H1 with G10

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ZrowsN1s

H1 with G10

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Opinions sought on the idea of a G10 handled H1 blade. I would love a larger sized H1 folder with G10 handles and skeletonized liner. The ultimate would be a PM2 in H1 with yellow G10. yes? no? terrible idea? please share, all opinions welcome.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Evil D

Re: H1 with G10

Post by Evil D »

I don't mind FRN for Salt knives, but I would be soooooo happy with solid G10 scales. I doubt they'd ever put liners in them but I could see solid G10 since many of the classic Spyderco knives came this way.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

The Caribbean will be coming in two sizes with two blade shapes with LC200N and G10.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Donut

Post by Donut »

I wonder if Boomer has done anything like this yet.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

bearfacedkiller wrote:The Caribbean will be coming in two sizes with two blade shapes with LC200N and G10.
Is that a confirmed release or one of the prototypes that may never see the light of day?

I've certainly been waiting for an H1 blade with G10. Unfortunately I'm unable to purchase an autonomy :(
Last edited by Liquid Cobra on Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
v8r

Post by v8r »

I would be down for a Manix XL with H1 and yellow G10 handles. Highly unlikely it would ever happen though.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Evil D wrote:I don't mind FRN for Salt knives, but I would be soooooo happy with solid G10 scales. I doubt they'd ever put liners in them but I could see solid G10 since many of the classic Spyderco knives came this way.
I could live with solid G10 Liners.
v8r wrote:I would be down for a Manix XL with H1 and yellow G10 handles. Highly unlikely it would ever happen though.
An H1 XL would be great in the kitchen.

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:The Caribbean will be coming in two sizes with two blade shapes with LC200N and G10.
Is that a confirmed release or one of the prototypes that may never see the light of day?

I've certainly been waiting for an H1 blade with G10. Unfortunately I'm unable to purchase a autonomy :(
Ya when does that drop?

Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

The autonomy is out now.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
swigert

Post by swigert »

Liquid Cobra wrote:The autonomy is out now.
This!!!
bearfacedkiller

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:

I've certainly been waiting for an H1 blade with G10. Unfortunately I'm unable to purchase a autonomy :(
Ya when does that drop?
I have no idea. I would expect it to be a while.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

What are the thoughts on seeing something in LC200N and G-10 (vs H1)? A smaller folding knife (2.5" blade) or larger (3" and larger)?

I know the Caribbean is hopefully coming soon, but maybe we'll see other G-10 folders in the Salt line.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

[quote="bearfacedkiller
I have no idea. I would expect it to be a while.[/quote]

Why do you think it will still take more time for this new Salt folder to be out? Can we expect it to be out by summer 2016 or it will likely take longer?
bearfacedkiller

We haven't really officially seen a proto yet. They may just bring them to market and skip that step but usually we see an official proto first. I think the Mantra came straight to market without us seeing pics so anything is possible. At this point only the Spydercrew knows.
-Darby
sal

Post by sal »

Thanx Killer. The first model is being engineered now. It is planned for release. A bit of an experiment but we have a good chance of success.

sal
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Very cool! I feel like a kid in a candy store with a brand new candy being released...and the doors have not opened yet :)
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

If they would ever do a Sprint run of the C-60 Ayoob or the IMPALA model in the H-1 Salt Series and not use a G-10 handle on a premium design like the ones I just mentioned I would be highly disappointed. I like many of the FRN Salt knives but some of Spyderco's knives do so much better with G-10 handles. When they did the Sprint Run of the Ayoob model with a G-10 handle it made it a completely different knife all together and much better I might add.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

SpyderNut wrote:What are the thoughts on seeing something in LC200N and G-10 (vs H1)? A smaller folding knife (2.5" blade) or larger (3" and larger)?

I know the Caribbean is hopefully coming soon, but maybe we'll see other G-10 folders in the Salt line.
i just posted a new thread asking sal to make a dragonfly sized h1 hawkbill. but id love one in lc200n and g10.

ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

sal wrote: The first model is being engineered now. It is planned for release. A bit of an experiment but we have a good chance of success.

sal
cant wait. thanks for the info, when i started this thread i was unaware that you were going to release a knife in g10 and lc200n (i love h1 but im exited to try lc200n).