Is the SpyderHawk H1 SE or similar coming back?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ROFJ

Re: Is the SpyderHawk H1 SE or similar coming back?

Post by ROFJ »

PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!
Donut

Post by Donut »

Hey ROFJ, welcome to the forum.

Sprints are only a little bit more expensive than production.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
ROFJ

Post by ROFJ »

Here are a few nib I found for sale! Enjoy :)

http://www.ebay.com/usr/spyderbugs?_trk ... 7675.l2559" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

ROFJ wrote:Here are a few nib I found for sale! Enjoy :)

http://www.ebay.com/usr/spyderbugs?_trk ... 7675.l2559" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They must have sold out already - there are no items for sale by this seller right now.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Seriously why don't they consider marketing an H-1 Spyderhawk as a gardening/landscaping tool? I would bet that many of the gardening supply catalogs would love having it in their line up. I'm hearing more and more how good of a gardening/landscaping tool it is and it's high time that target market got a sample of it.

I'm sure there must be other trades and jobs that a knife like that would be a dream tool.
vivi

Post by vivi »

I'd like to see it come back. I had one but it was stolen :/ Still carry a Tasman Salt here and there, but the bigger handle fits my hand better.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Vivi wrote:I'd like to see it come back. I had one but it was stolen :/ Still carry a Tasman Salt here and there, but the bigger handle fits my hand better.
The only thing I don't like about the two TASMAN models I own is that they just don't have that extra ridgidity that the HARPY model has. They are a great Hawkbill blade so don't misunderstand me>> albeit I just like the HARPY a lot better for a lot of reasons.

And for that reason I would love to see an H-1 Spyderhawk with either a G-10 or Micarta handle. I know it would add a little weight but I believe the extra sturdiness would be worth it.
ROFJ

Post by ROFJ »

mikerestivo wrote:
ROFJ wrote:Here are a few nib I found for sale! Enjoy :)

They must have sold out already - there are no items for sale by this seller right now.

They sold out in about an hour. they were priced at $64 each I grabbed 5 of each type.

who knows when they will appear for that price again, a few are listed on ebay for 200-300
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

I'd love to see a sprint of the spyderhawk.

Vg10 or h1
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

JAfromMN wrote:I'd love to see a sprint of the spyderhawk.

Vg10 or h1
If they would only bring the Spyderhawk back as a Sprint Run then I wish they would use one of the newer/better blade steels like XHP or M390 or M-4>> it truly would be interesting to see one of Spyderco's Hawkbills in some type of blade steel other than the usual blade steels they make them in.

The Spyderhawk would also be interesting to see in combo edge>> because it's got enough blade length to accomodate a combo edge.
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

JD Spydo wrote:

Vg10 or h1
If they would only bring the Spyderhawk back as a Sprint Run then I wish they would use one of the newer/better blade steels like XHP or M390 or M-4>> it truly would be interesting to see one of Spyderco's Hawkbills in some type of blade steel other than the usual blade steels they make them in.

The Spyderhawk would also be interesting to see in combo edge>> because it's got enough blade length to accomodate a combo edge.
the only reason I'd like it to be made of h1 is price.

It would be bad @@@ if they would make it with a new super steel though and just keep it a production model.
I could take my time and save up for it if it's on the shelves a few years :)

I'd like a fully serrated zdp189 spyderhawk but I know that isn't going to happen.

SAL Bring Back The Spyderhawk. Please.

I know I'd use the crap out of it.

It would work great along with the blades my multitool already has.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Not all sprints are at a premium. They could make minor adjustments to it and the increase would be negligible. This knife is easily worth $150 in my opinion and i mean $150 street price.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

JAfromMN wrote:
JD Spydo wrote:

Vg10 or h1

the only reason I'd like it to be made of h1 is price.

It would be bad @@@ if they would make it with a new super steel though and just keep it a production model.
I could take my time and save up for it if it's on the shelves a few years

SAL Bring Back The Spyderhawk. Please.

I know I'd use the crap out of it.

It would work great along with the blades my multitool already has.
Hey Brother don't misunderstand me because I would welcome the return of the Spyderhawk in H-1>> just used mine yesterday in the garden of all places>> it's funny because I've been saying that they should target market it as a gardening/landscaping tool and get people's minds off of the tactical, SD aspects of the knife which a lot of people are leary of.

Yes I would like to see them do at least one Hawkbill in a Supersteel just to see how it would fare>> Because I do like the original VG-10 Spyderhawk a bit better than I did the H-1 version but I still love both of them. The Spyderhawk is a dream work knife because there is so much you can do with it. Hawkbills are great for all kinds of work with cutting vegetation growth which is how I discovered the value of the knife.

If they would bring back the Spyderhawk and market it mainly as a gardening tool and sell it in the mainline gardening catalogs I think they would even be surprised at how well it would sell in that sector. It's going to come back at some point because there are just so many people that like it to work with>> for that reason alone it won't die on the vine I'm certain of it.
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Its worth 100.00 to me.

Id pay more than my average 70.00 to get this one.

Its worth more to me because it's more specific design.

A ripper
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

JAfromMN wrote:Its worth 100.00 to me.

Id pay more than my average 70.00 to get this one.

Its worth more to me because it's more specific design.

A ripper
"A RIPPER"!! I like that>> it reminds me of what my good Spyder pal Dr. Hannibal Lecter used to say on most of the Hawkbill threads I started>> he so succinctly said "Put In The Tip And Let It RIP"!!!! Only the good Doctor would have said it like that :D I wish he would chime in soon I haven't got to chat with him in a while. He was a huge fan of PE Hawkbills especially.

I must say however I personally find many more uses for Spyderedged Hawkbills than I do plain edged versions.. I do own a few PE hawkbills but they don't get used a lot.

The Spyderhawk when it returned in the H-1 Salt Series must have outsold the original VG-10 version by a big margin because the VG-10 version was only on the main line up for about a year and that was it>> it just never got off the ground like the H-1 version did so maybe you are thinking correctly wanting it back in H-1>> which I certainly won't object to at all. I would however like to see them do one in combo edge>> I've wondered for a long time what a Spyderhawk in CE would be like?
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Off Topic
"A RIPPER"!! I like that>> it reminds me of what my good Spyder pal Dr. Hannibal Lecter used to say on most of the Hawkbill threads I started>> he so succinctly said "Put In The Tip And Let It RIP"!!!!
The good doctor is a friend of mine.

He likes his plane edge.

I prefer serrated.

He is the guy that got me thinking about a hawkbill.

He knows what he'll be using his knife for..I never do. i just knowFully serrated will cut through most anything.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

JAfromMN wrote:
Off Topic
"A RIPPER"!! I like that>> it reminds me of what my good Spyder pal Dr. Hannibal Lecter used to say on most of the Hawkbill threads I started>> he so succinctly said "Put In The Tip And Let It RIP"!!!!
The good doctor is a friend of mine.

He likes his plane edge.

I prefer serrated.

He is the guy that got me thinking about a hawkbill.

He knows what he'll be using his knife for..I never do. i just knowFully serrated will cut through most anything.
I'm surprised my good pal DAYWaLKER hasn't chimed in yet because he was also a serious Hawkbill fan as well. The Good Doctor Hannibal Lecter inspired a lot of people to test out Spyderco's great Hawkbills>> he was one of the guys who challenged me to check them out way back in 04>> the rest is history as they say.

But I'm with you 100'% on Spyderedged Hawkbills because frankly I find 10 times more uses for them than I do with plain edged Hawkbills. You are really at a great advantage doing serious pull cuts with a serrated Hawkbill>> they just seem to cut much easier than a PE hawkbill does IMO.

I'm still terribly confused as to why they never offered the SUPERHAWK model in full SE :confused: I have no doubt that they would have sold at least 5 times as many units had they offered them up with a serrated edge>> no doubt at all on that one.
tr4022

Post by tr4022 »

My tender, wounded soul cries out piteously for a SE SpyderHawk reissue. Sal, are you listening?

My wife "borrowed" my hawkbill ladybug. :(

Tod
ROFJ

Post by ROFJ »

spyderbugs is selling another 10 SE for 79 each! NIB

you're welcome!!!

Ryno

Post by Ryno »

So when is this happening? :D
Ryan

“Every created being is so constituted as to be capable of vice and virtue. For he can do nothing praiseworthy, if he had not the power of turning either way.” - Justin Martyr