Fake Manix 2 lightweight? ( Grey / s30v conbo?)

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
svoarmy

Fake Manix 2 lightweight? ( Grey / s30v conbo?)

Post by svoarmy »

Hey guys! Im new to the forum, but have been owning spyderco knives for some time. I just bought my first manix 2 light weight on ebay. This one had grey body and the blade steel was in s30v. Upon further into the Manix 2, I cannot find any information on an s30v and grey handle combination. Am I wrong here?? If im right, seems like I just bought a fake knife on ebay. :/

What do you guys think? I will be posting images later tonight! Thanks!
rycen

Re: Fake Manix 2 lightweight? ( Grey / s30v conbo?)

Post by rycen »

brainfriction

Post by brainfriction »

Seller says he swapped out the Maxamet blade, looks legit to me. I don't know of any Manix 2 LW fakes out there currently. I see this on ebay quite a bit, someone will buy two knives, and swap the scales around then sell the other one. I almost bought a s30v PM2 with Blurple scales the other week.
svoarmy

Post by svoarmy »

Ok, yea I read that he swapped the blade out but what I was having trouble with was why the rivets were left alone. I contacted the seller and he said he simply pulled out the pivot, which made total sense. For some reason I dint figure it could be done without the rivets being there. Learned something new! Thanks guys!