

Post by jalcon »

660 sold as of a few minutes ago. I think this will last into tomorrow..
Bladewacked

Post by Bladewacked »

jalcon wrote:660 sold as of a few minutes ago. I think this will last into tomorrow..
yea doesnt seem to have the draw that the natural/jade para had interesting
BTG

Post by BTG »

Bladewacked wrote:
jalcon wrote:660 sold as of a few minutes ago. I think this will last into tomorrow..
yea doesnt seem to have the draw that the natural/jade para had interesting

We'll see, I think some who tried earlier might not have had a chance to get back to it...saw a lot of, off to work, have to try later comments.....plus the one per customer seemed to help slow things down a bit.
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

I think these will linger for a few days. Still impressive though. But the way those Jade M4s sold out was unreal....sure limiting these KW ones to 1 per customer will slow things down. They'll still sell out...why should KW care if it takes 2 hours or a week to sell out?
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

The one per customer limit and the price are probably the only reason they are not gone already. They still seem to be going fast.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

I received this response from KnifeWorks after inquiring about my order and when it will ship:
We apologize for any issues you encountered while trying to submit your order this morning. We were overloaded with so many customers trying to place orders at the same time. I do see that you have an order for our M4 Para 2. We greatly appreciate your patience.

We should be receiving our first shipment of about 300-400 knives by the end of the week, but have not received a shipping confirmation from Spyderco yet. As we have so many orders that were placed at nearly the same time, I cannot say exactly when your order will ship out. We have too many to count where you are in line. We apologize for any inconvenience. Let me know if you have any other questions. Have a great day!
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Soulrack

Post by Soulrack »

I paid KW before for a pre-order that was "imminent" but then waited for months to receive my knife. Hopefully the wait on this one won't be too long. Considering I just got the jade M4 last week, I don't really need this one immediately.
RobC2

Post by RobC2 »

Limiting people to one knife certainly slowed things down as well as the timing of this one in relation to the Jade M4. The Jade one was crazy, it seemed like everyone bought extras and immediately flipped one or two of them. Hard to beat ~$50 in play money per knife for 15 minutes or so of work.
Sushimoto

Post by Sushimoto »

Picked one up at 6:23am PST. Tried the web at 6:00am....server crash. Tried landline, kept hitting redial finally got through. Was in the first hundred or so placed orders. Will be a part of the first batch mailed out. So I was told. Cool. Looking forward to seeing this knife. Tight budget after receiving the BHQ Jade M4, and this too. This is one expensive addiction. But, fun!
Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

I probably won't get one out of first batch as I hesitated til 9:45 because just wasn't sure about spending the money so soon after the jade m4. If it ends up being months til the next batch I may just move on and forget about it. To many other things will be out by then that I want.
MadmanR1

Post by MadmanR1 »

I ordered one, of course. Darn paramilitarys I can't resist 'em.
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

I tried to resist. The Jade Para going quick made it easy. this one was still available. Added the exclusive Millie to the order, in for a penny, in for a pound.

Was trying to be good.
Jschu22

Post by Jschu22 »

I was so onboard for this, just hesitated while I figured out a way around the wife-problem, but then the realities of it being a pre-order set in. Ive not been blessed with tremendous patience and Im sure something else will come around between order and fulfillment. That would just be my luck. Cant wait to see the pics you guys put up though.
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Jschu22 wrote:I was so onboard for this, just hesitated while I figured out a way around the wife-problem, but then the realities of it being a pre-order set in. Ive not been blessed with tremendous patience and Im sure something else will come around between order and fulfillment. That would just be my luck. Cant wait to see the pics you guys put up though.
Just look at the S90V or CPM 154/S90V PM2 sprints...it's going to look exactly like that lol
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Wasn't going to buy one, but since they were still there....

https://youtu.be/UPw-3e_pzqU
Orangeneck

Post by Orangeneck »

RobC2 wrote:This seems familiar. Which release was it that had similar issues?
It was the 2013 Spyderco Forum knife (S110V Native 5).
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

I think these will still be around by Friday..
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

Orangeneck wrote:
Knifeworks PM2 in CTS-204P also had this issue if I remember correctly.
Orangeneck

Post by Orangeneck »

Ferris Wheels wrote:
Orangeneck wrote:
Knifeworks PM2 in CTS-204P also had this issue if I remember correctly.
I think we were able to pre-order the 204P PM2. I waited 16 months, then got a phone call and/or email asking if I wanted to complete the order for 2.
Fallen

Post by Fallen »

Looks like they're not splitting this into batches anymore.

From their website:

A email from Spyderco tell us that whey will ship 1000 pieces out on Thursday 08/04/2016 with shipping time we should receive these on Tuesday 9th or Wednesday 10th. So as of now all orders will be filled and shipped next week.