FRN Jester Sprint Input Needed

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

What color FRN would you like to see on the FRN Jester sprint run?

British Racing Green
11%
Burgundy
13%
Navy Blue
14%
Tan
6%
Orange
12%
Yellow
2%
White
11%
Purple
6%
Gray
5%
Glow-in-the-Dark
19%

Total votes: 443

jabba359

Re: FRN Jester Sprint Input Needed

Post by jabba359 »

bh49 wrote:For some reason I thought that sprint Jester is already decided.
I had thought the same thing as well, but couldn't find the quote so attributed it to me misremembering. The quote you found is exactly the one I had been thinking of. Glad to know I'm not going crazy. :p
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
bh49

Post by bh49 »

SpyderNut wrote: I'd love to see a resurrection of the Burgundy Micarta Jester, but I'm afraid Micarta is not an option. :( Maybe G-10?
Smooth G10, please. I love my grey G10 Jester, but I will love smooth G10 even more. I never understand why small key-chain knife needs peel-ply scales.
jabba359 wrote:
I had thought the same thing as well, but couldn't find the quote so attributed it to me misremembering. The quote you found is exactly the one I had been thinking of. Glad to know I'm not going crazy. :p
You are not crazy. Or both of us crazy the same way (Jester-crazy), so seem to each other normal (Jester-normal) :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

bh49 wrote:
SpyderNut wrote: I'd love to see a resurrection of the Burgundy Micarta Jester, but I'm afraid Micarta is not an option. :( Maybe G-10?
Smooth G10, please. I love my grey G10 Jester, but I will love smooth G10 even more. I never understand why small key-chain knife needs peel-ply scales.
jabba359 wrote:
You are not crazy. Or both of us crazy the same way (Jester-crazy), so seem to each other normal (Jester-normal) :)
Agreed, Roman. Smooth G-10 would be best. I'd like to see this in hunter green G-10. :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
bh49

Post by bh49 »

SpyderNut wrote:
bh49 wrote:
jabba359 wrote:
Agreed, Roman. Smooth G-10 would be best. I'd like to see this in hunter green G-10. :D
I love green or dark green. I hate foliage green. What is hunter green?
This looks nice
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c ... er%20green
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

bh49 wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
bh49 wrote:
jabba359 wrote:
I love green or dark green. I hate foliage green. What is hunter green?
This looks nice
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c ... er%20green
Yes, that is quite close to what I was thinking. Sorry about that, I actually meant to say Forest Green. Here is a picture of what I had in mind (from Alpha Knife Supply): https://www.alphaknifesupply.com/zdata- ... G10-Forest
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Forest green is even better. All settle as long as jabba is on board :)

DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

bh49 wrote:You [jabba359]are not crazy. Or both of us crazy the same way (Jester-crazy), so seem to each other normal (Jester-normal) :)
Good lateral thinking -- does not sound like a crazy person. I've never felt a great need for the smaller knives but have always wanted a Jester. If this Jester comes to fruition and I can get one I might go normal.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

SpyderNut wrote: That is true. ;) I'd love to see a resurrection of the Burgundy Micarta Jester, but I'm afraid Micarta is not an option. :( Maybe G-10?
G10 Jester is on my keys ALWAYS. I'd love to see an unlaminated SuperBlue with polished black G10 though. That would replace my current one, no question.

Ken
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Any updates, news, gossips?

bh49

Post by bh49 »

BTW, I have about half a dozen of friends, who need Jesters

Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

Still want this one ...
bh49

Post by bh49 »

still waiting
Attachments
Still waiting.jpg

vivi

Post by vivi »

Just voicing support for this sprint. Never tried a Jester, always wanted to. I like the jimping near the tip for your index finger, nice little design.

I voted for gray but I'm up for anything.
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

I thought at one point these had been confirmed and were likely dark blue. This is one of the items I keep hoping becomes a pleasant surprise release.
LC Kid

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Folks!

ohcyclist wrote:I thought at one point these had been confirmed and were likely dark blue. This is one of the items I keep hoping becomes a pleasant surprise release.
Absolutely true. Since then, nothing. That was eons ago. :confused:

bh49 wrote:still waiting
Touché! :D This guy was waiting for a Jester too...

bh49 wrote:BTW, I have about half a dozen of friends, who need Jesters
Actually I was thinking about buying a dozen of them, at least. 3 - 4 for the wife and I, and the rest for friends and buddies.

Time to move on. :rolleyes:
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Here's a pic of some Jesters to tide us over...

Sal, any word?!?!? :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

Had a friend who loves the jimped blade on my g10 sprint. He's not a small knife guy, but out of all my knives really wants one of these. They are awesome, and an inexpensive FRN sprint would be amazing.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

FRN Sprint will be great, but I would love to see G10 (strongly prefer smooth) or micarta sprint as well. Will not pass on SS, Ti or CF either. PE please.

Sal,

Take our money and give us Jesters
:)
Last edited by bh49 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

T_MAC686

Post by T_MAC686 »

any news on this?
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I was sort of late to the party with the Jesters. Cool looking little knife.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal