52100 Military

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bdblue

Re: 52100 Military

Post by bdblue »

farnorthdan wrote:Yea I think I will just chill and see how things pan out, I've always been able to get what I want by just paying attention when they drop. There's usually enough to go around for those who really want one.
Unfortunately those of us that have to work for a living have a bigger problem. Most days I have no internet access from midnight to 6 or 7 pm the next evening. The knives hit the retailer in the morning, sell out in a few hours, when I get home they are all gone.
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

I get so excited every time I get that email because first I think it's a tracking number......NOPE!!! "You are in good hands....blah blah blah.....".
Spydercos, Sebenzas, Shiros, Bastinellis, Hinderers, Microtechs & Brends ALL ROCK!!!
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

bdblue wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:Yea I think I will just chill and see how things pan out, I've always been able to get what I want by just paying attention when they drop. There's usually enough to go around for those who really want one.
Unfortunately those of us that have to work for a living have a bigger problem. Most days I have no internet access from midnight to 6 or 7 pm the next evening. The knives hit the retailer in the morning, sell out in a few hours, when I get home they are all gone.
News Flash, I work for a living too friend, doesn't keep me from checking in when I know the good ones are about to drop, I guess some of us are just a little more resourceful than others. :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Strong-Dog

Post by Strong-Dog »

bdblue wrote:

Uh....boo hoo? I'm a full time student and I still make time to check for all recent releases
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Haha, the struggles of a knife knut are real. :p
Going back to Caly.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

SpeedHoles wrote:Haha, the struggles of a knife knut are real. :p
I hate it when real life gets in the way of my knife hobby :mad:
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Evil D wrote:
Lol why cant everyone leave us alone and let us play with knives all day
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Evil D wrote:

The bill collector came to the door and I tried to show him my cool knives, but he just ran away.... so I guess using my mortgage payment to buy more knives might work out in the end anyway.
Going back to Caly.
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

Strong-Dog wrote: I'm a full time student and I still make time to check for all recent releases
You don't have the same boss that I have. I have no internet access at work.
swigert

Post by swigert »

Interesting flipping conversation to say the least.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

bdblue wrote:
Strong-Dog wrote: I'm a full time student and I still make time to check for all recent releases
You don't have the same boss that I have. I have no internet access at work.
There *are* advantages to having a job doing web development. I kind of *have* to have internet access.
It can be difficult to find time to browse the forum while I'm behind on a project though :).
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Chinook3

Post by Chinook3 »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Evil D wrote:
Lol why cant everyone leave us alone and let us play with knives all day
Right? :D
My response is "Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there, it just means you can't see it". Sal G.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Smart phone + bathroom break. I've bought more than one knife this way when a computer wasn't available.
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

tvenuto wrote:Smart phone + bathroom break. I've bought more than one knife this way when a computer wasn't available.
I've bought more than one knife with my smartphone. I purchased my first PM2 while rolling along I-30 somewhere between Texarkana and Dallas (I was a passenger BTW, not driving. Safety first :D )
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

tvenuto wrote:Smart phone + bathroom break. I've bought more than one knife this way when a computer wasn't available.

I hate to admit it, but this is pretty much how it works sometimes. Fortunately in the past I've had a job and boss that both worked with me either leaving early to come home and do it on my PC, or just schedule my breaks around it. I actually took a personal day when the green G10/S110V Native forum knife came out lol.
~David
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Evil D wrote:

I hate to admit it, but this is pretty much how it works sometimes. Fortunately in the past I've had a job and boss that both worked with me either leaving early to come home and do it on my PC, or just schedule my breaks around it. I actually took a personal day when the green G10/S110V Native forum knife came out lol.
That's dedication!!!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Evil D wrote:

That's dedication!!!
Yes....yes.... Bravo!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I don't know about dedication, it was a paid personal day ;)
~David
Donut

Post by Donut »

Yeah, but were you with a client? :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Just goes to show you, the resorceful bird gets the spydie.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."