Tri-angle or ProFile

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
cliff355

Tri-angle or ProFile

Post by cliff355 »

Recently I traded for what appears to be a "Pro-grip Lite" with a partially serrated G-2 blade. The reason for this trade was so I can take a crack at sharpening sypderedge serrations and to see how well I like them.

However, I am probably ill-equipped for the task and was wondering which would be better: a "Tri-angle" stone for the 204, or a set of those round stones that come in a selection of diameters?

The Tri-angle stone appears to have three sharp edges, so I am assuming none of these edges correspond to the exact size of the serration "scallops." Is this correct, and which outfit do you think works the best.
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

Cliff355,

I'd recommend the Sharpmaker because it helps you keep a consistent edge angle. To help retain the neat look of the serrations, a Lansky croc stick made specifically for the SpyderEdge will fit in the scallops very well. Since the serrations themselves are hollow ground, you won't be able to make an exact match without a specialized grinding wheel.

"It's so nice to talk to someone who can't understand the horrible things I say" -Moe Siszlak