Yojimdo2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
maliboy67

Yojimdo2

Post by maliboy67 »

I'm thinking about getting a Yojimbo2, I really like Wharncliffe blades so that is why it appeals to me. I'd appreciate input from those who have owned one. I currently have a Persistence that I carry at work and a PM2 for the rest of the time so my collection is small.
Chopping Broccoli

Re: Yojimdo2

Post by Chopping Broccoli »

It's a pretty awesome knife. I picked up one the CF s90V versions. I do not carry it and it has been a safe queen for me but it is fun to handle. When I show off my Spyderco collection to friends, it is one a lot of people are drawn to because of the unique blade shape. It really is a pretty bad *** self defense blade.
palonej

Post by palonej »

I picked one up about a month ago and can't put it down!! Best lock ever with the meanest blade profile!! What more could you ask for??
Great knife!
Joe
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

If you like wharnies you pretty much answered the question yourself.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
maliboy67

Post by maliboy67 »

I just ordered one, look forward to getting it. Wasn't sure I wanted a hollow ground blade but I hone and maintain my straight razors so why not.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

maliboy67 wrote:I just ordered one, look forward to getting it. Wasn't sure I wanted a hollow ground blade but I hone and maintain my straight razors so why not.
It's a trade off. The original Yojimbo was flat ground so it sliced well but it had a very fragile tip so it wasn't good for much more than self defense. The hollow grind allows the tip to be a little more robust, and it'll still get the job done in SD.

I would love to see it have a 5mm thick blade in full flat grind with no distal taper. I think that would make it slice better while still keeping a thicker tip.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Boar-gen

Post by Boar-gen »

It's my all time favorite folder and I use it every day as a great utility knife. I am sure you will enjoy Yojimbo 2.

Boar-gen
Detdaddy

Post by Detdaddy »

This is one of my favorites! Excellent ergonomics, both normal and reverse grip. I have used it for edc, and I like knowing I have a great sd knife if needed. I found a trainer for it from Keen knives that i use in Kali class. The tip is much improved. My only (minor) critique is the handle could be slightly longer. But again, outstanding fit to my hand. I really like carrying it clipped in my back pocket. The price is very reasonable, too. Get one and report back.
maliboy67

Post by maliboy67 »

Received my Yo2 today, very impressive knife for it'a size. I'm very happy I decided to get it.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Congratulations! I'm waiting on the blurple one
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
swigert

Post by swigert »

Congrats. It's a winner for sure.
Able Dog

Post by Able Dog »

Spydergirl88 wrote:Congratulations! I'm waiting on the blurple one
Sadly it may never come. Something about the blade shape not being amenable to S110v.

Congrats on the Yojimbo 2 maliboy, always fun to have another member of the club.

W.O.T.W. - Way of the Wharncliffe
Big Nick

Post by Big Nick »

Sorry for the hijack,

Does anyone know where I can purchase some aftermarket scales for the Y2? Not too fussed on color or material, just wanted a change.

many kind thanks, Nick. :-)
palonej

Post by palonej »

I put orange Allen Putman scales on mine Nick. Much better feel in hand and it looks insane cool!!
I got the Anso ones! Think they were $70 shipped and simple to install!! I'll post a pic later for you.
Joe
palonej

Post by palonej »

Here she is.......one super sexy Yo2!!
Attachments
image.jpg
napalmfriday

Post by napalmfriday »

The Yojimbo2 spends more time in my pocket than any other in my collection. It just seems to fly open with such authority. A great choice for sure!
kaysa

Post by kaysa »

Got myself 2 CF s90v version, and can't stop showing off to whoever are interested in my collection.
People saw it the first time always shocked by the mean looking straight edge, and it's overall shape,
when I explain to them MJ's design philosophy, they all think it's a well thought design and impressed by such an creation.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Able Dog wrote:
Sadly it may never come. Something about the blade shape not being amenable to S110v.

Congrats on the Yojimbo 2 maliboy, always fun to have another member of the club.
Who said that s110v would not work?
DrtyHarry

Post by DrtyHarry »

From a SD view....would the PM2 or Yojimbo2 be preferred?
Spydercos, Sebenzas, Shiros, Bastinellis, Hinderers, Microtechs & Brends ALL ROCK!!!
Able Dog

Post by Able Dog »

twinboysdad wrote:
Able Dog wrote:

Who said that s110v would not work?
It hasn't been decided definitively yet, but Michael Janich said they are still considering the Yo2 in S110v. Eric and Sal are investigating whether or not S110v works with the thin tip of the Yo2.

W.O.T.W. - Way of the Wharncliffe