Roadie bait

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Skywarp

Roadie bait

Post by Skywarp »

Having given a Roadie to my nkp best mate, it was great to receive this text today...

"Just wanted to tell you, I can't believe how much I've used my Spyderco. I must use it at least a couple of times a day. I don't know what I did before I got it! Cheers mate!"

I think it's a Pingo next for him! :D
OldSarSwmr

Re: Roadie bait

Post by OldSarSwmr »

Nice of you to do that for a friend. It's great to see how much some people appreciate a good tool once they realize what they have been missing. My wife was like that, then I got her a Vic Classic for her keyring and she loved and used it. She then asked me to get one for about six of her friends! She has since moved on to carrying a purple Delica. :)

He will love the Pingo! I gave one to a co-worker and he carries it all the time.

Dan
awa54

Re: Roadie bait

Post by awa54 »

...Just gave a Pingo in orange as a Father's day gift to my not-quite Father in law... the criteria were; easy to find if dropped, tough steel, easy pocketability, ambidexterous opening (and lock/unlock, if available) and made in USA for under $100.

So I bombed on the made in USA part :P but the Manix 2 lightweight in blue was too big, not bright enough and CTS BD1 seems to need edge touch-ups a bit too often to be ideal for a hard use farm knife.
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...