BHQ Paramilitary 2 CPM M4 Exclusive.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ZrowsN1s

Re: BHQ Paramilitary 2 CPM M4 Exclusive.

Post by ZrowsN1s »

if you mean me, no i didn't do anything to the spine. The edge i put on it decreases from about 13 to 12 degrees per side as you get closer to the tip, giving just a little more cutting power at the tip.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Chinook3

Post by Chinook3 »

Wrong thread sorry :)
My response is "Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there, it just means you can't see it". Sal G.
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

I got mine yesterday and it's another great addition to my collection :) I did have a couple of small issues though. When I changed the clip to tip up, I found out one of the clip holes hadn't been fully drilled out, luckily I just got some new drill bits and it was fixed in a few seconds. Also the knife had a very tight action, when I tried to loosen the pivot it was really hard (they must be using a different type of locktite). I didn't want to strip the screws but I must have just loosened the pivot enough to get a good action and now the knife is perfect :D

Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
timlara

Post by timlara »

Johnnie1801 wrote:I got mine yesterday and it's another great addition to my collection :) I did have a couple of small issues though. When I changed the clip to tip up, I found out one of the clip holes hadn't been fully drilled out, luckily I just got some new drill bits and it was fixed in a few seconds. Also the knife had a very tight action, when I tried to loosen the pivot it was really hard (they must be using a different type of locktite). I didn't want to strip the screws but I must have just loosened the pivot enough to get a good action and now the knife is perfect :D
NIce photo!

Glad you got the minor kinks sorted out. I had similar issues with mine, but after adjusting my pivot about 1/8 or maybe even 1/16 of a turn, the action on mine is absolutely perfect now as well. Somebody at the factory got a little torque-happy with this run, but otherwise the quality is superb. :D
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Johnnie1801 wrote:I got mine yesterday and it's another great addition to my collection :) I did have a couple of small issues though. When I changed the clip to tip up, I found out one of the clip holes hadn't been fully drilled out, luckily I just got some new drill bits and it was fixed in a few seconds. Also the knife had a very tight action, when I tried to loosen the pivot it was really hard (they must be using a different type of locktite). I didn't want to strip the screws but I must have just loosened the pivot enough to get a good action and now the knife is perfect :D

I had the exact same issue with mine regarding the pocket clip holes. One wasn't drilled properly or something. Also, Golden is using red loctite now. The last three PM2's and a Yojimbo have had it that I've disassembled. Mine was a bit stiff out of the box too but it worked in perfectly and after a day or so the blade was free falling without blade play.

Forced a patina last night.

Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Beautiful patina LC! Which method did you use?
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Spydersense wrote:Beautiful patina LC! Which method did you use?
Thanks! Plain mustard in thin lines for about 15 minutes at a time. Then wipe it down and do it again. I think I did 4 applications.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
aquaman67

Post by aquaman67 »

How about orange-ish?

farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Liquid Cobra wrote:

I had the exact same issue with mine regarding the pocket clip holes. One wasn't drilled properly or something. Also, Golden is using red loctite now. The last three PM2's and a Yojimbo have had it that I've disassembled. Mine was a bit stiff out of the box too but it worked in perfectly and after a day or so the blade was free falling without blade play.

Forced a patina last night.

Wow, that looks flipping awesome LC, can you give some detail on your process.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
timlara

Post by timlara »

aquaman67 wrote:How about orange-ish?

"Tangerine"! I like it!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

@liquid_cobra
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Looks great!
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Liquid Cobra wrote:http://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyderco-M ... ife--29810

Back in stock! Hurry!
nope. out.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Is there an M4 PM2 coming out?.....Wow, no-one's mentioned it on the forums or Facebook at all.

Not even a little bit.

:D
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Very Nice! I like that a lot! :D
:bug-red-white
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Yea pretty cool. I'd call it "Tang."
aquaman67

Post by aquaman67 »

tvenuto wrote:Yea pretty cool. I'd call it "Tang."
Ha! Tang. I like it.
Kaiser Bobby

Post by Kaiser Bobby »

I have a NIB M4 PM2 if anyone wants to trade for an ELMAX PM2 :spyder:
Kaiser Bobby

Post by Kaiser Bobby »

I have a NIB M4 PM2 if anyone wants to trade for an ELMAX PM2 :spyder:
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Kaiser Bobby wrote:trade offer
Sorry man, WTS/WTT posts aren't allowed here. Maybe head on over to bladeforums?