2015 Forum Knife Announcement

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dgebler

Re: 2015 Forum Knife Announcement

Post by dgebler »

jabba359 wrote: Image
top to bottom: burgundy Calypso Jr., burgundy 2015 Forum Native 5, and purple 2013 forum Native.
Normally I really appreciate spyderco CQI, but in this case I have to say the old blade profile pre-swedge was a much more pleasing form (IMO of course). I just can't seem to warm up to the new shape. Anyone else feel this way, or am I alone here?

Aside from that, another great offering from the Spyderco crew, great deal on a pretty impressive package. I would like to see a different model next year though.
Studey

Post by Studey »

dgebler wrote:
top to bottom: burgundy Calypso Jr., burgundy 2015 Forum Native 5, and purple 2013 forum Native.
Normally I really appreciate spyderco CQI, but in this case I have to say the old blade profile pre-swedge was a much more pleasing form (IMO of course). I just can't seem to warm up to the new shape. Anyone else feel this way, or am I alone here?

Aside from that, another great offering from the Spyderco crew, great deal on a pretty impressive package. I would like to see a different model next year though.
To my eyes, the shape is nearly identical. I far prefer the swedge, and wish the manix had it.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

dgebler wrote:

I know you're not alone, many people don't prefer any extra grinds on the blade. While I can't abide strange blade shapes or unnecessary features (can't stand the battlestation or double bevel, for instance) I don't mind a swedge at all. So I'm not with you on the swedge. In fact, it you hadn't mentioned it I probably wouldn't have noticed the difference between the two forum knives in the picture.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

bh49 wrote:I am getting jealous. Mine is schedule to arrive on Tuesday.
For me the color is beautiful. Of cause not as beautiful as dark green, still one of the best. :)
I don't have mine yet either. Being only one state away from CO, I usually get my orders quickly. Didn't get a tracking number when calling in my order. I guess I'll give them a call on Monday.
:bug-red-white
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Picked mine up yesterday. Saweet!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine is flawless and super light. What a great package at a great price. I love the color and it adds some great variety to my rotation.

Thanks again Spyderco!!!!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

senorsquare wrote:Love the new forum knife. This here is a very capable pair that combined weigh less than most knives on the market.

I agree Senor, great combo!

I am very impressed with the SE version, the FFG + serrations are superb. I not a serrated edge fanatic :p , but this FFG SE might just convert me...
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
bh49

Post by bh49 »

gbelleh wrote: I don't have mine yet either. Being only one state away from CO, I usually get my orders quickly. Didn't get a tracking number when calling in my order. I guess I'll give them a call on Monday.
I am sorry to hear this, I hope that yours will shows up on Monday.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
swigert

Post by swigert »

I can't believe they are still available!
Chinook3

Post by Chinook3 »

gbelleh wrote:
bh49 wrote:I am getting jealous. Mine is schedule to arrive on Tuesday.
For me the color is beautiful. Of cause not as beautiful as dark green, still one of the best. :)
I don't have mine yet either. Being only one state away from CO, I usually get my orders quickly. Didn't get a tracking number when calling in my order. I guess I'll give them a call on Monday.
Hello all. Mine arrived late a day also & I was thinking the same thing I'm in Ca and someone else on the forum received their knife living in North Car. (looks like UPS dropped the ball a bit) The good news is I did get it, I really like it and I ordered another one last night for my wife, Thanks Spyderco this one is kinda special for me!
My response is "Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there, it just means you can't see it". Sal G.
jadehawk

Post by jadehawk »

My First Post and I like to report that "The Forum Knife 2015" is still available I just bought one and it is my 2nd Spyderco ( My 1st is still arriving in the mail (Spyderco Sage 4) ) and for an amazing price (for S90V steel if my research is correct).

I was in the fence because of the color but once I saw these pictures from other members it changed my mind.
Studey wrote:I thought it was a great price! American made, S90V, with a stellar design for under $100? Sweeeeet!

GoldenSpydie wrote:Look what the UPS truck brought...

Overall, I'm very pleased with the Forum Native 5 Lightweight. It is well-built, quite sharp, and the color is cool. S90V for less than $100 in 2015? Thanks Spyderco! :D :spyder: :D

I was interested in a Spyderco Manix 2 to carry at work, and decided (after adding it to the Amazon Cart) to stop by the forum one more time looking for the answer to my final question before hitting the "BUY" button, and I stumble into this thread.

I just Killed 2 birds with one stone/knife - I get a sweet knife and help the forum in the process :) can't beat that!!

Thank you Spyderco! and Kristi, Eric, Sal, & Charlynn!!
bob7

Post by bob7 »

Almost missed this thread. Ordered one to support Spyderco and the forum. Can't wait to try out the new steel.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Jadehawk,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

jadehawk wrote:My First Post and I like to report that "The Forum Knife 2015" is still available I just bought one and it is my 2nd Spyderco ( My 1st is still arriving in the mail (Spyderco Sage 4) ) and for an amazing price (for S90V steel if my research is correct).

I was in the fence because of the color but once I saw these pictures from other members it changed my mind.
You'll be surprised how often pictures from this forum will "change your mind" to buy something! Or maybe they just give that final nudge we need from time to time.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

GoldenSpydie wrote:...I'm finding that I don't mind the hard edges on the handle as much as I thought I would (compared to the Native 1).
Yep... I find that my concerns about these things are frequently forgotten later on with actual use of the knife (I griped about the hard edges a couple of times after the LTWT N5 first came out).

Also I couldn't help noticing in Jabba's photo below that the edges on the Calypso Jr, arguably one of the more all-time popular Spyderco knives, appear to be about the same "hardness" as the LTWT Native 5 and Manix 2 and even less contoured behind the choil than the Native :o Ha Ha... good thing I reserve the right to correct myself when wrong (if someone else doesn't beat me to it) and change my opinions when necessary :D Also it's a reminder of the huge amount of thought, planning and testing that go into these designs.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
jadehawk

Post by jadehawk »

sal wrote:Hi Jadehawk,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
tvenuto wrote:
jadehawk wrote:My First Post and I like to report that "The Forum Knife 2015" is still available I just bought one and it is my 2nd Spyderco ( My 1st is still arriving in the mail (Spyderco Sage 4) ) and for an amazing price (for S90V steel if my research is correct).

You'll be surprised how often pictures from this forum will "change your mind" to buy something! Or maybe they just give that final nudge we need from time to time.
Thank you Both..
Chumango

Post by Chumango »

Can someone post a picture of the paper that was supposed to come with the knives? Just wondering if it is worth asking for it since it did not come with mine (2).
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Mine didn't come with a paper either.

I have carried this knife now for a couple of days and I absolutely love it. It is super light weight and my specimen is flawless. :D
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
swigert

Post by swigert »

Both mine should arrive today!
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Chumango wrote:Can someone post a picture of the paper that was supposed to come with the knives? Just wondering if it is worth asking for it since it did not come with mine (2).
Here you go.

-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
MCM

Post by MCM »

Nice knife! Got my pair.
Anyone know how large this run was?
I see there still available. Just curious.

Thanks!
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......